2012 Ford Fusion

Based on 419 Ratings for the 2010 - 2012 models.

I Love My Fusion!

By on Saturday, March 14, 2015

Pros: "Reliable, attractive, good fuel economy"

Cons: "Not fun to drive if you like sportier cars"

"After my lemon of a Jetta died last year, I upgraded to an SEL '12 Fusion and never looked back. It is a little more expensive than some other cars in it's class, but I say it's worth it. You get a high quality car for your money. I have steel blue model - and it's sharp-looking. The interior is spacious and comfortable. It handles and drives well. I have only had it in the shop for oil changes. I only have two real gripes about this car. It drives great for normal highway and city travel, but I prefer a sportier car, and the 2.5L doesn't impress me in that sense. I didn't have many options at the time so I took what I could. The 3 and 3.5L engine models are harder to find (sadly). So I am looking to upgrade the engine. Secondly, the Sync system can be glitchy at times and is not the most responsive. For example, sometimes the Sync USB doesn't want to work/will change to the song I want but won't play it. Other than that, they are fantastic cars."

this has been a great car

By on Monday, March 09, 2015

Pros: "just all around good car"

"This car has been one of the most reliable car I have ever owned in a long time. The gas mileage is great for a six cylinder. I just love it."

Best car I ever bought

By on Tuesday, March 03, 2015

Pros: "price,performance, and reliability"

Cons: "Front door pockets"

"no repairs and inexpensive to buy and maintain. Considered an import but after research and a test drive I chose the Fusion S. Great rebates and a further discount from the dealer sealed the deal. No charge maintenance the first 2 years. Completely satisfied with the engine and tranny. Got 37 mpg at 70 mph. Sporty handling, great composure, and adequate power."

Not a great experience.

By on Monday, February 23, 2015

Pros: "Pretty fun to drive when it was acting nice."

Cons: "Bad front end, calipers, axle/CV, rear defroster."

"I test drove a Fusion and I loved it. I got mine (not the one I test drove as I didn't want a moon roof) and after 600 miles I had issues with a front end vibration issue. I was in and out of dealers more than I ever wanted. I opened a case with Ford corporate....there was no resolution. Finally, after looking into the issue myself, I found a front caliper had started to seize. It was replaced under warranty...and brakes were said to be replaced and rotors resurfaced. Brake pads were, rotors were not resurfaced. Rather than go back, I decided to get performance rotors and brake pads. When I went to remove rotors, I discovered why they were not resurfaced....they were welded to the spindle in both the front and back on one side. This issue was eventually resolved with a torch and a dead blow hammer. All this and more by the time I had 3,000 miles on the vehicle. I replaced an axle at a non-Ford facility since it was bad(Ford did not acknowledge the problem). Over time, I found that the CV joint was bad on the same axle/wheel that has had the majority of issues...and that was the last straw for the vehicle...which I am now trading in. Brakes and rotors have been replaced 4 times, with wear being extremely uneven. The side that had had the seized rotor always wearing out very fast(Ford still said no problem found). Tire wear has been extremely uneven as well. I have replaced the tires 5 times (4 summer sets, 1 winter set for 2 winters) all while rotating and aligning as listed in manual. Transmission has had some issues over time, with rough shifting starting at 20,000 miles and staying pretty constant. Yet still not very smooth with normal acceleration, but just fine when accelerating very rapidly. I am on my 4th Ford blower motor in the vehicle, as they start to squeal after about 5,000 miles of driving. (I just started to ignore it after the 4th one, too much money wasted replacing them). Also, Sync is terrible at many things. Voice recognition is bad and it does not recognize what I say. Also, it constantly tells me that songs from my media are unavailable, even after a Sync reset. One other constant repair has been the rear defroster, with 3 repair jobs required, one at the beginning of each winter. The only pro I have is that despite the terrible front end vibration, the vehicle is somewhat fun to drive. I imagine that had I not received a lemon of a vehicle, I would have driven this car into the ground over many more years."

the car is an excellent appliance.

By on Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Pros: "A competent good riding car. Not exciting."

Cons: "Interior well laid out"

"The car is the only new car I have owned that required no warrantee work. It has been in the garage only for oil changes. The appearance of the car turns me off and that is the reason I am getting ready to trade. Based on quality, it is one of the best cars I have ever owned. I commented to my wife that ford spends too much time designing trucks. I never fell in love with the appearance of the car."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Fusion near Honolulu. See local deals