2012 Ford Fusion

Based on 420 Ratings for the 2010 - 2012 models.

An overall great car for the money

By on Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Pros: "An overall great vehicle."

Cons: "nothing at all."

"I have owned this car for three years now. With 28k miles there are no issues to speak off. I love everything about it. Ford have outdone themselves with the Fusion. The car rides like the first day I bought it. Very solid and problem free so far. My only disappointment is that Ford did away with the Sport trim and the V-6."

Perfect For My Needs

By on Sunday, April 19, 2015

Pros: "Sport veersion retained hyd. assist power steering"

Cons: "Heater controls are mounted too low in the dash"

"After driving Subarus for decades, I had to change to another AWD. I refuse to own CVT types so Subaru was ruled out last purchase. Due to Location AWD is a prerequisite. The Fusion AWD is every bit as good as Subaru and has a 6-speed gear-type transmission. The wheel wells are sealed better than the subi to keep salt and corrosion away from other parts of the undercarriage. MPG is comparable as is performance."

Piece of junk

By on Friday, April 17, 2015

Pros: "Gets good gas mileage between 68-75mph"

Cons: "drive train is total junk - falling apart"

"The drivetrain is junk. It vibrates at all speeds. It's not my tires. I had them replaced with brand new Michelin tires and then took it back had them re-balanced TWICE. The CV joints get sloppy at around 35k miles and Ford refuses to replace under warranty. The car shakes and vibrates at all speeds from 35mph up to 100+mph. I'm not a big guy. Normal/athletic weight and 5'9" tall. I can't sit straight up in the seat without hitting my head on the roof!! You have to recline the seat back and drive lying down to avoid smacking your head on the roof all the time. I've had nothing but problems with this vehicle and I can say, with all certainty, that I will NEVER buy another Ford product again."

By on Thursday, April 02, 2015

Pros: "affordable, roomy, fun, daily traveler"

Cons: "cheap exterior plastic/paint job"

"Great car, sporty but useful and comfortable. So far, the only down fall I have seen is the exterior paint job is cheap. I had chips off paint within the first year. Overall the car has been a great investment. Drives/Rides well. Passenger and Back seats are comfortable as well. Amply leg room and trunk space. Spacious everyday car."

Reliable and strong after 70,000 miles.

By on Saturday, March 28, 2015

Pros: "Great handling, mileage, and quality."

Cons: "Firm ride."

"I was a bit nervous buying a hybrid, and my first Ford. I shouldn't have worried. After 70,000 miles, my decked-out Fusion has been exceptional. Not one problem, no signs of wear other than the stone chips from my highway driving. Gas mileage has been superb, low 40's in the summer and mid-to-upper thirties in the winter with snow tires. The handling is marvelous. Ride is a bit too firm with the original tires; I am trying Michelin Premiers as replacements; I hope they ride better without compromising the excellent handling."

Loved This Car!

By on Saturday, March 28, 2015

Pros: "All of the above."

Cons: "Really, none."

"I have had this car for 5 years and it has been a wonderful experience.I get great gas mileage, love the interior, and is super comfortable. I would recommend this car to anyone."

I Love My Fusion!

By on Saturday, March 14, 2015

Pros: "Reliable, attractive, good fuel economy"

Cons: "Not fun to drive if you like sportier cars"

"After my lemon of a Jetta died last year, I upgraded to an SEL '12 Fusion and never looked back. It is a little more expensive than some other cars in it's class, but I say it's worth it. You get a high quality car for your money. I have steel blue model - and it's sharp-looking. The interior is spacious and comfortable. It handles and drives well. I have only had it in the shop for oil changes. I only have two real gripes about this car. It drives great for normal highway and city travel, but I prefer a sportier car, and the 2.5L doesn't impress me in that sense. I didn't have many options at the time so I took what I could. The 3 and 3.5L engine models are harder to find (sadly). So I am looking to upgrade the engine. Secondly, the Sync system can be glitchy at times and is not the most responsive. For example, sometimes the Sync USB doesn't want to work/will change to the song I want but won't play it. Other than that, they are fantastic cars."

this has been a great car

By on Monday, March 09, 2015

Pros: "just all around good car"

"This car has been one of the most reliable car I have ever owned in a long time. The gas mileage is great for a six cylinder. I just love it."

Best car I ever bought

By on Tuesday, March 03, 2015

Pros: "price,performance, and reliability"

Cons: "Front door pockets"

"no repairs and inexpensive to buy and maintain. Considered an import but after research and a test drive I chose the Fusion S. Great rebates and a further discount from the dealer sealed the deal. No charge maintenance the first 2 years. Completely satisfied with the engine and tranny. Got 37 mpg at 70 mph. Sporty handling, great composure, and adequate power."

Not a great experience.

By on Monday, February 23, 2015

Pros: "Pretty fun to drive when it was acting nice."

Cons: "Bad front end, calipers, axle/CV, rear defroster."

"I test drove a Fusion and I loved it. I got mine (not the one I test drove as I didn't want a moon roof) and after 600 miles I had issues with a front end vibration issue. I was in and out of dealers more than I ever wanted. I opened a case with Ford corporate....there was no resolution. Finally, after looking into the issue myself, I found a front caliper had started to seize. It was replaced under warranty...and brakes were said to be replaced and rotors resurfaced. Brake pads were, rotors were not resurfaced. Rather than go back, I decided to get performance rotors and brake pads. When I went to remove rotors, I discovered why they were not resurfaced....they were welded to the spindle in both the front and back on one side. This issue was eventually resolved with a torch and a dead blow hammer. All this and more by the time I had 3,000 miles on the vehicle. I replaced an axle at a non-Ford facility since it was bad(Ford did not acknowledge the problem). Over time, I found that the CV joint was bad on the same axle/wheel that has had the majority of issues...and that was the last straw for the vehicle...which I am now trading in. Brakes and rotors have been replaced 4 times, with wear being extremely uneven. The side that had had the seized rotor always wearing out very fast(Ford still said no problem found). Tire wear has been extremely uneven as well. I have replaced the tires 5 times (4 summer sets, 1 winter set for 2 winters) all while rotating and aligning as listed in manual. Transmission has had some issues over time, with rough shifting starting at 20,000 miles and staying pretty constant. Yet still not very smooth with normal acceleration, but just fine when accelerating very rapidly. I am on my 4th Ford blower motor in the vehicle, as they start to squeal after about 5,000 miles of driving. (I just started to ignore it after the 4th one, too much money wasted replacing them). Also, Sync is terrible at many things. Voice recognition is bad and it does not recognize what I say. Also, it constantly tells me that songs from my media are unavailable, even after a Sync reset. One other constant repair has been the rear defroster, with 3 repair jobs required, one at the beginning of each winter. The only pro I have is that despite the terrible front end vibration, the vehicle is somewhat fun to drive. I imagine that had I not received a lemon of a vehicle, I would have driven this car into the ground over many more years."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Fusion near Honolulu. See local deals