2011 Ford Fusion

Based on 368 Ratings for the 2010 - 2012 models.

Great mileage and very comfortable!

By on Friday, August 26, 2011

Pros: "Comfort, mileage, good looks"

Cons: "Steering on the soft side, trunk on the Hybrid small for the car size"

"I purchased the 2010 Hybrid at a good discount because it was the last one on the lot, and have been driving it about 6 months. I love this car -- something I could never say about the Honda Civic I drove for 14 years. The seats are comfortable, the ride smooth and quiet and the mileage on the Hybrid much better than I could have hoped for. (I am averaging 43 mpg right now in the summer -- in the dead of winter it is about 33-35 mpg.) The Hybrid model came with all the bells and whistles on the dash, and I love having Bluetooth with voice control and the ability to play my phone's MP3 player in addition to the songs on my old Nano. I find driving it a pleasure -- very relaxing. Sure, it is not the car I'd like to taking zipping around picturesque curvy roads in the mountains -- but how often do I do that? This is my commuting car, and it is what I chill out in on the way home from work. I can't speak much to quality and maintenance since I haven't had the car long, but so far it has needed less repairs than my Honda did at this stage. The only reason I marked Value as 4 is I didn't buy this car at first because the Hybrid was so expensive -- it was only after I got the discount I took the plunge, and I am very happy I did!"

Long-time Japanese luxury car owner LOVES this car

By on Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Pros: "Delight to drive, quiet, large enough for big guys"

"After twenty years driving Lexus, Acura and Infiniti sports sedans, I was a bit hesitant to consider a Ford. The only Ford I'd owned was a 1967 Mustang I'd restored back in the 80's. After 2.5 years with this car, I have to say, I'm still absolutely delighted with it! Although a hybrid, its 0-60 times best the 1967 Camaro SS (plenty fast). Off the line, where it counts in city driving, the electric motor is phenomenal and easily launches the car well in front of the neighboring cars making merges a stress-free delight. Solid car, handles very well, and plenty of space (I'm 6'4"). The vehicle (mine's loaded) is as lovely inside as the my last car (Infiniti G35, which I very much enjoyed). It's also been utterly trouble free. Oh, and it's immensely quiet inside (a great car for music lovers). My actual MPG after 24k miles is similar to the EPA sticker (41 city / 36 highway) despite my very "spirited" driving. In a heavy stop-and-go slog, I regularly get in the mid 40s, long 70-80 mph drives I net 37 mpg. My overall MPG has been 38.3. Highly recommend it!"

Good vehicle

By on Thursday, September 27, 2012

Pros: "useful features, handles well"

Cons: "transmission isn't as smooth as most others"

"This 2011 Fusion is the SEL 4 cyl. w/roof and Sony upgrade. This is a lease car. I get something new every two years. Only reliability issues has been the upper control arm bushings on both sides wore out at 60,000. No other repairs, except for resurfacing the front rotors at 50,000. The standard Michelins lasted 55,000 miles. All trim and controls have held up well as have the leather seats. Synch system has not given me any issues except on occasion it will disengage from my i-phone and not restore without a re-synch. All other controls are intuitive and work without effort. A better satellite radio signal than in my wife's Toyota The car handles well, brakes well, runs smoothly (although the trans. will make a sudden lurch when cold occasionally) and I have averaged around 29mpg. The front pads have at least half their life still left on them. Except for the typical 4 cyl. lack of power, I have been pleased with the car."

A Great Car

By on Friday, October 07, 2011

Pros: "Lots of Bells"

Cons: "None that I know of."

"30,000 miles without a problem. Went from FL to VA and back with driving in between, and got over 46mpg. Love the SYNC System."

I love this car

By on Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Pros: "average 37.9 MPG, mostly highway driving"

Cons: "I don't use it very much"

"In short, I've owned this car for 2.5 years. It's had only one problem. During a driving rainstorm, the windshield wipers just stopped working. Stopped. End of story. Nothing would make them come on. I had to pull off the road and after shutting down the car and sitting there for 30 mins, re-starting the car magically got them working again. I've seen this issue posted somewhere, the dealer says they've never heard of this, and let me tell you, it's a serious problem. That issue aside, this car is nearly perfect. I love this car. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it. it's quiet. It's smooth. It handles wells. I'm not 20 anymore, so I don't want, nor do I care to drive a sports car. This car replaced a Mercedes. In fact prior to that Mercedes was a Mercedes, a BMW and a Saab. Fooey. I'll take this Ford over all of them. I'm of the age group where I was taught to shun American cars because they were of poor quality (I got my drivers license in the late 1980's). I give this car a glowing recommendation and two thumbs up. What would I change? add keyless start (I do not like the bulky car key), put a release switch at the trunk so I don't need a key, put the wiper switch on the right side of the steering column where it belongs, put a light in the glovebox. That's it."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Fusion near Honolulu. See local deals