2009 Ford Fusion

Based on 846 Ratings for the 2006 - 2009 models.

Love this car

By on Sunday, September 21, 2014

Pros: "Body styling, interior, easy to drive"

Cons: "This one had a heater core go bad (RARE)"

"Love the car, always have. Bought it brand new on the showroom floor. I may keep it and sell the new one I bought instead. I do NOT like the NEW Fusion body style at all. They ruined the aesthetics of the car. This original body style is by far the best, and it's the only reason I didn't buy a new Fusion when it hit 100k miles. Now it's got 125k on it and I got nervous so I bought another car, but I think I should just keep this one."

The worst car I have ever owned

By on Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Pros: "Nice interior, roomy"

Cons: "Engine problems, stereo problems,"

"Bought this car a few years ago to drive to work just a few miles away. I wanted to drive it to make sure it would be a good fit for my son who would be driving soon. I have had nothing but trouble with the engine and transmission since I bought it. I have put over $5000 worth of work into it and still having problems with it. I am trading it in on something else that is more dependable for my son. Will never buy another one!"

One of the best vehicle I have ever owned

By on Friday, August 29, 2014

Pros: "roomy"

Cons: "cup holder not in a good spot."

"Bought this car 8yrs ago for gas mileage reasons. After just a month we realized this was the best thing we did. It not only had good gas mileage, it was roomy. Most cars we looked at didn't have the leg room in the back seat. My son is 6ft 5in tall and he was comfortable sitting back there. when my sister was looking for a car for her family I had her look at mine and she bought one too. Both of ours are reliable I have 224,000 miles on it and it is still running strong."

Love my Fusion!

By on Saturday, August 09, 2014

"My Fusion is the first car I bought for myself and by myself. I love everything about it. It's comfortable, drives, steers, and parks easily. I've driven it for 5 years and only had to replace the battery and tires. It is very reliable, which is important to me as a single lady. I plan to drive it at least another 4 year. I wish it were a little more fuel efficient, but an average of 25 mph isn't bad for a combination of city and highway driving."

7 Years and still a proud Ford Fusion owner

By on Friday, July 18, 2014

Pros: "A Very Good and Solid Vehicle - No Regrets"

Cons: "Noisy, both engine and road noise"

Still Looking Great 7 Years Later

"I bought my Fusion SEL new in 2007, special order with 4 Cylinder and 5 speed transmission. I have 91,000 miles on it and had only two problems with it. The CD player would not eject the CD (fixed by cycling the power to the unit) and the on board computer had to be reprogrammed. Otherwise, this has been a super car. Engine noise and road noise are the two areas Ford could improve on, even the 2014 models are a bit noisy. The 5 speed works well with the 2.3 Liter engine. Very comfortable leather seats, lots of room, and nice styling are what initially attracted my attention to the Fusion."

Still Looking Great 7 Years Later

Never, ever, will I ever again own a Ford

By on Friday, July 11, 2014

Pros: "smooth ride when it runs"

Cons: "motor blew at 50k, transmission at 61k."

"I bought my Fusion new in 2008 and have had nothing but problems the entire time. When I first bought it, there were issues with the transmission. It would be sluggish to change gears and would jerk a little when shifting. I took it to many different mechanics who all said there was nothing wrong with it, all because the computer wasn't showing any codes. Then at 55,000 miles, 5,000 miles out of warranty, the engine blew. I received no help from Ford other than an offer to pay the $40 tow bill to the dealer to have a $5000 motor put back in because, oops you're out of luck there's no warranty now. Then 1 year later at 61,000 the transmission has failed in the car. So now, I have a very expensive lawn ornament I am still paying payments on. I'll try to find some positives with this car. Hmm, when it does drive it has a very smooth ride and the stereo is great. The gas mileage is not as good as everyone says it is. It's better than what you'll get with a v6 or v8 car, but compared to other 4 cylinders its not that impressive. So, to sum up. Never, ever, ever, ever again buying another Ford. I will walk or ride a horse first."

Perfect for anyone!

By on Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Pros: "Lots of room, Safe, Great Gas Mileage, Smooth Ride"

Cons: "2007- Interior Handles faulty (common issue)"

"I owned a brand new 2007 Ford Fusion 4 cylinder and had it until it had 42,000 miles. In July 2012 I got in an extremely terrible accident with a car that ran a red light and it was completely totalled. However, I found the airbags worked and I walked away with a sprained ankle and some minor airbag burns. In the 5 years I had the car I only had to replace the drivers side interior handle. I took it in for regular oil changes (every 3000-5000 miles) and replaced the tires right before the accident. I loved it! Enough room in the trunk to fit 2 maybe 3 bodies, my 6 ft friend could sit in the backseat without me having to move my seat forward, I got great gas mileage. When looking for a new car I opted for a 2009 Ford Fusion SE V6 with blue tooth capabilities, steering wheel radio control, and electronic mileage and gas gauge. Again, I love it! I found that the V6 has a much smoother ride and after 2 years still occasionally find my self accidentally speeding. I'm pushing 95,000 miles and haven't had to do anything but replace the tires. This is a great family vehicle (I have 3 girls under 7 years old) and great gas mileage (with a 90 mile commute total daily). I would recommend, and I have recommended, to anyone!"

Ford Fusion

By on Monday, June 30, 2014

"Fast car. Mileage is currently over 34mpg via country roads, small highways. Paint is defective, very strange pattern only on the driver's side door. Ford would not compensate me for this defect."

In many ways this has been a great car

By on Monday, June 30, 2014

Pros: "Excellent value"

Cons: "Wish the gear selection indicator was also on dash"

"Driver's seat is exceptionally comfortable for me. Sport tuned suspension makes it more fun to drive than most vehicles. Power train, steering and suspension are excellent. Body is average quality but this car has been extremely reliable and a joy to drive."

Buying another

By on Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Pros: "Great car"

Cons: "No cancel on the cruise (I had to put something)"

"Mine was totaled. I'm buying another."

Superior Quality

By on Monday, June 16, 2014

Pros: "Sporty, Good quality and workmanship"

Cons: "The 4 cyl is a bit underpowered."

"The car is solid at 120,000 miles and 7 years of age. Original shocks and struts holding up well. No unusual tire wear. Other than oil changes and coolant flush, little unplanned maintenance. Replaced battery at 5 years and 104,000 miles. Bad thermostat triggered check engine light at 112,000 miles, but no adverse drivability or cooling issues. The car is like a little tank. Doors close with a solid thunk. No wind noise at 70 mph. 4 cylinder engine could be quieter, produces steady drone at interstate cruising speeds. Suspension is European in stiffness and handling. This car performs better at 120,000 miles, than new cars did 20 years ago."

No problems in 8 yrs

By on Saturday, May 31, 2014

Pros: "Reliable car"

Cons: "Multi cd player can't take burned CDs"

"I purchased this car brand new and have yet to do ANY work on it. It runs smooth and I love it!"

Very reliable.

By on Thursday, May 29, 2014

Pros: "Good looking car; great paint job; great engine"

Cons: "MPG drops from ave of 29 on road to 26 in town"

Nice sporting looking car isn't it.

"Milage is over-the-road, work related. Drive is very smooth; good pick-up & responce when needed. Average 27-31 MPG on the road; 25-27 MPG in town. Never a mechanical difficulty. Oil changed every 3-5,000 miles. Blue tooth capabilities is great. Quality scored only 9/10 as front window was repaired due to road damage from stones."

Nice sporting looking car isn't it.

love this car!!

By on Monday, May 26, 2014

Pros: "great price, fun to drive and dependable"

Cons: "nothing!"

this winter/spring here in Michigan 2014

"After my hubbys 2000 s10 died on him we went looking for a new vehicle. On our way to the imlay city ford dealership they have a side lot that they keep a few cars on to get your attention. We stopped and saw this beauty. A red 2008 fusion se. Test drove it and I told my hubby I was in love and we had to take it home. Had it for almost 3years and I don't regret my decision to get this car. The only work we have had to do is this year. New tires new brakes and bail joint and struts thats it and general maintenance since the car had original struts and bail joints. If you are looking for a good used car and a family one at that, then get this car you will love it. Drives great, looks sharp and has lots of room and cup holders:)"

this winter/spring here in Michigan 2014

By on Monday, May 26, 2014

Pros: "great price, great gas mileage"

"I love my 2007 Ford Fusion. This car is perfect for us being a family of 3. We do travel a lot from San Antonio to Houston and we have never experienced any problems with the car. The only thing we have had to replace were the door handles on both doors. Also the A/C and Heater has given us a few problems as far as going in and out. Other than those 2 minor details, this car had been great!"

build solid peppy acceleration good comfort

By on Thursday, May 22, 2014

"nice ride smooth yet responsive; room for 5; dependable; handles well in all weather conditions."

Excellent, Trouble Free Nice Driving Car

By on Saturday, May 10, 2014

"Trouble free, Economical to Drive, Attractive AWD vehicle."

good value car

By on Wednesday, May 07, 2014

"Excellent highway cruiser attractive design well equipped very reliable."

Great car

By on Sunday, May 04, 2014

Pros: "Comfort, handling, looks, ride"

Cons: "Gas mileage (AWD), 2 defects listed here"

"I bought this 2007 Ford Fusion SEL AWD with 42,000 miles from dealer for $17k in 2010. Overall has been very reliable. Handles great, a VERY comfortable interior for a midsize car. Headroom is lacking for big guys. Experienced 2 "defects": the 3 piece drive train (replaced at 100k w/ 2 piece) & cylinder 2 coil was faulty at 70k. Family members replaced both so saved me several hundred $. Overall I have been very pleased with this car. I avg 21.5 mpg."

Love this car! Next car will be a newer Fusion

By on Saturday, May 03, 2014

Pros: "Price is right, great to drive."

Cons: "Clear coat peeling on hood"

"Loved this car from the first test drive. Handles well comfortable. Siriusxm a plus, CD player, Bluetooth, and of course AM & FM radio. Handles well in rain, snow and windy weather."

Love the 6 speed

By on Sunday, April 27, 2014

"Leather, moon roof, premium wheels, 6 speed. I love this car"

Luv it!

By on Friday, April 25, 2014

Pros: "comfort, reliability,looks"

"Bought this used with 20,000 miles on it. Now at 98,000 and still drives like it is brand new! I was a devout Toyota fan and thought nothing could beat em till I this car! Ford hit it out of the park with the Fusion! I have not had one issue or repair yet! Hoping to see another 98,000 trouble free miles. It is so comfortable with plenty of get up and go, looks great too. Get a fusion, you'll love it! I get about 26-28 mpg all around driving."

Cons: "wish they made it in convertable"

"I have owned a lot of cars in my driving time, I'm 58. Other than normal maintanance, oil, brakes, tires, this car is & has been maintanance free, Never been back to the dealer for anything. Only use Mobil 1 oil, if that has anything to do with the performance of the car, it's worth every penny. 22 mpg combined driving, 26 & better on the road & this car is full time AWD."

Cons: "wish they made it in convertable"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Fusion near Honolulu. See local deals