2008 Ford Fusion

Based on 873 Ratings for the 2006 - 2009 models.

Black 2006 SEL I4 Automatic

By on Sunday, July 12, 2009

"Got zero % financing on my 06 SEL. I use as daily commuter, 70 miles per day. 62k miles so far. Black on Black w/leather. No spoiler or moonroof. Pros - Great overall gas mileage, 27 mpg, 29 highway at 75-80 mph no BS. Car has performed perfectly, handles well and has plenty of power for commuting. No mechanical issues to date. 6 Disc Audiofile stereo plays MP-3 discs and sounds great. AC & Heat are good. Heated mirrors work well in ice conditions. Handles well at higher speeds. Great trunk space. Interior is comfortable for passengers. 2006-2009 styling is better than 2010 IMHO Excellent build quality. Cons - Re-sale value is terrible, paid $23k and is now worth $9k. BUT you can get a great deal on a used one. My loss is your gain. Steering radius not sufficient for easy manuevers. The I4/Auto tranny config leaves a little to be desired when carrying three passengers up long hills. The L-D tranny selector leaves you powerless to control torque in these situations as auto/downshifting is too frequent. Manual 5 speed would alleviate this problem. The Black exterior is is challenging to keep clean and the paint scratches easily. It looks great when cleaned and polished but hard to keep that way. All in all a very good performing car that has served me well. I fully expect to get over 100k miles out of it before I give it to my daughter as her first car. If you keep your eyes open you can get great financing but be prepared for a quick dropoff on re-sale/trade in value. FYI- These are "American" cars built in Mexico."

2006 fusion sel 4 cyl

By on Thursday, March 13, 2008

"I have had this car for about 6 months now, I bought it used from a dealer. It is a super sharp looking car, and does drive nice. HOWEVER, It didn't even cross my mind as to check and see if it had TRACTION CONTROL OR ANTI LOCK BRAKES, as ALL of my last 5 cars have all had these. I can't believe FORD DID NOT make those standard on this car. I am telling you, DO NOT buy this car without it. It drives great, but I have almost gotten into SEVERAL ACCIDENTS because the cars brakes just lock and the car slides on wet pavement like it was ice, also slips on leaf covered streets as well. Love the car, but don't feel safe in the rain, snow or debris. SPEND THE MONEY AND GET ABS AND TC."

Ford sets the new benchmark

By on Wednesday, July 01, 2009

"Bought the 3.0 se v6 brandnew. My wife really wanted it, but I was verry skeptical with it being a ford. HOWEVER within 2 weeks of ownership I was won over. The car now has 52,000 miles and it is like it's still new. The 3.o litter has alot of omph, I did put in a K&N filter and a Jet performance mass airflow sensor in it which gave me 28-30 mpg on my daily commute of 80 mile roundtrip daily. The parts also gave alot more throttle response, and a mean engine growl at w.o.t. The next car will be a 2011 Fusion sport awd. If you are thinking about a fusion BUY IT! You should even compare it with euro cars, you'll be shoked how it stacks up against a BMW 325i."

Beats a Camry

By on Friday, January 09, 2009

"I rent cars at airports traveling most every week and my Fusion beats a Camry in comfort, styling, and handling. Have V-6 with leather interior and satellite radio. Seats are extremely comfortable. Car is peppy and handles well with moderate steering force and feedback. Has 6-speed automatic and averages 24 MPG in mixed freeway and city driving. Will easily get 30MPG in all highway at 70MPH. Get the leather, get the V-6, and get the satellite radio -- all great. No problems with this car. Can't beat it for $20 grand. No problems with quality at all! Only downside -- no traction control, no stability control, no compass, no outside temp gage."

Great Value

By on Friday, March 20, 2009

"I've been driving Honda, Toyota for many years. Since Ford's quality has improved substantially, I decided to seriously look at and drive the 09 Fusion. I was very impressed and bought the SEL with a V6 and 6-speed auto., 18" wheels, Sport Tuned Suspension, and an Audiophile Sound System and SYNC. After driving this car for seven weeks, I believe this is a very nice car and a great value! The engine has a soft healthy growl, and is a nice compromise between performance and getting decent MPG. I have been averaging 22. The 6-speed auto is excellent and it's smooth as silk. The Fusion feels very solid and the steering is very responsive. The stereo sounds excellent when playing the 6-CD player, or IPOD (stored and USB connection in center consule), or Satelite Radio. SYNC makes it all easy including phone calls. The driver's seat is very comfortable even after a 9 hour trip up the coast. I find myself looking for reasons to get in my Fusion and go places. It's fun to drive and I would recommend driving one."

most reliable car from Ford..EVER!!

By on Sunday, November 02, 2008

"I purchased a 2006 Fusion SE (4cyl) for my wife about 4 months ago. We did our homework prior to buying this car. We were looking for a Camry or Accord, and this car was considered to be as reliable and econonmical. Well, the reviews weren't wrong. There's a very good reason that this car was Motor Trend's Top Pick for 2006, this car is awesome!!! The gas mileage is Phenominal for a mid sized car. we live in Arkansas with rolling hills, and this car still averages 27 mpg all day long. I have gotten as much as 38 mpg on the highway going to Little Rock. Car handles better than I expected. Very nice body lines. Steering wheel controls are great, what you'd expect on a higher end model of vegicle. the 4 cylinder's engine does have a little more noise than usual, however the sacrifice for the mileage is well worth it. The car is quiet at highway speeds, only gets a little noisy under moderate acceleration, which by the way is suprisingly respomsive for a 4 cylinder. Will probably consider the V6 next time only for a slight improvement on refinement. I WILL buy another Fusion in the future. If you like Camry's and Accords, and have come to rely on there expectation for reliability, performance and value, you owe it to yourself to test drive one of these cars for a day or two, you'll be sold!! we did have a slight problem about 2 months after ownership (25K miles..we bought ours used) with the ignition key not wanting to come out. Ford fixed in about 3 hrs and was covered under warranty and recall. TSB switch. (you can get the key out by disconnecting the negative battery cable if your in a crunch between getting Ford to fix) Thanks for reading our review."

GREAT CAR!

By on Thursday, February 07, 2013

Pros: "Gas milage - sound system - rommy"

Cons: "Dash quality"

"I've owned the car for 2 years now. It had 128K miles when I bought it and now has over 147K!! In the time I've had it I have only done routine maintenance, which includes fluid changes regularly. The only major thing I've had to do was replacing the thermostat (30$). Given the mileage I was expecting more but no...It is a FORD!!! This has been the most reliable car I've ever owned. Mine has the 4 cylinder with manual transmission (very smooth) which I would not recommend for someone who wants a lot of power, but I averaged about 32 miles per gallon over the time I've owned it. Overall, it has been a great great car!"

I SELL THESE THINGS AND I BOUGHT ONE!

By on Thursday, August 16, 2007

"I AM LICENSED IN THE STATE OF TENNESSEE AS A MOTOR VEHICLE COMISSION SALESMAN. I AM ALSO FORD CERTIFED WORKING ON MY MASTER CERTIFICATION. AND I SELL THESE FORD FUSIONS AND OTHER NEW FORD PRODUCTS FOR FORD MOTOR COMPANY. I JUST BOUGHT ONE AND SO FAR I LIKE IT PRETTY WELL. IT IS COMFORTABLE, THE SEATS ARE VERY NICE, THE INTERIOR IS LAID OUT VERY NICELY ESPECIALLY THE SEL MODEL. AND IT HANDLES EXTREMLY WELL!! FORD DID A GREAT JOB WITH THE BRAKE SYSTEM AND SUSPENSION! THE ONLY CON IS THE LAG OR HESITATION. WHEN YOU "STEP ON IT" THE 5 SPEED AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION TAKES IT TIME DROPPING INTO A LOWER GEAR, AND I HAVE DRIVEN THE 6 CYLINDER WITH THE 6 SPEED AND IT IS THE SAME WAY. I WENT WITH THE INLINE 4 CYL FOR BETTER FUEL ECONOMY BUT I HAVE AVERAGE LOW TWENTIES IN THE CITY 21-22 MPG...NOT TOO IMPRESSED WITH THE CITY GAS MILEAGE. OVERALL IT IS A MUCH BETTER BUY THAN THE ACCORD, CAMRY OR ALTIMA....ITS BETTER LOOKING, OUT PERFORMS AND YOU GET MORE CAR FOR YOUR MONEY!!!"

Best car we've ever owned

By on Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Pros: "GREAT price, even base engine is fun to drive, comfy, plenty of space"

Cons: "Almost none (LATCH points for car seats not in standard place)...that's about it."

"We purchased the 2008 Fusion to 'get out' of a 1997 Ford Taurus - the infamous 'fish' car. The local dealer offered a 2008 Fusion SE with 25K miles, and quite a few extras (including the original warranty) for $12K flat; it was a previous 'program' car for a pharmaceutical firm. Since then we have put 30K miles on the car, and it has never given us any reason to regret it. We have only had two problems since purchase - a failed backup sensor (which I've NEVER had on any car so no biggie) and a messed-up battery terminal connector. Both were dirt cheap to replace. Other than the above, we are completely pleased. It is very comfortable in long drives, has more than enough HP for day to day driving, quite torquey for an I-4, and I actually get BETTER gas mileage than the sticker. (It advertises 28MPG highway...we've actually gotten 30.3 MPG.) For a 'compact' car it has a ton of room - I'm actually able to fit more in the trunk than I was able to fit in our '97 Taurus. Its reliability record doesn't hurt either. If you're on the fence about this car - don't be. A solid investment."

Excellent Car For The Money

By on Thursday, June 11, 2009

"This is our 3rd Fusion SEL (2009) - one each year and my 20th Ford from the same dealer. The car has why to many "Bells & Whisles" for me but they all were in the price and with the V-6 just in town with stop & go Traffic which is rough on gas milage I still average 19-20 MPG on a 27-29 Miles per hour. When we go to Reno (295) away and I put it on cruse control at 75 MPH I get on a round trip 29 MPG. The ride is great, do have rode noise but it's a $25,000 car and not a $40-50,000 one. Handles great and will be ready for the 2010 in a few months once the bugs are out of them. Plus my salesman with who I've been dealing with for the past 20 years is retireing in December so I need to got just one more from him as it will be our last one also at our age. Ford has a winner here and am glad to see that they put the bigger V-6 in the 2010 models. I wil admit that the resale is in the dump but it probably is on most new cars in todays economy. I hope this helps if interested in a Fusion !!!!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Fusion near Honolulu. See local deals