2008 Ford Fusion

Based on 873 Ratings for the 2006 - 2009 models.

Black 2006 SEL I4 Automatic

By on Sunday, July 12, 2009

"Got zero % financing on my 06 SEL. I use as daily commuter, 70 miles per day. 62k miles so far. Black on Black w/leather. No spoiler or moonroof. Pros - Great overall gas mileage, 27 mpg, 29 highway at 75-80 mph no BS. Car has performed perfectly, handles well and has plenty of power for commuting. No mechanical issues to date. 6 Disc Audiofile stereo plays MP-3 discs and sounds great. AC & Heat are good. Heated mirrors work well in ice conditions. Handles well at higher speeds. Great trunk space. Interior is comfortable for passengers. 2006-2009 styling is better than 2010 IMHO Excellent build quality. Cons - Re-sale value is terrible, paid $23k and is now worth $9k. BUT you can get a great deal on a used one. My loss is your gain. Steering radius not sufficient for easy manuevers. The I4/Auto tranny config leaves a little to be desired when carrying three passengers up long hills. The L-D tranny selector leaves you powerless to control torque in these situations as auto/downshifting is too frequent. Manual 5 speed would alleviate this problem. The Black exterior is is challenging to keep clean and the paint scratches easily. It looks great when cleaned and polished but hard to keep that way. All in all a very good performing car that has served me well. I fully expect to get over 100k miles out of it before I give it to my daughter as her first car. If you keep your eyes open you can get great financing but be prepared for a quick dropoff on re-sale/trade in value. FYI- These are "American" cars built in Mexico."

2006 fusion sel 4 cyl

By on Thursday, March 13, 2008

"I have had this car for about 6 months now, I bought it used from a dealer. It is a super sharp looking car, and does drive nice. HOWEVER, It didn't even cross my mind as to check and see if it had TRACTION CONTROL OR ANTI LOCK BRAKES, as ALL of my last 5 cars have all had these. I can't believe FORD DID NOT make those standard on this car. I am telling you, DO NOT buy this car without it. It drives great, but I have almost gotten into SEVERAL ACCIDENTS because the cars brakes just lock and the car slides on wet pavement like it was ice, also slips on leaf covered streets as well. Love the car, but don't feel safe in the rain, snow or debris. SPEND THE MONEY AND GET ABS AND TC."

Ford sets the new benchmark

By on Wednesday, July 01, 2009

"Bought the 3.0 se v6 brandnew. My wife really wanted it, but I was verry skeptical with it being a ford. HOWEVER within 2 weeks of ownership I was won over. The car now has 52,000 miles and it is like it's still new. The 3.o litter has alot of omph, I did put in a K&N filter and a Jet performance mass airflow sensor in it which gave me 28-30 mpg on my daily commute of 80 mile roundtrip daily. The parts also gave alot more throttle response, and a mean engine growl at w.o.t. The next car will be a 2011 Fusion sport awd. If you are thinking about a fusion BUY IT! You should even compare it with euro cars, you'll be shoked how it stacks up against a BMW 325i."

Beats a Camry

By on Friday, January 09, 2009

"I rent cars at airports traveling most every week and my Fusion beats a Camry in comfort, styling, and handling. Have V-6 with leather interior and satellite radio. Seats are extremely comfortable. Car is peppy and handles well with moderate steering force and feedback. Has 6-speed automatic and averages 24 MPG in mixed freeway and city driving. Will easily get 30MPG in all highway at 70MPH. Get the leather, get the V-6, and get the satellite radio -- all great. No problems with this car. Can't beat it for $20 grand. No problems with quality at all! Only downside -- no traction control, no stability control, no compass, no outside temp gage."

Great Value

By on Friday, March 20, 2009

"I've been driving Honda, Toyota for many years. Since Ford's quality has improved substantially, I decided to seriously look at and drive the 09 Fusion. I was very impressed and bought the SEL with a V6 and 6-speed auto., 18" wheels, Sport Tuned Suspension, and an Audiophile Sound System and SYNC. After driving this car for seven weeks, I believe this is a very nice car and a great value! The engine has a soft healthy growl, and is a nice compromise between performance and getting decent MPG. I have been averaging 22. The 6-speed auto is excellent and it's smooth as silk. The Fusion feels very solid and the steering is very responsive. The stereo sounds excellent when playing the 6-CD player, or IPOD (stored and USB connection in center consule), or Satelite Radio. SYNC makes it all easy including phone calls. The driver's seat is very comfortable even after a 9 hour trip up the coast. I find myself looking for reasons to get in my Fusion and go places. It's fun to drive and I would recommend driving one."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Fusion near Honolulu. See local deals