2006 Ford Fusion

Based on 880 Ratings for the 2006 - 2009 models.

GREAT CAR!

By on Thursday, February 07, 2013

Pros: "Gas milage - sound system - rommy"

Cons: "Dash quality"

"I've owned the car for 2 years now. It had 128K miles when I bought it and now has over 147K!! In the time I've had it I have only done routine maintenance, which includes fluid changes regularly. The only major thing I've had to do was replacing the thermostat (30$). Given the mileage I was expecting more but no...It is a FORD!!! This has been the most reliable car I've ever owned. Mine has the 4 cylinder with manual transmission (very smooth) which I would not recommend for someone who wants a lot of power, but I averaged about 32 miles per gallon over the time I've owned it. Overall, it has been a great great car!"

I SELL THESE THINGS AND I BOUGHT ONE!

By on Thursday, August 16, 2007

"I AM LICENSED IN THE STATE OF TENNESSEE AS A MOTOR VEHICLE COMISSION SALESMAN. I AM ALSO FORD CERTIFED WORKING ON MY MASTER CERTIFICATION. AND I SELL THESE FORD FUSIONS AND OTHER NEW FORD PRODUCTS FOR FORD MOTOR COMPANY. I JUST BOUGHT ONE AND SO FAR I LIKE IT PRETTY WELL. IT IS COMFORTABLE, THE SEATS ARE VERY NICE, THE INTERIOR IS LAID OUT VERY NICELY ESPECIALLY THE SEL MODEL. AND IT HANDLES EXTREMLY WELL!! FORD DID A GREAT JOB WITH THE BRAKE SYSTEM AND SUSPENSION! THE ONLY CON IS THE LAG OR HESITATION. WHEN YOU "STEP ON IT" THE 5 SPEED AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION TAKES IT TIME DROPPING INTO A LOWER GEAR, AND I HAVE DRIVEN THE 6 CYLINDER WITH THE 6 SPEED AND IT IS THE SAME WAY. I WENT WITH THE INLINE 4 CYL FOR BETTER FUEL ECONOMY BUT I HAVE AVERAGE LOW TWENTIES IN THE CITY 21-22 MPG...NOT TOO IMPRESSED WITH THE CITY GAS MILEAGE. OVERALL IT IS A MUCH BETTER BUY THAN THE ACCORD, CAMRY OR ALTIMA....ITS BETTER LOOKING, OUT PERFORMS AND YOU GET MORE CAR FOR YOUR MONEY!!!"

Excellent car in this class.

By on Thursday, October 18, 2012

Pros: "Good value. Holds the road real good. Good MPG."

Cons: "Engine noise under acceleration."

"Extremely satisfied with this car. Good mileage in the city, very good mpg on the highway (especially if due to traffic you have to stay around 65 mph). I'm tall, but head and legroom is totally OK. Seats are comfortable on long trips. The only, and I mean the only, negative point is the engine noise under acceleration. Once you are at cruising speed the car is nicely quiet. I don't drive as much as I used to, so I plan on keeping this vehicle for another four years."

Best car we've ever owned

By on Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Pros: "GREAT price, even base engine is fun to drive, comfy, plenty of space"

Cons: "Almost none (LATCH points for car seats not in standard place)...that's about it."

"We purchased the 2008 Fusion to 'get out' of a 1997 Ford Taurus - the infamous 'fish' car. The local dealer offered a 2008 Fusion SE with 25K miles, and quite a few extras (including the original warranty) for $12K flat; it was a previous 'program' car for a pharmaceutical firm. Since then we have put 30K miles on the car, and it has never given us any reason to regret it. We have only had two problems since purchase - a failed backup sensor (which I've NEVER had on any car so no biggie) and a messed-up battery terminal connector. Both were dirt cheap to replace. Other than the above, we are completely pleased. It is very comfortable in long drives, has more than enough HP for day to day driving, quite torquey for an I-4, and I actually get BETTER gas mileage than the sticker. (It advertises 28MPG highway...we've actually gotten 30.3 MPG.) For a 'compact' car it has a ton of room - I'm actually able to fit more in the trunk than I was able to fit in our '97 Taurus. Its reliability record doesn't hurt either. If you're on the fence about this car - don't be. A solid investment."

Excellent Car For The Money

By on Thursday, June 11, 2009

"This is our 3rd Fusion SEL (2009) - one each year and my 20th Ford from the same dealer. The car has why to many "Bells & Whisles" for me but they all were in the price and with the V-6 just in town with stop & go Traffic which is rough on gas milage I still average 19-20 MPG on a 27-29 Miles per hour. When we go to Reno (295) away and I put it on cruse control at 75 MPH I get on a round trip 29 MPG. The ride is great, do have rode noise but it's a $25,000 car and not a $40-50,000 one. Handles great and will be ready for the 2010 in a few months once the bugs are out of them. Plus my salesman with who I've been dealing with for the past 20 years is retireing in December so I need to got just one more from him as it will be our last one also at our age. Ford has a winner here and am glad to see that they put the bigger V-6 in the 2010 models. I wil admit that the resale is in the dump but it probably is on most new cars in todays economy. I hope this helps if interested in a Fusion !!!!"

Good Car

By on Wednesday, May 28, 2008

"I bought the 4cyl manual SEL and I could not be happier. I get over 30MPG and it seams to get better with age. My last trip I got 35MPG for 300miles. I double checked it when I filled up. I ave. about 28-29MPG going to work a mix of city and HWY miles. I now have 26,000 mile and I have only had to change the oil and put gas in it. I plan on keeping this car for a while. After this car I would buy another Ford."

good reliable car

By on Friday, July 17, 2015

Pros: "good ride , good on gas even the v-6"

Cons: "just the water leak"

"has been a very good car , the only issue started this while on vacation in florid , the A/C stopped draining properly and the floor on the passenger side front and back was soaked , came home and found the leak , just don't know what to do to stop it , cleaned the drain tube and it seems to be working as it should"

Great value, excellent mpg, fun to drive, sporty

By on Saturday, August 04, 2012

Pros: "Ambient light, roomy interior,awesome sound system"

Cons: "no stability control"

"My car was purchased used on December 21,2011 with 27,110 miles on it. Previous owner took extremely good care of it. It has all the optional equipment except leather and Sports Appearence Package. I researched what the Fusion will return for gas mileage prior to owning it. It has the Duratec 2.3 Litre engine. I have recorded the passed seventeen fill ups, driving specifically for gas mileage and it has achieved a 31 mpg city/highway average. The Ford Fusion SE is equipped very well with stardard equipment. But if you like Microsoft Sync, 8 speaker Audiophile 6 disc changer mp3 player with amplifier, ambient lighting, reverse back up sensors, power moonroof, day/night rear view mirror, and rear deck spoiler then get it loaded. You won't be disappointed!"

LoveMyFordFusion

By on Tuesday, June 16, 2009

"I got this car in a hurry in the dead of a winter ice storm without expecting much but I needed one as my own car had been stolen. What a surprise I got with this Ford Fusion. It is delightful and comfortful to drive. The milage is amazing for an American car (over 30 on highway; between 23 and 27 in city depending on MY driving.) Nothing has gone wrong; all I do is get oil changed. The pick up on the highway is more than adequate for speedy passing. Seats are a miracle light beige fabric that can be cleaned with plain water (and it really works as I had muddy dog foot prints to test it.) Oh yes, the electric movement of the drivers seat also has a adjustable lumbar support. Great for long trips for position change. My adult sons love to have an excuse to drive it on errands or to escort me somewhere."

Great vehicle

By on Friday, January 09, 2009

"I have had no issues with this car and it performs beautifully. Comfortable to drive, smooth and good gas mileage. I would definitely buy again."

Fantastic Value

By on Monday, August 06, 2007

"I can't say enough good things about this car! The 2.3 liter 4 cylinder engine has plenty of pep and the mpg is fantastic. The handling and ride comfort are superb. The ONLY complaint I have is that the view out the rear window isn't the best, but if you get your side mirrors adjusted properly it isn't too bad."

Purchased the car new and have no plans to sell it

By on Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Pros: "Nice Looking and very few problems in 6 years"

Cons: "some issues with the electronics.."

"This vehicle is my wife's car, however, we use it for our better car like for trips and on the weekend to go places around town since my personal vehicle is a 2013 Ford Fiesta Hatchback SES model. Just put new tires on the Fusiion. Never had any major problems in the 6 years we've had it. The car currently looks and drives like new. I take extra care of the exterior and make sure the mechanical part is kept up-to-date, like oil changes, tire rotations, etc, etc."

Great, Reliable vehicle

By on Friday, August 17, 2012

Pros: "price, reliabilty, mpg, comfort"

Cons: "Interior has some cheap parts"

"I've owned the car for 3 years. It had 59K miles when I bought it and now has 143K. I purchased it to use it for work since I was doing a lot of traveling and needed something with good gas mileage and reliability. In the time I've had it I have only done routine maintenance, which includes fluid changes regularly, a new accesory drive belt, brakes, battery, and wheel bearing. I recently had to replace the AC condensor, which was the only major thing I've had to do. Given the mileage I wasn't that upset about it. This has been the most reliable car I've ever owned, which include some higher level brands. It has the 4 cylinder which is not what I would recommend for someone who wants a lot of power, but I averaged about 29 miles per gallon over the time I've owned it. Overall, it has been a great car."

no problems so far

By on Thursday, June 18, 2009

"had ours since 2006 not one trip to the shop.would recommend v6 if you get one.thinking about getting 2010 model"

European handling, Japanese reliability

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2008

"I'have had the car for more than a year now. My wife and me love this car, we live in the appalache Mountains and despite the lots of snowstorms we had this winter, we always felt safe. Good balance betwen confort/handling. Get 23 mpg for 6000 miles all the winter time 1/3 highway,2/3 city. In 30 years it's only my second brand new american car, and with this quality, Ford is going to keep me for the long run."

By on Wednesday, December 26, 2007

"I was hit from behind at 50 miles per hour and I was at a dead stop! The bumper had to be replaced, but other than that, she held up incredibly well!! I now know how safe she is!!"

Sport meets Size

By on Thursday, August 30, 2007

"This vehicle has a lot of pop to it. It can quickly accelerate to get you around traffic with no sweat. It finds gears with ease and the 6th gear definitely comes in handy. It has a sleek/stylish contour to it to match its power. it's bigger than the Mazda 6 but seems to have the same power. The interior is nice with lot of options to make driving easy. The optional stereo controls on the steering wheel is a great addition. You can literally cycle through your favorite stations on the dial or go through your CD's without ever taking your hands off of the wheel. This is a great car no matter what your age. the sport and style have the power to match. And the gas mileage is a huge plus as well. 21 in the city and close to 29 on the highway will really make you feel better at the pump. Honestly, this is a great car to own and drive. Test one out and you'll see why i love mine."

Husband vs. Ford

By on Tuesday, July 17, 2007

"I have a problem... The man I married - let's call him my "husband", is jealous in a bad way. Although, I can't really blame him. I've recently been spending more & more time with Ford. Just between us - I think I'm in love with Ford. Ford has a magnetic heat which melts me and I am powerless to resist. It's undeniable fushion. On a lighter note, I love my car! Good mpg, lots of bonus features for the value, super comfortable luxury for the working class, great handling, very powerful - the V6 responds immediately, has unique style, and unbeatable dependability. Every day somebody compliments the car and wants to know more about it. I'm an official Fusion lover! But I'm keeping the husband - he's obviously a smart man. He bought the Fusion for me, after all! :) For what it's worth, from one anonymous surfer to another, buy the car. Your second thoughts and comparison shopping will vanish the minute you drive off the lot."

fun car

By on Sunday, July 12, 2009

"with the all wheel drive its great in the snow my only down side is the 17" wheels the tires that come stock on the car are not available had to special order one when the wife cut a sidewall took 2 days at the cost of 275.00 installed"

Great Reliablity

By on Monday, June 29, 2009

"I've owned American all my life I can honestly say Ford has built not only a car that catches the eye but also is a reliable performer. We have not had one repair or issue from the get go and feel Ford is now a true competitor to Honda and the others."

ford has turned the corner

By on Tuesday, June 09, 2009

"I have owned many Fords in my lifetime and I must say that my Fusion is quite possibly the best car I have ever owned. I had tried a Honda between Fords, and traded it off for my Fusion in less than two years. I did not make a mistake by going back to Ford!!!!I recommend this car to anyone from young to old. The comfort is outstanding, it is easy to drive, it has been very reliable and looks fantastic!!!!!! Ford really stepped it up on this one!"

Has trouble after a few miles

By on Tuesday, March 03, 2009

"My Ford Fusion was great until I had 50000 miles on it. The struts started making very loud squeaking noises. I took it to the dealer and after 4 hours in the shop, was told that even though they could hear the noise, they couldn't locate the problem......it could be a tyerod damaged. They suggested to drive it, as long as I could tolerate the noise, until something else went wrong......then maybe they could fix it. Of couse, by that time the entire warranty will be out! My car isn't even two years old yet and looks like it will be spending a lot of time in the shop! I sure wouldn't have thought that of a new Ford vehicle!"

Solid preformer

By on Monday, February 09, 2009

"I really enjoy driving this car, wish the turning radius was a bit less though. Overall I have been very pleased with the prurchase, especially since it is an american car."

dont own one yet...too bad!!!

By on Friday, December 19, 2008

"Have it for 2 1/2 years so far, and the only thing i'm upset about is that I didn't wait for the awd unit in 2007. With V-6 the under the hood, the car's has great performance overall, and great styling as well and handles like it's on rails with the avon tires. I did not care for the factory Michelin tires, so at 0 miles I changed tires to avon's which lasted 30k. Car now has 46k and its time for my factory pads to be replaced. Not a single warranty problem which will last me till I hit 100k. Do all the rotates and oil changes myself without any issues. Because i love the car so much, don't buy these cars so i can be the only one in town with one!....Ford's best kept secret!!!"

I Was Shocked!!

By on Monday, November 19, 2007

"OK, I haven't owned a Ford product since I was 19. I am 55 and bought my 2006 Fusion V6 SEL mainly as a 2nd car for my wife to drive to work. It was a Leased Vehicle and I wasn't that impressed at first since I drove a 4cyl test drive. I didn't even test drive the V6 model. I figured since my wife was going to be driving it she should. I was a devoted GM products man, but now....I'm seriously thinking of trading in my other car (Pont Grand Am) for another Fusion. I can't stay out of the drivers seat. The ride is quick, and quiet. I love the way it handles and if you thought like I did that Ford can't build a great car, you'd be wrong about this model. The V6 has Scat!! You'll be doing 90 miles an hour and not know it. I test drove the 2007 V6 Malibu, and the ride didn't compare in my book! The Camry was too expensive and yet the Fusion is every bit comparable to it. Actually it is better with all the options offered in the SEL. I was totally and pleasantly shocked!!!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Fusion near Honolulu. See local deals