• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2014 Ford Fusion Energi Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $33,851 - $34,944.

10/7.9

9.5

Based on 13 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

9.7/10
Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

Just hit 10,000 miles - time for a review

By on Sunday, August 17, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable, Price (with incentives), Stereo Sound"

Cons: "Navigation, Rims, Trunk Space"

"I leased this car 9 months ago and recently went over 10,000 miles. MPG/MPGe = 73. Commute = 30 miles round trip -typically 0.1 gallons per day. I also add a 400 mile trip just about every month which hurts my overall MPG. Comfortable seats! I traded in my Honda Accord (I've had 2) because the seats were so uncomfortable. Interior/Exterior Lights - this seems like a small thing, but driving at night is really nice in this car. The exterior illuminates the ground near the door and interior lights are the best of any car I've driven. QUIET - I really appreciate how great electric cars are for peace of mind. Ford Sync/Instrument Panel and MyFordMobile App/Website are solid with the exception of navigation, the Sync system is solid. The HUD is great too. Easy to read and well designed interface. Cost - with all of the incentives from Ford and the government, this car lease costs less than any other lease I could get on a similarly equipped gas car with remote start, leather, etc. I added Nav (thrown in for peanuts) and the car is very close to the Titanium's interior. I mostly looked into Mazda 6, the new Accord, and the gas version of the Fusion. If I add the savings of gas (between $20-$75/mo. saved depending hybrid or gas-only car compared), my $340 lease (nothing down) is ridiculously low, especially with almost zero maintenance. Navigation system is HORRIBLE. Can't find addresses, Traffic is a joke. Routes are almost never as fast as using Google Nav. I still wind up using my phone for a lot of trips that have options to save time (e.g. around NYC). Trunk space isn't an issue for me, but worth the mention is small. Rims. Oh how bad they are. The Energi rims make a nice looking car look terrible and they're a huge pain to clean by hand. Overall, a great car that I'm very, very happy to use for another 2 years. We'll see what the 2016's look like and drive like before I say I'll definitely buy again."

Almost but no cigar on the road test.

By on Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Pros: "Great styling and gas mileage"

Cons: "Ford suspenson can't handle hazards well"

"This car passed all of my wants and desires when making the purchase. Great styling, good power, lots of technology and efficiency. The only area I have found this car to fail my confidence rating is when it encounters a drop in the road. My comparison is driving a 280C Mercedes-Benz through the same area every day. I used to be able to maintain 60 mph through this road hazard with the Benz. The Fusion hits the bottom front trim on the swale or road divet and has to slow to 40 mph. This is a big disappointment considering a new Mercedes 240 Coupe is about the same price. The Fusion is getting 60 mpg so it is a consolation but I am keeping the Benz for real driving."

Amazing efficiency, great car!

By on Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Pros: "Energy economy, quiet, great handling, exterior"

Cons: "bulky battery"

"I am using this car for commuting(20% local and 80% freeway) and have been consistently testing its MPG for hundreds of miles. I got astounding results: 146MPGE in electric only mode and 48MPG in gas only mode, which are even better than what Ford claimed (100 & 43)! With one full charge at home, I can finish 27 miles without using a drop of gas, much better than 21 miles claimed by Ford. Maybe I was playing tricks during test to achieve the performance? Well, two things I did were limiting the speed under 70mph and no AC usage. But wouldn't those be considered as normal driving conditions? The acceleration is good too. I though its speeding would be somewhat weak in electric mode, but it turned out to be not a problem at all."

Love this car!

By on Thursday, June 19, 2014

Pros: "great mileage - fun to drive - very comfortable"

Cons: "Seats don't raise quite enough for my 5'2" wife."

"If I had the money I'd be driving a Tesla. I don't, so this Fusion Energi is as close to driving a nice electric car as I can come. And 80% of the time I'm driving in electric only mode - around town mostly but some highway too. As long as I don't hit the magic number of 26 miles (+/-) I'm using the battery only. To date, I'm averaging 88mpg over my first 10,000 miles. This includes one long trip through the Sierra's and numerous trips around San Francisco when I need to burn gas. The fit & finish is very nice and the leather seats fit like a glove. The only problem is that my short wife can't raise the driver seat high enough to clearly see over the hood so she doesn't feel quite comfortable driving it. The passenger seat doesn't raise at all so her view is even worse, though she doesn't mind as much since she's not driving. Consumer Reports says the touch-screen interface is confusing and hard to use but for me it was just a matter of getting used to it. I didn't have any problems with it after the first month or so, though I did need to read the manual to learn about all the information that the 3 electronic displays can provide me. I don't have 220 V at home but I find that 6 hours on 110V is enough to fill the fully discharged battery. Mileage on a full battery is 26 miles in the summer, a couple miles less during the winter. Both heat and air conditioning reduce it another 5 or 6 miles so I use them sparingly. Would I do it again? You bet! I might bargain harder this time around since Ford seems to be offering better deals than when I bought this in February, 2013 and paid essentially full market price."

this is one great car

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "looks great,fast and 78.6 mpg to date"

"good looking, fast, comfort is outstanding and I am at 78.6 mpg and going up. have not put one drop of gas in the car in over 3 months."

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next