• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2014 Ford Fusion Energi Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $32,148 - $33,173.

10/7.9

9.6

Based on 18 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

9.8/10
Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next

Very surprised!

By on Friday, April 26, 2013

Pros: "MPGE! Comfort, sound system (Titanium), visibility"

Cons: "Cost"

"I was skeptical of the 100 Mpge rating seen on the sticker, but the car seemed to fit our lifestyle to a tee. In the manual it says not to bother tracking mileage until you reach about 2000 miles. Who would buy a plug-in hybrid and wait that long? So far, we are realizing an overall average of 60.15 mpge! Before you draw any conclusions I will detail our 2000 miles. The first 3 fill-ups were after significant (200-300 mile) road trips at 60-75 mph. 1st there was the road trip home after the purchase - 45.3 mpge. The road trip to see friends - 38 mpge. The road trip to see family (about 30% commute miles on this fill-up) - 53.17 mpge. This last tank of fuel has been all commute miles and running around town. I would estimate that we have about 5% hwy driving on this tank. We are getting 98.71 mpge! To put that in perspective; We have about 1/3 tank of gas remaining (14 gallon tank) and we have driven 899 miles on 2/3 of a tank of gas, or approximately 9 gallons. AMAZING! We elected to hold out for the Titanium trim and I have no regrets about that at all. I would personally beware of any salesman trying to sell a fully loaded SE trim instead of the Titanium. There is a big difference that you have to experience for yourself. With that said, the car is very comfortable and easy to drive. The safety features are easy to get used to; Adaptive Cruise, Lane Keeping, etc. Looks-Well, lets just say that I don't believe there is a better looking plug-in hybrid out there. Sorry Prius guys, but your little elongated VW Bug looks like a cookie cutter compared to the style of the Fusion. Charging is simple and doesn't take as long as mentioned by Ford. With the supplied 120v charger, you can go from 0 to full charge in about 5 hrs. It would be nice to have 2 chargers, but they're too expensive for me. I do not have time to write anymore, but if you are on the fence about one of these cars it is worth it to consider it in the Titanium trim."

Love, love, love....

By on Sunday, October 19, 2014

"Love"

This Car is Awesome!

By on Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Pros: "Electric engine, styling, mileage, technology"

Cons: "Acceleration could be quicker (see Tesla)"

"Have the Fusion Energi SE for 6 weeks and it has exceeded my expectations. Only used 1/4 tank of gas in 1,000 miles. Routinely get 25 miles on a charge. Hybrid engine switches from electric seamlessly. Extremely comfortable and almost silent to drive and the styling is impressive. Constantly get comments about how good it looks and how Ford "got it right". The technology makes you feel like you are commanding the USS Enterprise. Keep up the great work, Ford!"

Very pleased with my first Ford!!

By on Saturday, September 14, 2013

Pros: "Gas mileage, handling, quiet interior, comfort"

Cons: "trunk space, struggles under hard acceleration"

"I have been driving various BMWs for over 13 years... before that I drove Toyotas or Nissans. For the past 5 months I was doing research on what car to get and was ALL over the map. I was thinking about another BMW, moving to an Audi or possibly getting a Lexus. Throughout this time, I from time to time, visited the Ford site knowing that the Fusion was getting very good reviews. Living in the bay area, we don't get to see many Fords and Chevys other than full size pickups on the road. So... after visiting the local Ford store, and test driving a Ford Fusion Energi, I took the plunge and leased a 2013 gray Titanium edition. I have been driving it for the past 3 weeks and I have to say that I am very, very pleased with the combination of gas mileage, comfort, quiet interior, and the driving / handling of the Fusion. (BTW, I think the handling is as tight or tighter than the 2013 BMW 3 series). While it does not have upscale image of one of the European brands, I smile every time I come home from work and haven't used a drop of gas during my standard commute. After 3 weeks, I am averaging 52 MPG. There are definitely some cons to driving a plugin hybrid. The biggest con is the lack of trunk space. Unfortunately, this is an unavoidable fact of the current technology - the battery is big and it has to be put somewhere. However, for anyone looking for an alternative to the ubiquitous Toyotas, Nissans, Hondas, or BMWs, for that matter, I would highly recommend you taking a look at the Ford Fusion Energi. Plus, as a side benefit, you'll get solo access to the car pool lane through the end of 2014."

Best Hybrid Vehicle By Far

By on Thursday, September 26, 2013

Pros: "Fuel efficiency, fun to drive, great sound system"

Cons: "Only one option for rims with the hybrid option"

"This car absolutely surprised me. Not only does it look good, but it has amazing fuel efficiency and is fun to drive. I have had the car for just over a month now, have driven 900 miles and have yet to put in my first tank of gas since the dealership filled it up at sale. How can you argue with that? The 10 speaker surround sound system makes your drive to work all that much better in the mornings. You can configure the Driving Coaches on the dashboard to help you get the maximum amount of fuel efficiency out of the vehicle. The Sony touchscreen display helps you navigate to any option imaginable but with all the hands-free options, you might not even need to use it that often!"

Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next