• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2013 Ford Fusion Energi

9.5

Based on 11 Ratings for the 2013 - 2015 models.

9.8/10
Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

Amazing efficiency, great car!

By on Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Pros: "Energy economy, quiet, great handling, exterior"

Cons: "bulky battery"

"I am using this car for commuting(20% local and 80% freeway) and have been consistently testing its MPG for hundreds of miles. I got astounding results: 146MPGE in electric only mode and 48MPG in gas only mode, which are even better than what Ford claimed (100 & 43)! With one full charge at home, I can finish 27 miles without using a drop of gas, much better than 21 miles claimed by Ford. Maybe I was playing tricks during test to achieve the performance? Well, two things I did were limiting the speed under 70mph and no AC usage. But wouldn't those be considered as normal driving conditions? The acceleration is good too. I though its speeding would be somewhat weak in electric mode, but it turned out to be not a problem at all."

Love this car!

By on Thursday, June 19, 2014

Pros: "great mileage - fun to drive - very comfortable"

Cons: "Seats don't raise quite enough for my 5'2" wife."

"If I had the money I'd be driving a Tesla. I don't, so this Fusion Energi is as close to driving a nice electric car as I can come. And 80% of the time I'm driving in electric only mode - around town mostly but some highway too. As long as I don't hit the magic number of 26 miles (+/-) I'm using the battery only. To date, I'm averaging 88mpg over my first 10,000 miles. This includes one long trip through the Sierra's and numerous trips around San Francisco when I need to burn gas. The fit & finish is very nice and the leather seats fit like a glove. The only problem is that my short wife can't raise the driver seat high enough to clearly see over the hood so she doesn't feel quite comfortable driving it. The passenger seat doesn't raise at all so her view is even worse, though she doesn't mind as much since she's not driving. Consumer Reports says the touch-screen interface is confusing and hard to use but for me it was just a matter of getting used to it. I didn't have any problems with it after the first month or so, though I did need to read the manual to learn about all the information that the 3 electronic displays can provide me. I don't have 220 V at home but I find that 6 hours on 110V is enough to fill the fully discharged battery. Mileage on a full battery is 26 miles in the summer, a couple miles less during the winter. Both heat and air conditioning reduce it another 5 or 6 miles so I use them sparingly. Would I do it again? You bet! I might bargain harder this time around since Ford seems to be offering better deals than when I bought this in February, 2013 and paid essentially full market price."

this is one great car

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "looks great,fast and 78.6 mpg to date"

"good looking, fast, comfort is outstanding and I am at 78.6 mpg and going up. have not put one drop of gas in the car in over 3 months."

This Car is Awesome!

By on Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Pros: "Electric engine, styling, mileage, technology"

Cons: "Acceleration could be quicker (see Tesla)"

"Have the Fusion Energi SE for 6 weeks and it has exceeded my expectations. Only used 1/4 tank of gas in 1,000 miles. Routinely get 25 miles on a charge. Hybrid engine switches from electric seamlessly. Extremely comfortable and almost silent to drive and the styling is impressive. Constantly get comments about how good it looks and how Ford "got it right". The technology makes you feel like you are commanding the USS Enterprise. Keep up the great work, Ford!"

Great Car!

By on Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Pros: "Mileage! Plug-in, Handling, best engine power"

Cons: "Might not be worth extra dough without discount"

"I just purchased a 2013 Fusion Energi Titanium. I love it already and have only been driving it for a couple days. I haven't charged it yet, but I got 51.9 MPG on the way to work today (Houston City streets mostly, some highway). We have a deal with the energy company that supplies our house for free energy from 10 PM to 8 AM, which is plenty of time to charge the Energi, and it'll all be for free! The car rides really nice, and handles quite well. I am coming from a Genesis Coupe, which I had for 1.5 years and the car had excellent handling, and I must say it is quite a comparable experience in the Fusion. I did have one issue with the Bluetooth audio stream skipping while the car is parked. When the vehicle is moving, it doesn't seem to have any issues. I am using a Galaxy Note 3. I will need to get this one issue figured out. The price is quite high on 2014 models right now. I was able to pick up a 2013 version, which is identical to the 2014, but I was able to get about a 8k discount from the MSRP. Basically I got a Energi Titanium edition for less than a Hybrid Titanium without the Energi component. If I had to pay full price for the 2014 Energi, I think I would have gone for the regular Fusion Hybrid instead. I am really enjoying this car and would recommend it."

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Fusion Energi near Honolulu. See local deals