• 10 Best Hybrid Cars Under $30,000

2013 Ford Fusion Energi Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $36,034 - $37,109.

10/8.0

9.4

Based on 9 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

9.8/10
Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10

this is one great car

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "looks great,fast and 78.6 mpg to date"

"good looking, fast, comfort is outstanding and I am at 78.6 mpg and going up. have not put one drop of gas in the car in over 3 months."

This Car is Awesome!

By on Tuesday, December 03, 2013

Pros: "Electric engine, styling, mileage, technology"

Cons: "Acceleration could be quicker (see Tesla)"

"Have the Fusion Energi SE for 6 weeks and it has exceeded my expectations. Only used 1/4 tank of gas in 1,000 miles. Routinely get 25 miles on a charge. Hybrid engine switches from electric seamlessly. Extremely comfortable and almost silent to drive and the styling is impressive. Constantly get comments about how good it looks and how Ford "got it right". The technology makes you feel like you are commanding the USS Enterprise. Keep up the great work, Ford!"

Great Car!

By on Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Pros: "Mileage! Plug-in, Handling, best engine power"

Cons: "Might not be worth extra dough without discount"

"I just purchased a 2013 Fusion Energi Titanium. I love it already and have only been driving it for a couple days. I haven't charged it yet, but I got 51.9 MPG on the way to work today (Houston City streets mostly, some highway). We have a deal with the energy company that supplies our house for free energy from 10 PM to 8 AM, which is plenty of time to charge the Energi, and it'll all be for free! The car rides really nice, and handles quite well. I am coming from a Genesis Coupe, which I had for 1.5 years and the car had excellent handling, and I must say it is quite a comparable experience in the Fusion. I did have one issue with the Bluetooth audio stream skipping while the car is parked. When the vehicle is moving, it doesn't seem to have any issues. I am using a Galaxy Note 3. I will need to get this one issue figured out. The price is quite high on 2014 models right now. I was able to pick up a 2013 version, which is identical to the 2014, but I was able to get about a 8k discount from the MSRP. Basically I got a Energi Titanium edition for less than a Hybrid Titanium without the Energi component. If I had to pay full price for the 2014 Energi, I think I would have gone for the regular Fusion Hybrid instead. I am really enjoying this car and would recommend it."

Best Hybrid Vehicle By Far

By on Thursday, September 26, 2013

Pros: "Fuel efficiency, fun to drive, great sound system"

Cons: "Only one option for rims with the hybrid option"

"This car absolutely surprised me. Not only does it look good, but it has amazing fuel efficiency and is fun to drive. I have had the car for just over a month now, have driven 900 miles and have yet to put in my first tank of gas since the dealership filled it up at sale. How can you argue with that? The 10 speaker surround sound system makes your drive to work all that much better in the mornings. You can configure the Driving Coaches on the dashboard to help you get the maximum amount of fuel efficiency out of the vehicle. The Sony touchscreen display helps you navigate to any option imaginable but with all the hands-free options, you might not even need to use it that often!"

Very pleased with my first Ford!!

By on Saturday, September 14, 2013

Pros: "Gas mileage, handling, quiet interior, comfort"

Cons: "trunk space, struggles under hard acceleration"

"I have been driving various BMWs for over 13 years... before that I drove Toyotas or Nissans. For the past 5 months I was doing research on what car to get and was ALL over the map. I was thinking about another BMW, moving to an Audi or possibly getting a Lexus. Throughout this time, I from time to time, visited the Ford site knowing that the Fusion was getting very good reviews. Living in the bay area, we don't get to see many Fords and Chevys other than full size pickups on the road. So... after visiting the local Ford store, and test driving a Ford Fusion Energi, I took the plunge and leased a 2013 gray Titanium edition. I have been driving it for the past 3 weeks and I have to say that I am very, very pleased with the combination of gas mileage, comfort, quiet interior, and the driving / handling of the Fusion. (BTW, I think the handling is as tight or tighter than the 2013 BMW 3 series). While it does not have upscale image of one of the European brands, I smile every time I come home from work and haven't used a drop of gas during my standard commute. After 3 weeks, I am averaging 52 MPG. There are definitely some cons to driving a plugin hybrid. The biggest con is the lack of trunk space. Unfortunately, this is an unavoidable fact of the current technology - the battery is big and it has to be put somewhere. However, for anyone looking for an alternative to the ubiquitous Toyotas, Nissans, Hondas, or BMWs, for that matter, I would highly recommend you taking a look at the Ford Fusion Energi. Plus, as a side benefit, you'll get solo access to the car pool lane through the end of 2014."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10