2007 Ford Freestyle

8.2

Based on 553 Ratings for the 2005 - 2007 models.

One of my best cars owned

By on Saturday, November 15, 2008

"I was looking to replace my Lexus ES 330 and wanted something that gave me the ride and comfort of the ES, plus the flexibility of a SUV. Since we are the proud owners of a pair of schnauzers, and took them everywhere with us, the capacity both in width and length needed to accomodate our large portable crate. We bought our 2007 AWD in March of 2007 and have been delighted with its performance and dependability. The tire wear is superrb, and never had to do anything except routine maintenance. The car has a great feel of the road, excellent acceleration, and excellent sight lines. Very stable under any weather conditions, from ice to snow to normal driving. The AWD is everything my previous Subaru's were and much more. Leather seating on all seats, fold down rear seats, tie downs, outlets and ample beverage holders. We tried out 20-30 models of cars and SUV's and few could compare. GM cars were a disaster of bad ergonomics and performance. The dealer gave us a great break in price for a completely loaded model- there isn't anything it does not have! And- everything works flawlessly. Ford knocked off $7000 from the MSRP, then our dealer gave us $2000 in dealer incentives- and we got 0% financing. The dealer also did not charge for the DVD player, since it was not on our list when we ordered the car. We get about 19mpg local driving and 26-28mpg interstate. When our neighbors and co-workers were stuck with gas shortages; we just smiled and kept on driving."

The ultimate!

By on Saturday, August 04, 2012

Pros: "so versatile in use and incredibly reliable."

"The versatility of the 2 and 3 rows is AMAZING! I have yet to find anything similar. I use it mostly like a limo and keep the 2nd row popped up and just use the 3rd row seating. There are 2 sets of vents for rear tempt control. The trunk space aside from the 2nd and 3rd row again is just amazing. The handling is superb... and I drive everything like a race car. I have the darkest tint allowed in Texas, the car itself is dark metallic grey and it is an impressive looking vehicle. It sits higher than most regular cars but lower than most SUVs so is high enough to accomodate and feel comfortable in traffic (and manage bumpy roads in SA) as well as efficient in gas consumption. My city MPG is 18 and my highway rolling is about 24. I did have to replace the AC compressor in 2010, and a new battery last year but haven't done any other repairs and have owned it for 50K miles/4 years. I change the oil every 4500K."

Great Family Car

By on Friday, March 30, 2007

"As my family grew our four door sedan just wasn't cutting it anymore. We needed more room, but a minivan was too square for to handle and an SUV just seemed to politically incorrect (and too pricey at the gas pump), but we really wanted 3 rows of seats and some cargo room. What I would have loved is the station wagon from my youth, the big long wood paneled kind that they had in the Brady Bunch. But alas they seemed to have stop making those over 20 years ago. The Freestyle for me is the next best thing. It's got all the room for kids and their friends, it's got cargo space...and with the CVT transmission it's pretty good on the gas (I think I average a little over 22 MPG). This is classed as a crossover, which I think means it is in between a car and an SUV. What I like about that is it is higher off the ground than a car. I love the visibility. I've only had this about 6 months, but so far it has been great."

3 years

By on Friday, November 02, 2012

Pros: "Great for a family with 3rd row seating"

Cons: "Throttle problems"

"I have owned my car for 3 years. I love it. I have two kids & it works great when granny & grandpa go places with us. Love the optional 3rd row seating. But this summer I took my car in for routine maintenance & my mechanic noticed my engine mounting bracket had broke in two. He replaced then a couple of months later my car started to die while driving & going into engine fail safe mode. This was happening about once a week and I took it into my mechanic & he said my throttle may need to be replaced. Just the part is $700. After doing some online research I found that this is 2 common problems. The engine mounting bracket & throttle. Before buying one I would make sure those 2 parts have been replaced. Although one on-line blogger says the throttle does not need replaced just cleaned? I'm currently looking for a new car."

Ford's Best Kept Secret

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2007

"Went in looking for a Expedition or Explorer, came away with a Freestyle. The salesman pointed out the Freestyle to me and I am glad he did. I had never heard of the Freestyle. After I bought it, I found out that Ford Motor Company has not really advertised or promoted this vehicle. I am not sure why they have not pushed this vehicle. I am told it is because they were thinking about changing the name to the Taurus X, which I think is a bad idea. The Taurus has had it's run and the last few years it lost it's appeal. Leave the Freestyle alone. It is a great vehicle and Ford needs to promote it. My Freestyle is a SE AWD with several nice options. It has the security and safety option, rear AC, front individual climate controls, and the 60/40 middle seat so it can carry 7 people. The vehicle is designed well with a lot of room and storage. It has a 5 star front and side safety rating and gets around 24 MPG on the highway. The vehicle has a low center of gravity and handles like a dream. It is fun to drive and offers comfort and versatility. Ford, you have a winner here, leave it alone and promote it. Rear cargo door needs a pull strap and the window should be able to open and close."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Freestyle near Honolulu. See local deals