2005 Ford Freestar Passenger

7.4

Based on 322 Ratings for the 2004 - 2007 models.

7.6/10

Horrible Van

By on Tuesday, August 07, 2007

"This van has been a lemon since I have gotten it. The front wheel hub/bearings started squealing and had to get them replaced $750. Some of the vans had a recall for them, but not mine. I have also had major problems with the Rear AC blowing hot air. I had it in 3 times while under warranty and they never fixed the problem. Since then I have found out from another dealer that the front AC controls need replaced $400. I had some other AC problems while under warranty, but they were fixed. Road noise is pretty bad. I even bought the good tires that are suppose to help with road noise and they didn't help. It is hard to carry on a conversation from the front to the third row because of noise. It has served us well and is still working though. This was the first brand new vechicle we owned. It will be the last vehicle I buy from Ford. I always bought GM vehicles before and had great luck with them. If you can get a carfax report I would before buying one of these."

Best new vehicle I've ever purchased

By on Monday, November 28, 2011

Pros: "Very dependable and good in snow"

Cons: "Repairs are very expensive, but few required"

"This is my 3rd mini-van in a row. The first was a 1996 GM and I had troubles with it right from the start. I traded it in with 56,000 miles on a Ford Windstar in 1998. I purchased the extended warranty and it was a good thing. I had the transmission replaced 2 times and the front end completely rebuilt within the 70,000 mile warranty period. I traded it in with 107,000 miles on this 2004 Freestar. I have basically just driven this vehicle until it had about 85,000 miles on it. I've had the air conditioner compressor replaced and other minor work done. At 95,000 miles it developed a miss and I had the engine completely gone over. Now it runs like a new car again. Very happy with this vehicle. I wish Ford still made a mini-van, I'd buy another one in a heartbeat."

great van

By on Tuesday, June 22, 2010

"bought this van 3.5 yrs. ago and has always gone thru inspection without needing anything..my kids love the dual sliders(my other van didn't have duals)the only draw back is it's only got an am/fm stereo...but i bought it because it had alot of safety features like all the airbags (6) , car alarm..the radio i can live with but my kids i can't replace...would buy another one ..and recommend them.."

Great Van!

By on Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Pros: "Reliability, comfort, fun to drive, lots of room!"

Cons: "Back bench seat could be more comfortable."

"We purchased this van used at a dealership with 12,000 miles on it. It has never been in the shop for any type of repair. It has been the most reliable auto we have ever owned. We owned a Dodge Carivan before this and no comparison...the Ford is much better quality and comfort! We love the sto'n go rear seat. Also, the DVD system is fantastic and a must for those long drives! Great van!"

would buy again

By on Tuesday, February 22, 2011

"bought this van new in 2005 and have almost 160,000 miles on it. We have only done regular maintenance on it. It has been in an accident was hit on the side but that was 3 yrs ago. Would easily buy this van again. Couldnt ask fo better performance with no repairs."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Freestar Passenger near Honolulu. See local deals