2006 Ford Freestar Cargo

7.4

Based on 324 Ratings for the 2004 - 2007 models.

7.6/10

Horrible Van

By on Tuesday, August 7, 2007

"This van has been a lemon since I have gotten it. The front wheel hub/bearings started squealing and had to get them replaced $750. Some of the vans had a recall for them, but not mine. I have also had major problems with the Rear AC blowing hot air. I had it in 3 times while under warranty and they never fixed the problem. Since then I have found out from another dealer that the front AC controls need replaced $400. I had some other AC problems while under warranty, but they were fixed. Road noise is pretty bad. I even bought the good tires that are suppose to help with road noise and they didn't help. It is hard to carry on a conversation from the front to the third row because of noise. It has served us well and is still working though. This was the first brand new vechicle we owned. It will be the last vehicle I buy from Ford. I always bought GM vehicles before and had great luck with them. If you can get a carfax report I would before buying one of these."

great van

By on Tuesday, June 22, 2010

"bought this van 3.5 yrs. ago and has always gone thru inspection without needing anything..my kids love the dual sliders(my other van didn't have duals)the only draw back is it's only got an am/fm stereo...but i bought it because it had alot of safety features like all the airbags (6) , car alarm..the radio i can live with but my kids i can't replace...would buy another one ..and recommend them.."

Sold me on minivans

By on Saturday, January 29, 2011

"I bought this vehicle used and am I ever glad I did. It has been used to haul, for vacations and for carrying 7 people. Performed great each time. I was not too sure about a minivan but am now glad that I did and my next car will be one also."

Practical & Affordable

By on Sunday, October 11, 2009

"Purchased new in Spring 2006, 06 Freestar Cargo Van. Good factory discounts at the time. Resale values are not real strong. Overall its been very reliable with no mechanical or quality issues. Mine has traction control and advance trac options, but things can still get hairy on slick or winter roads without good tire tread. The Goodyears that were stock were awful for traction. I since put on Firestone which were an improvement. Cargo space is not real vast but ok for most jobs. Consider the new Transit Connect if you want a good cargo hauler or something more customizable."

By on Sunday, March 30, 2008

"It cost alot to replace anything on this car. The spark plugs are special order, the tires are special s rated, and the tranny needs some kind of special fluid All very costly"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ford Freestar Cargo near Honolulu. See local deals