2014 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $22,534 - $23,147.

10/7.0

7.3

Based on 317 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

7.5/10
    7.4/10
    7.6/10
    7.6/10

Used 2012 Focus SEL Sedan

By on Friday, December 28, 2012

Pros: "The Interior, Exterior, Radio and Exceleration."

Cons: "Nothing for 5,000 so far."

"I bought the car at the end of October. I got it used and acordding to car facts it was a rental car. I got the car at 32,400 miles and currently have 38,000. I drive 75 + miles a day 7 days a week at times and I honestly love this car. I had a 2006 Toyota Corolla prior to this car and I liked the Toyota but it always felt cramped and like I never had enough power to get on and off the highway. I have had the car for 2 months now with a lot of driving and having people in the back seat regularly. So far I have not had an issue with their not being enoughg room even though one of my friends is 6'3" and had plenty of head room. I love the SYNC system and learned it very qucikly. I do understand where people are coming from with the tranny. But I have not had any issues with it. It accelerates very nicely and has incredible brakes. I love this car and enjoy the leather seats, moon roof,SYNC and it looks like a sports car instead of a gas sipper. I plan to keep it for quite some time and I LOVE this car!!!"

Squeaks. rattles and an annoying trasnmisssion.

By on Saturday, December 15, 2012

"I've owned my Focus now for about a year and half. I've not liked the dual clutch transmission at all. Ford's made many updates that have improved the way the transmission drives in some ways, but it's still not good enough. You really can't do much to improve a transmission that was just bad from the start. If Ford redesigns the Focus, they should just dump the DCT completely. It's basically the unwanted shifting and complexity you don't want in an automatic + plus all the roughness of a manual. Why would you want anything like that? I've not had any more major mechanical complaints about the car, but I am a bit disappointed in the interior comfort and quality. The Focus isn't very roomy and the interior is poorly made. It has so many squeaks, rattles and creaks. It is so bad that I actually try to avoid letting people ride in my car..."

Great looks and mileage with cool features. Luv it

By on Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Pros: "Great ride. Very quiet. Cool looks. Great MPG!!"

Cons: "No interior trunk release...its on the key fobs."

At dealership before windows were tinted. Coolest one there!

"My family leases a 2012 Titanium Sedan, loaded and we love it. It drives very well and is quiet and smooth even at 80+ MPH! Very nice interior and our Sync system has performed as expected. Some reviews knock the automatic transmission...I cannot say ours has ANY bad or balky shifts. We get complements from people all the time about how cool it looks...we got the Yellow Blaze Metallic paint with Black 17" wheels. Our kids are under 10 yrs old so back legroom has been no concern. I love this car and will buy it when the lease is over."

At dealership before windows were tinted. Coolest one there!

sporty look, cool interiors!!!

By on Thursday, December 06, 2012

Pros: "great looks and awsome interiors...."

Cons: "you'll need to learn how to drive it!"

"Transmission problems? NOT! The dual clutch trans works just fine, the thing with this trans... is that you have to learn how to drive this car. The trick is to drive the car like it was manual, you have to give it a little more gas(rev)thru all the gears and that's the trick. Puerto Rico's roads and traffic are a challenge to save gas, the most I can squeeze out of it is 24 mpg but still Im a proud owner of a 2012 ford focus se. bought it on oct.2012"

BEWARE Auto Trans and Sync!!

By on Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Pros: "Handling, looks, amenities, MPG"

Cons: "Transmission, Sync/Mytouch system is a train-wreck"

"The 2012 Ford Focus is a great car hampered by several design flaws that hamstring the entire experience. Let me tell you about the good first; This Focus has more technology than a BMW. It has auto-park that works great, the handling package and it really handles cleanly, backup camera with distance sensors, heated leather seats, dual-zone automatic climate control system, keyless entry and start and some of the most sophisticated electronics in any vehicle. If it were not for the 2 problems listed below, this would be a first-class vehicle... Now the problems, and although there are only 2 they are major and adversely affect the driving experience every time I drive the car: First, the DSG automatic transmission incessantly chudders on acceleration. Ford knew that this was a problem, but they sold it anyway. They came out with a reprogram for the transmission. I don't notice the difference Chuddering on acceleration is something that a new vehicle should not do this period. Ford cannot fix this problem. Second, the Sync system is a train-wreck. When I use my cellular phone via the Bluetooth, when I hang up the radio turns on and will not shut off even if the car is off. I have to restart the car to shut it off. If the radio is off, about 25% of the time, when I turn it back on the volume is set to 100% volume. Sometimes there is text missing from the screen and sometimes it's on the navigation screen and that makes it useless. It's been back to the dealership 3 times and it still does not function correctly because it cannot. Ford has been unable to fix this either. Do yourself a big favor and read about how many other folks are having these same problems before you fall in love with this car like I did."