2014 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $18,260 - $18,827.

10/7.0

7.3

Based on 403 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

7.5/10
    7.4/10
    7.6/10
    7.6/10

Can't wait to trade

By on Sunday, December 21, 2014

Pros: "nice color"

Cons: "mileage, design,performance"

"Poor interior design, cupholders are in the way of controls and shifting, folding down the back seats is a chore, chrome dash vent trim reflects in the side windows and looks like there's a car next to you when there's not. The automatic shifting leaves a lot to be desired, I could shift better on my manual when I was just learning to drive, it's very rough and jerky. Mileage estimate was deceptive, it's supposed to get 27 city 37 hwy, avg 31. I'm averaging 27.5 and most of my driving is highway."

Its a car

By on Sunday, June 29, 2014

Cons: "Cup Holders are horrible too!"

"When I first looked in to buying this car I was truly excited. Once I owned the car for a week I was truly upset. I have had repeated transmission issues and have gone to the top to be told its "the nature of the car". While the car is sporty to drive and has great mileage, which was #1 reason for its purchase, it does lack in comfort and not a smooth ride. Most of this is my own fault. I was used to an SUV and a smoother ride. I travel the interstate everyday and its a rough ride. The shape of the seat also aggrevates my bad hip. It is a good car, but if I had known about the transmission issues, I would have never bought it. Lesson learned not to do move review first!!"

not impressed with vehicle

By on Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Pros: "good gas mileage"

Cons: "poor fabric on seats transmission problems"

"had to have transmission parts replaced twice under warranty and also right front axle replaced"

Be aware

By on Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Pros: "Price, beautiful engine, hi quality finish, ride"

Cons: "Cant Heel & Toe downshift"

"I bought this after Pontiac stopped making the Solstice. Very similar in power, but the rear wheel drive solstice corners so much better, not to say the focus doesn't but... As to everything else its a brilliant little fun car, but well built, comfortable for my lard backside and 6' height, on all but 8 hour + trips To those who complain about snow driving, this is a "sports car" sold with summer tires, either change you tires or get a snow car. Fuel consumption: in Houston traffic even with my lead foot 25 on a regular basis on the highway, keep it around the legal 85 in Texas and you'll see 35. My only & I mean only gripe, the brake/accelerator pedals are not set up for heel & toe downshifts, such a great pity. Bottom line, as my summary says, Be aware, this is no limmo, nor is it intended to be, it is no snow car , and to be honest putting salt on the excellent paintwork is criminal. it is a fun hard driving euro hatchback and will match any of them. It is not a dragster but on sweeping bendy country roads it will take on anything."

Great sporty car for a small family! ST2 package

By on Saturday, August 23, 2014

"Bought this car back in the beginning of February, 2014 and absolutely love it! I did have an issue with the steering from day one, however. It had that twitchy/loose off center issue and it would overcorrect constantly. Quick trip to the dealership and they ordered a new steering rack and swapped it out, no more problems (all completed under warranty). I drive about 30 miles round trip for work and I average around 26-27mpg, even getting onto it a couple times everyday. The car isn't what I would call fast, but it is snappy and very quick in stock form, even more so when you add a tune to it! It handles like no other FWD car out there. It's a bizarre feeling to through this car into a corner and you can feel the back end kicking out as though it is a RWD car. All of which is very welcome when you're pushing it through mountain roads. I have two children, four and five years old, and they fit just fine in the car. We actually took the car on vacation earlier this year to Florida. Packed the hatch up, got a soft roof top cargo carrier and everything fit with some room to spare. We averaged 29mpg on the trip down and back, not too shabby with a loaded car and four people! The seats were fairly comfortable, thought after being in the car for six hours, we were a bit stiff. Overall this has been an excellent car, one of the best bang-for-your-buck vehicles out there IMHO. Unfortunately for the car, my wife just found out she is pregnant with our third, so this car just won't work anymore. I might have too look into the SHO, I'm hooked on these EcoBoost motors!"