2014 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $18,044 - $18,615.

10/7.0

7.3

Based on 380 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

7.5/10
    7.3/10
    7.5/10
    7.6/10

Love this car! It rides like a much larger car!

By on Saturday, July 27, 2013

Pros: "perfomance and gas mileage"

Cons: "door lock button and hands free mic location"

"I don't understand what people are complaining about, the car ride is very quite and its very fast. The transmission does its job, it allows the the car to have performance and still get 30 - 40 mpg consistently. The price point is very good, good room inside, great performance, great mileage, bluetooth hands free standard, what more do you want? I have over 7000 miles and several trips without any problems. I have a 2011 Prius and I prefer to drive the Focus."

It's good, but not great

By on Monday, July 22, 2013

Pros: "Smooth ride, great mpg"

Cons: "Transmission needs a lot of work"

"My biggest gripe with the car, other than a couple of minor interior problems and the rock hard cloth bucket seats, is the transmission. Yes, I sound like a broken record because everyone complains about the DCT like no tomorrow, but seriously it shifts worse than a regular automatic. The shifts are clunky, it's confused constantly as to which gear it is supposed to be in, and it makes weird grinding noises which can be very disconcerting to a new driver. Despite that, I have been averaging nearly 31mpg with mixed driving so I'm happy the mpg is true. I'm also glad that I leased the vehicle and can move onto something much better than this in a years time."

Do not buy!!

By on Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Pros: "very pretty, quiet windshiel wipers"

Cons: "Too many to list. description"

"focus has a manual transmission that shifts automatically. It actually drives like someone just learning to drive a manual transmission. Very jerky ride. Rolls back bad when you stop on a hill. It feels like it is going to stall when you take off and the engine is cold, you cannot trust it to pull into traffic until the engine is warm. The trunk is too low to be able to put a cooler in it, in fact the trunk while looking big is very awkward, groceries do not fit well. Be careful about syncing it with your phone, it eats text messages-I don't try to read them while driving and they are not in my phone when I get out of the car. You won't find all the problems at test drive, they just keep showing up the longer you have it. Dealer won't take it back!! The only thing Ford is willing to do is give me a maintenance package. Great, I don't pay for anything while I pray it gets totaled, the only way I can get out of it."

Zippy little sports car!!

By on Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, handles great, awesome gas mileage!"

Cons: "Factory stereo, seats uncomfortable on long rides"

Focus after wheels, graphics, and stripes

"I bought this demo in September 2012 because I needed a newer, dependable car with good gas mileage to commute 60+ miles one way to work. I went to the dealer to look at the new Dodge Dart, but after not seeing one I liked my salesman (this is the 4th car I've bought from him, he knew I'd love the spoiler and the sunroof!!!) had me look at the demo he was driving. I loved the color, the sunroof, the spoiler, and the styling of the car immediately!! From the front, the car is very aggressive looking and sporty. When I got it, it had steel wheels and ugly hubcaps (it's an SFE model and had low resistance hubcaps) and no stripes or graphics like it does now. I get AWESOME gas mileage, 34MPG around town, 42MPG on long trips to Charlotte, Nashville, etc. The only drawbacks I found with this car are the factory stereo in this one wasn't SiriusXM ready and didn't sound like I wanted (so I changed the head unit to one with Bluetooth and MP3, and was SiriusXM ready, added SiriusXM, and a box with two 12s and a Rockford Fosgate amp), and on a longer trip (like Nashville) the seats are kind of uncomfortable (I'm used to the comfy, couch-like seats in my 2002 Grand Marquis), but they're fine for trips to Charlotte and back-which I do quite frequently. The sporty handling, great gas mileage and aggressive look of the car outweigh the cons in a BIG way!!! I never thought I would like a small, economy car and I always owned and drove Lincoln Town Cars or Mercury Grand Marquis (I still have one). Even though I am nearly 50 years old, I LOVE THIS SPORTY CAR!!!! I'd highly recommend this Focus to anyone!!! BTW, this is my first brand new car ever!!!"

Focus after wheels, graphics, and stripes

DO NOT BUY THIS CAR

By on Sunday, July 14, 2013

Pros: "good gas mileage."

Cons: "trans. rough gear shift"

"I bought a 2013 Ford C-max and after it died 3 times and replaced battery, Ford bought it back at full price ( minus taxes). In turn I bought a 2013 Ford Focus, Not even 500 miles and it jerks every time I take off from complete stop. It makes rattling noise when I make a left or right turn and sometimes when I take off from a complete stop. Wanted to support American made products but I REGRET ever buying a Ford. All this has happened in the past 3 months. Completely disappointed with Ford. Taking car in tomorrow to dealer. Do not buy any FORD!!!!!"