2014 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $18,241 - $18,762.

10/7.0

7.3

Based on 351 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

7.4/10
    7.4/10
    7.5/10
    7.5/10

It's been a great car

By on Sunday, September 08, 2013

Pros: "Fuel economy and handling is great !"

Cons: "Driver side door gasket does not hold up."

"Do a lot of driving for work mostly highway average 33.4 MPG. Has been very reliable in the 2.5 years I've owned it."

Great Value

By on Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Pros: "Luxury options at an economy price"

Cons: "160 HP is a little light for my driving style."

"Fun car to drive, with as advertised fuel mileage and real eye appeal. Car enthusiasts are constantly giving positive, unsolicited comments. The only mods done are cosmetic. A waist line pin stripe and red caliper paint to offset the beautiful black paint job from the factory. The leather seats are comfortable even on an all-day drive. The controls are well placed and the Ford Sync is an interesting toy. The backup camera should always be part of the hatchback package, it works well even in the dark. The extra pass from the wipers when cleaning is genius."

Best vehicle ever

By on Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Pros: "i love every thing!!"

"Its been 28000 miles on the road and about a year and i love this car it is really reliable. I have test drive the dart, cruze, civic, and the mazda but the focus wins hands down"

Fun car, let down by electronic issues

By on Friday, November 28, 2014

Pros: "Fast, fun and good looking. Free racing school."

Cons: "Electronic problems and poor turning radius."

"This car is a blast to drive. It will keep up with high performance cars costing much more. It looks great, inside and out. My Ford Touch is, as always, a nightmare. It's hard to use and is unpredictable. The 911 assist on my car has failed several times, resulting in three unsuccessful repair attempts under warranty. The turning radius is shockingly poor and if you opt for the Recaro seats, understand that they don't fit all body types. Other than this, the car is great. It drives amazingly well and returns good fuel economy if you go easy on the throttle. If I can sort out the issues with this car, I will keep it for many years. If you get one, be sure to look into ST Octane Academy. It's free if you purchase the car new and is an amazing experience. I don't know what they spend putting the school on, but I would value it at a thousand dollars or more. It's that good."

Steady runner

By on Friday, June 13, 2014

"I've owned this car for a year - so far I had no mechanical problems and it's been a steady runner for highway trips. However, when it comes to comfort, and anything remotely "fancy" - this is not even slightly the car for you. Top issues that I've had with this car: - driving dynamics. this car has very low maneuverability! I'm not a race car driver, but when I'm trying to get out of a bad corner on the way from daycare in rush hour, I want to be confident this car can get up and go. It chokes first, then gradually speeds up. So, no short passes, quick maneuvers at all, period. - this car has the most uncomfortable passenger seat ever!! the glove box is where your knees are and there is no way you can move far enough to get comfy - regardless how tall/big/skinny you are. never mind the fact that the backseat size is really small (choose car seats wisely). Trunk size is good though. - sound system. okay, i know i was getting the base model but really?? really?? I have a $4 speaker at home that hooks up to my phone or laptop via bluetooth which sounds MUCH better than this system. $4!! - this car has only 2 cup holders for driver, no other accommodations. you also won't find an ash tray there. oh, and AUX is in the glovebox - look closely. I do like: - blind spot mirrors - safety release in the trunk - cheap parts if repair needed - so far, consistency and reliability. - LOVE gas mileage. The most I was able to get out of it was 37.5 (above manufacturer's ratings) - that was highway miles for a few days. Currently mix of city\highway - 31.1. Love it. - I do like that it blends in - sometimes it's just handy :)"