• 2014 Compact Car Buyer's Guide

2014 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $18,512 - $18,965.

10/7.0

7.4

Based on 301 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

7.6/10
    7.5/10
    7.6/10

Great car great price

By on Sunday, August 03, 2014

Pros: "great value, many features"

Cons: "Sync system aggravating, USB port in console"

"I recently purchased a 2014 Ford Focus SE with the following options: SE appearance package and the power moonroof. I haven't owned my 2014 Focus for long, but i'm really impressed with what I got for the price. The driving/steering system is absolutely amazing, and this car drives better than any other car that I've ever owned. The car comes standard with many options, and the appearance package added such things as fog lights, ambient interior lights, sirius radio, leather trimmed seats, 6 speed power shift automatic transmission, power mirrors, 17" wheels, and a six way power driver's seat. My only complaints are that the Sync system is a bit flawed. The voice recognition isn't the best, and if the system doesn't understand my command, it sometimes goes on a bit of a lengthy rant and recites every command one could possibly make. The power shift automatic transmission shifts a bit roughly through the first three gears, but I've read that it takes time for the system to synchronize and shift smoothly. If I remember, I will return and make additional comments regarding this. Lastly, there's only one small console in between the two front seats, and for some reason this is where they put the USB and auxiliary ports. Overall I feel that I got a great car for a great price. I couldn't refuse the offer as it was $20.5k @ 1.9% interest. Overall, I am a very satisfied customer and I will definitely shop Ford in the future."

great car

By on Thursday, July 31, 2014

Cons: "gas"

"I love this car. The great gas milage is my favorite aspect of it. I bought it in 2012 with 21,000 miles on it. It now has 59000 and I haven't needed to put money into it besides regular maintenance."

Fun rating = 10+

By on Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Pros: "Great performance for the money."

Cons: "Too tempting to ignore speed limits."

"Definitely a driver's car. Not recommended for teenagers."

Great car, but a few major issues.

By on Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Reason: Moved back to area where I needed 4 wheel drive, had some issues with Focus.

Pros: "A lot for the price, luxurious interior for Ford"

Cons: "Clutch issues ruin everything else"

"Ford did a great job with the redesign of the Focus in 2012. The car comes with options of a ton of great technology that other competitors at the price do not offer and driving the car is pure fun. Not to mention, it gets great gas mileage. I was always shocked at how good my mpgs were! However, because this engine was redesigned in 2012, the clutch is plagued with issues. I even had it replaced under warranty (with the same clutch by Ford) and it did nothing to fix the grinding noises and junting that happens when the car switches gears (I drive an automatic). It makes you think something is wrong with the car even though Ford claims it is not. Something is wrong. It also vibrates when idling and Ford claims there is no fix for these issues. All the little things about this car are great, but Ford messed up with the design of this engine. I finally gave in and went back to owning a BMW because I knew they would never put a clutch in a vehicle that could not be fixed. The value of this vehicle also depreciated greatly compared to other car brands over a two year period."

runs great

By on Monday, July 28, 2014

"The focus gets good MPG, is very smooth, quiet and roomy. The engine is very strong and so far the dual clutch transmission has been great...it definitely looks, feels and drives like a European car. I like the capless gas tank filler too...I bought the s automatic model for 14,925.00 total out the door price. Assembled in Michigan too...I only buy domestic cars assembled in us. This is my eighth new GM or Ford and they have all run good. Chrysler makes some very good vehicles too"