2014 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $16,378 - $16,817.

10/7.0

7.4

Based on 287 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

7.5/10
    7.6/10

Zippy little sports car!!

By on Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, handles great, awesome gas mileage!"

Cons: "Factory stereo, seats uncomfortable on long rides"

Focus after wheels, graphics, and stripes

"I bought this demo in September 2012 because I needed a newer, dependable car with good gas mileage to commute 60+ miles one way to work. I went to the dealer to look at the new Dodge Dart, but after not seeing one I liked my salesman (this is the 4th car I've bought from him, he knew I'd love the spoiler and the sunroof!!!) had me look at the demo he was driving. I loved the color, the sunroof, the spoiler, and the styling of the car immediately!! From the front, the car is very aggressive looking and sporty. When I got it, it had steel wheels and ugly hubcaps (it's an SFE model and had low resistance hubcaps) and no stripes or graphics like it does now. I get AWESOME gas mileage, 34MPG around town, 42MPG on long trips to Charlotte, Nashville, etc. The only drawbacks I found with this car are the factory stereo in this one wasn't SiriusXM ready and didn't sound like I wanted (so I changed the head unit to one with Bluetooth and MP3, and was SiriusXM ready, added SiriusXM, and a box with two 12s and a Rockford Fosgate amp), and on a longer trip (like Nashville) the seats are kind of uncomfortable (I'm used to the comfy, couch-like seats in my 2002 Grand Marquis), but they're fine for trips to Charlotte and back-which I do quite frequently. The sporty handling, great gas mileage and aggressive look of the car outweigh the cons in a BIG way!!! I never thought I would like a small, economy car and I always owned and drove Lincoln Town Cars or Mercury Grand Marquis (I still have one). Even though I am nearly 50 years old, I LOVE THIS SPORTY CAR!!!! I'd highly recommend this Focus to anyone!!! BTW, this is my first brand new car ever!!!"

Focus after wheels, graphics, and stripes