2014 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $16,149 - $16,677.

10/7.0

7.3

Based on 435 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

7.5/10
    7.3/10
    7.6/10
    7.6/10

Love my Focus!!!

By on Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Pros: "Interior, MPG"

"I really like my new 2014 Ford Focus. I like the way it drives and the great gas mileage I get in it. The interior of the car is nothing like I have ever seen the cloth seats are very unique and I love the two tone design. The radio I have heard some say that it is hard to use or figure out but it seems very general to me and I was driving in a car that had a radio from the 90's. If I can figure it then I think anyone probably can."

worst car I ever bought

By on Wednesday, October 01, 2014

Pros: "nice looking, lots of cargo space in the hatchback"

Cons: "terrible clutch and transmission"

"I had nothing but problems with the car. It would jerk when starting to move. It made a terrible grinding noise when turning. Clutch had to be replaced. Major transmission problems. It had to be replaced in a car with only 10,500 miles. Was going to file under the Lemon Law, but dealer was good and helped me get out of it. Ford is well aware of these problems in the Focus and Fiesta. Check Internet. It is loaded with complaints."

More to come!

By on Sunday, July 29, 2012

Pros: "Looks fun and sporty and good gas mileage"

Cons: "We will see:)"

"I really wanted a Detroit made car. I’ve never owned a new Ford so i want to give it a try. The Focus SE looks cool (got the metallic black) and good gas mileage which I need for my daily commute. I am exited about it. I came very close to walking out on the deal due to the transmission felt "weird" but hey..a discount and 0% financing was hard to turn down. I have commuted >100 miles a day for 20 years and I have only been left on the road 2X because of car failure. I will use that as baseline on the Focus SE. I really want this car to work for me. I just bought it yesterday. Will I be disappointed? I will come back to the site and give an honest update in 1K miles."

great except for the automatic transmission

By on Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Pros: "sporty, quick, great mileage"

Cons: "automatic is clunky at low speeds, lugs & clatters"

"Great mileage, sporty and quick BUT the automatic is clunky and hesitant at low speeds despite two reflashes and a recall. The dealer consulted ford engineers and I called the home office customer service. They both said all focus 2012 automatics do this, no fix available at this time. When it does this, it can clatter under the hood, your passengers will ask whats wrong, this trulymars what is otherwise a great car. Consumer reports has mentioned this in current and past magazines, plus you can find it in owner reviews everywhere on the internet."

Would NOT recommend this car to ANYONE!

By on Saturday, July 28, 2012

Pros: "look"

Cons: "transmission"

"I purchased the 2012 ford focus in june of 2011. When I first bought my car, I couldnt be more happier; however, my opinion has since changed. Firstly, the transmission is awful,it constantly feels like it's slipping and is very jerky. If you want a smooth ride, DO NOT GET THIS CAR. Also, the focus shutters whenever your foot is on the break and you release and begin to press the gas. There was already a recall for the transmission module among other things. I have taken my car to the ford dealer for shutter problem five times and they still have yet to fix the problem. The car is not worth the money."