2014 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $16,287 - $16,756.

10/7.0

7.3

Based on 359 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

7.5/10
    7.4/10
    7.6/10
    7.6/10

Manual + No MFT = Inexpensive Fun

By on Monday, August 20, 2012

Pros: "Price, handling, fun factor, interior comfort"

Cons: "Interior room, so-so radio"

"The base SE hatch, which comes with a manual transmission and without MyFord Touch, delivers 35+ combined mpg, quick and light handling, and fun styling inside and out for a very reasonable price (ours was less than $17,000 with discounts and bargaining). The manual transmission is smooth, and the engine packs plenty of power. It's not a sports car, but still lots of fun to drive. The stock 16" wheels combine with a well-tuned suspension to provide plenty of grip and stability; the Focus corners better than our new Impreza, which also handles quite well. On the interior: dashboard and steering wheel controls are logical and easy to learn, and the information available spans a broad range. We could sync a smartphone if we had one; we don't miss the navigation, voice commands, and other tech of MFT. We're very happy with the comfortable seats and their durable cloth covers. Cabin is a bit cozy but nicely styled. Only drawbacks: base radio sound lacks depth, and the globe box connection for iPod/iPhone is clunky. Oh, and the visibility is not as good as in the Impreza, especially to the rear. But overall, we love this car for darting in and around town and for medium-length trips (up to 4 hours). If it was also a good snow car, it would be close to perfect."

Love the car!

By on Sunday, August 19, 2012

Pros: "Good price, smooth ride, great clutch"

Cons: "none I've found yet"

"After driving a '06 Cobalt for well over a year, this car is a complete breath of fresh air! One of very few cars I was able to find in a manual transmission, it shifts very smooth, gets great mileage and overall is an amazing car. Absolutely in love with it, and would recommend it to friends and family."

Excellent mpg, and drives great.

By on Sunday, August 19, 2012

Pros: "Overall drives great, gas mileage, good looking"

Cons: "No major qualms at this time."

"I bought my 2012 Ford Focus S Sedan in May 2012. It's a looker, very attractive, sporty style. Very smooth ride. Handling is amazing. Good pick up. I have a lighter foot than most, but still I'm averaging 42 mpg overall (!). They say it drives like a car 2 or 3 times the price, and I believe it. It's a car a driving enthusiast would enjoy. Quite pleased."

Best car I have owned in a long time. buy one

By on Thursday, August 16, 2012

Pros: "Price, comfort, great gas mileage"

Cons: "Stereo can be hard to navigate through"

"I have owned this car for some time now and have yet to have any problems with it. The dealer handled the recalls very quickly and explained the auto/standard transmission to me as I asked about the feeling when first accelerating. I have recomended this car to several friends and family. My brother bought one and three of my co-workers also bought them after I let them drive mine. They all love theirs too. I am getting 40.2 miles on the highway in an very comfortable comfortable drivers seat. I never have to adjust my seating position as I have with other cars. You also can not beat the standard features that you get in this car. Everyone is surprized when I tell them what was a standard features and what I paid extra for. I.E. Not much. Great car at a great price."

I do not understand the bad reviews on this car

By on Wednesday, August 01, 2012

Pros: "Gas Mileage, Looks sharp, Very responsive"

Cons: "I cannot find any!"

"My car has been awesome! This was the first new car that I bought and i have to say i am really thrilled with this car! I have not had any issues with the transmission or anything with this car. The SYNC system is awesome! I got this car because the car i had before (1999 Saturn SC2) was starting to fall apart. I have taken this Focus on a trip through the mountains in West Virginia and i did notice that the acceleration was difficult going uphill, but this is to be expected with a 4 cylinder. HOWEVER the hill assist option not only helps you slow down going downhill, it also helps you accelerate going uphill by keeping the car in a lower gear and shifting sooner. it does lower gas mileage though. Still one of the best cars i have owned though! Plus i have been averaging about 35 MPG with a basic SE model."