2014 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $16,110 - $16,614.

10/7.0

7.3

Based on 396 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

7.5/10
    7.4/10
    7.6/10
    7.6/10

Great car!

By on Monday, December 31, 2012

Pros: "MPG! Cargo, Sync, quietness, ride comfort"

Cons: "Quirky transmission, few front storage areas"

"This is our second Focus and we love it. Our first was a 2005 hatch that we put 140,000 miles on before selling to my niece as her first car. 2005 only received wear and tear maintenance and ran as well at 140,000 as it did at 14,000. Our 2013 was an upgrade in features like heated seats, moonroof, bluetooth, etc. So far the only adjustment has been to the automatic transmission and lack of cubby areas in the front. The transmission quirks did improve with break in but, will be frustrating to anyone expecting to get into a car that drives like a normal automatic. Basically take the lag time of a turbo and roll of a standard and you have the focus automatic. Like I said before it becomes far smoother over break in and after you start seeing mpg's reach into the mid 40's you stop caring. At one point last week my MPG hit 50 and held for the 45 mins of my commute I was on the highway; dropped to 38/40 when I hit lights and backroads. Bottom line, this car is great and we're expecting to own it for at least as long as our other one."

Great car. Huge improvements.

By on Sunday, December 30, 2012

Pros: "It's not a fugly Prius."

Cons: "I'm 6'4" so I just have enough leg length."

"I commute in this car 160 miles a day. I have the titanium with the handling package and I can weave in and out of traffic with ease. Also with the select shift I can down shift two gears real quick when I need to over take. I avg. 42 mpg. 150 miles of that commute is stop light free highway."

Great MPG. Transmission is not perfect, yet.

By on Sunday, December 30, 2012

Pros: "See review."

Cons: "See review."

"Pros: MPG (>42 driving from LA to SD at 65-70). Driving feels very solid, city or mountains. It handles turns, mountains very well/smooth, better than I thought. A lot of power going up hill (160hp). Its hilly-drive function button on the autoshift handle is quite easy and neat feature that I find very helpful when you go frequent from up to down and to up hills. Drive CA hwy-1 from Santa Babara to SF, the average MPG is ~37, including all the hilly area. Ex. and Int. design is a great improvement over the previous models. Very quite in regular city/hwy drive. You do hear the engine sound significantly when you step hard on the gas, e.g. going uphill. I really love it in-and-out. The build quality is pretty solid for the price. Cons: Transmission is not exactly perfect, yet. Mine is pretty good. Does not have any problem at all on flat or going downhill. However, when it goes steep uphill, it does take a bit harder on gas to get a smooth start. This is the only place I would take any point out of this beautiful little amazing car. Hope Ford can get this sorted out with a new firmware update."

I hate this car

By on Sunday, December 30, 2012

Pros: "Body style, hatchback, sound system, sunroof"

Cons: "No acceleration, engine shifts rough"

"I bought it new. I have had it for 18 months, 12,000 miles. I have had it back to the dealership. The update they put in this summer helped a lot, but it still doesn't drive right. It has no acceleration and the gas mileage isn't great. Combined hwy/city is 28-30mpg. There are features I like: the sound system, sunroof, style of the car, hatchback, and color. I think the car is over-priced considering how poorly it drives. It drives rough, shifts rough, and stalls when it turns left (not all of the time). I don't think I should have to pay extra for My Touch. I will change this review if the dealership can solve some of these issues."

Used 2012 Focus SEL Sedan

By on Friday, December 28, 2012

Pros: "The Interior, Exterior, Radio and Exceleration."

Cons: "Nothing for 5,000 so far."

"I bought the car at the end of October. I got it used and acordding to car facts it was a rental car. I got the car at 32,400 miles and currently have 38,000. I drive 75 + miles a day 7 days a week at times and I honestly love this car. I had a 2006 Toyota Corolla prior to this car and I liked the Toyota but it always felt cramped and like I never had enough power to get on and off the highway. I have had the car for 2 months now with a lot of driving and having people in the back seat regularly. So far I have not had an issue with their not being enoughg room even though one of my friends is 6'3" and had plenty of head room. I love the SYNC system and learned it very qucikly. I do understand where people are coming from with the tranny. But I have not had any issues with it. It accelerates very nicely and has incredible brakes. I love this car and enjoy the leather seats, moon roof,SYNC and it looks like a sports car instead of a gas sipper. I plan to keep it for quite some time and I LOVE this car!!!"