2014 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $16,404 - $16,839.

10/7.0

7.3

Based on 259 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

7.5/10
    7.4/10
    7.5/10
    7.6/10
Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Good ride, quiet, lots of gadgets, nice looking

By on Saturday, July 14, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, smooth engine, good handling, cool"

Cons: "None so far."

"1k miles, nice, get used to the trans it is different, once you know how it performs you work your way into it. rides nice, no problems, sync and nav work as expected, lots to learn, look at it all. got the candy red, get lots of looks, handles nice, turns are great at higher speeds, engine is quiet but has enough power, get a loaded one for all the bells SEL,leather, nav and winter package. rides and handles as nice as my 2010 nissan altima sedan and is quieter than it and a honda accord sedan. leather seats are nice, a little small in back seat. quality is there, the fit and finish were good. learn how the trans shifts and you will see the power and economy work well. city driving so far is about 27mpg. sport mode makes it fun to shift."

A very good car for commuters

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, good sound system, no cheap feel."

Cons: "Lack of storage, a little pricey for a compact car"

"I commute 45 miles each way to work. I needed a car that would get good mileage and be comfortable to sit in for extended periods. The Focus is both of these and much more. I am currently averaging 37 mpg (3 fill ups so far). The front seats are very comfortable, but the driver seat lacks an adjustable lumbar support (in the SE version I own). I use a small towel roll to make up the difference. The car has plenty of power, accelerating and shifting smoothly. The audio system (6 speaker with SIRIUS) is more than adequate for the average audiophile, reproducing wonderful sound. The hand controls on the steering wheel were confusing at first, but now are very convenient and intuitive. The only ammenity that I find lacking in this car is the absence of "cubbies." I have no real good place to put all of my... goodies. The glove box is very spacious. The center console is smallish. The cup holders in front are smallish. The door panels seem to have adequate space. But that is it. Can I live with this small flaw? Absolutely. It the car a blast to drive? You're darn tootin' it is. It handles corners like more expensive BMW's or VW's. It feels substancial and refined, yet nimble. Nothing about this car seems cheep or poorly made. The two words I can say: Buy one!"

Ford Focus problems!

By on Thursday, July 05, 2012

"Too many problems with my car. Rack and pinion was defective right from the factory, I've been having all the transmissions issues that all Focus owners have been complaining about. I don't understand why Ford has yet to fix this problem. I've been to the service department for the 6th time with a mix of complaints, recalls and for failed repairs. Nothing works! Now...Just yesterday, my instrument cluster (speedometer and RPM gauge) all stopped working. A month early, my A/C started having problems keeping cold with summer just getting started! It's back to the dealer I go. As someone that had never owned a Ford before, I REALLY wanted to like this car."

Excellent Car!

By on Tuesday, July 03, 2012

I want this car

Pros: "Tons of Room, Hatchback or Civic, Tons of Tech!"

Cons: "Rear Park Assist Requires MyFord Touch..."

"Test drove this car a week ago and really love how it drives. Excellent room even for a 6'1" person. Hatchback SEL offers tons of great features and looks great. Will be test driving again to really see how it drives (missed a couple of things...) and will try the SEL version (dealer only had SE version at the time :/)."

terrible transmission

By on Sunday, July 01, 2012

Pros: "none"

Cons: "bad transmission"

"the worst car i have purchased in 30 years, the transmission ruins it,"

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25