2014 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $16,157 - $16,682.

10/7.0

7.3

Based on 435 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

7.5/10
    7.3/10
    7.6/10
    7.6/10

My 3rd car ever (after driving 20 years)

By on Thursday, June 28, 2012

Pros: "Head turner, fun to drive, stylish, gas mileage"

"Sleek, stylish, very reactive and comfortable ride. Turns heads, and makes you love to drive again."

Really Poor Quality

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

Pros: "Good Style, Looks Fancy"

Cons: "HORRIBLE TRANSMISSION AND QUALITY"

"Ford really messed up with the transmission on this model year of the Focus. You literally feel like you are on a roller coaster. I have had a new clutch system and a brand new transmission put in (florida lemon law) and still have problems. If you want a smooth running, reliable car, don't get a 2012 Focus."

Loving it

By on Friday, July 15, 2011

Pros: "Quality interior, supportive leather seats, My Ford Touch, gas mileage, drives great"

Cons: "Could use one more small storage area up front"

"Finally a small car with excellent gas mileage that has both style and a quality interior. The 6-speed automatic manual transmission has been smooth and flawless and I especially like the Sport mode. The My Ford Touch (MFT) has also performed without error for me. The soft touch material, upscale materials in the Titanium, excellent supportive leather seating, along with driving performance have made the Ford Focus Titanium an successful alternative to pricier semi-luxury vehicles along with improved gas mileage. The hatch, while 7 inches shorter than the Sedan, provides the same interior room and much more versatility when it comes to storage space. I found everything I wanted option wise without having to give up gas mileage to get it and at a substantially lower price. I was initially worried that this car wouldn’t have enough power, but I’ve found the performance of the 160 horsepower engine to me more than adequate when it comes to power. I’m very pleased with my purchase."

Great car for commuting and for road trips!

By on Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Pros: "affordable, good mileage, big trunk, stylish, fun to drive"

Cons: "needs a little more room in the backseat, SYNC needs a hearing aid"

"I bought this car for commuting, then found I like to drive it on the weekends also. My wife likes to drive it and I've received many positive compliments from others who see it and admire it. I thought it would get good mileage and I was right. I has been averaging 34 MPG during some bad commute days - two hours each way every work day. It has nice features and a few little quirks. The transmission makes a little noise when shifting at low speeds, but no problems on the freeway. The interior is nice, but a little cramped for adults in the back seat. The trunk is HUGE. The styling is nice. SYNC needs a little work to understand commands - especially when there is road noise. Also, the turn-by-turn navigation just can't keep up when downtown or driving near high-rise buildings -- all minor stuff overall."

A very good car for commuters

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, good sound system, no cheap feel."

Cons: "Lack of storage, a little pricey for a compact car"

"I commute 45 miles each way to work. I needed a car that would get good mileage and be comfortable to sit in for extended periods. The Focus is both of these and much more. I am currently averaging 37 mpg (3 fill ups so far). The front seats are very comfortable, but the driver seat lacks an adjustable lumbar support (in the SE version I own). I use a small towel roll to make up the difference. The car has plenty of power, accelerating and shifting smoothly. The audio system (6 speaker with SIRIUS) is more than adequate for the average audiophile, reproducing wonderful sound. The hand controls on the steering wheel were confusing at first, but now are very convenient and intuitive. The only ammenity that I find lacking in this car is the absence of "cubbies." I have no real good place to put all of my... goodies. The glove box is very spacious. The center console is smallish. The cup holders in front are smallish. The door panels seem to have adequate space. But that is it. Can I live with this small flaw? Absolutely. It the car a blast to drive? You're darn tootin' it is. It handles corners like more expensive BMW's or VW's. It feels substancial and refined, yet nimble. Nothing about this car seems cheep or poorly made. The two words I can say: Buy one!"