2014 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $16,321 - $16,784.

10/7.0

7.3

Based on 349 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

7.4/10
    7.4/10
    7.5/10
    7.5/10

Best Hot Hatch on the Market

By on Thursday, February 27, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, power, handling, reliable"

Cons: "fuel economy, SYNC"

"Even after 32000 miles, track days and a few autox's the car has been fantastic. No major issues, only minor glitch's with SYNC, though after the most recent update it's worked really well. As an overall car for under $30k it's hard to beat for a daily driver that you can still take to the track or autox on the weekends."

Amazing drivers car

By on Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Pros: "Power, Exterior Styling, Manual, Recaro Seats"

Cons: "Rear seat room, Cheap guages on dash, torque steer"

"When I first test drove this car I new I was going to buy it. The ST is probably the best hot hatchback currently available in its price range. The interior is decent but the exterior is whats best. This car has a lot of power for its size and is truly a pleasure to drive day in and day out. Now that I have a car that is a manual, I will likely never switch back to an automatic. This is a great car, and I thoroughly enjoy it every day. The only downside I can think of would be the cheap gauges on the dash (almost as if they were an afterthought) along with ridiculous torque steer."

Great car, great value, amazing mileage.

By on Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Pros: "lots of torque, fun to drive, comfortable seating."

Cons: "Larger people will leave the rear seats cramped"

"The car doesn't have quite the horsepower as the competitors but it puts the power where it needs it. The 0-60 times are close to the other cars in the category that have over 200hp. The focus does this while being able to get me 40 mpg on highways. Love the car and I have convinced a few friends to opt for the new focus as their next investment."

Fun to drive very sporty feel good gas milege

By on Thursday, September 19, 2013

Pros: "gas milege and acceleration many options on sel"

Cons: "transmission could be better"

"I have had this car for almost 2 years. No problems so far everything is smooth. This car is faster then i thought 0-60 in 7.5 seconds yet still averages 32 mpg. I am very happy i have the sel version with navigation."

It's been a great car

By on Sunday, September 08, 2013

Pros: "Fuel economy and handling is great !"

Cons: "Driver side door gasket does not hold up."

"Do a lot of driving for work mostly highway average 33.4 MPG. Has been very reliable in the 2.5 years I've owned it."

Great Value

By on Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Pros: "Luxury options at an economy price"

Cons: "160 HP is a little light for my driving style."

"Fun car to drive, with as advertised fuel mileage and real eye appeal. Car enthusiasts are constantly giving positive, unsolicited comments. The only mods done are cosmetic. A waist line pin stripe and red caliper paint to offset the beautiful black paint job from the factory. The leather seats are comfortable even on an all-day drive. The controls are well placed and the Ford Sync is an interesting toy. The backup camera should always be part of the hatchback package, it works well even in the dark. The extra pass from the wipers when cleaning is genius."

Best vehicle ever

By on Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Pros: "i love every thing!!"

"Its been 28000 miles on the road and about a year and i love this car it is really reliable. I have test drive the dart, cruze, civic, and the mazda but the focus wins hands down"

Fun car, let down by electronic issues

By on Friday, November 28, 2014

Pros: "Fast, fun and good looking. Free racing school."

Cons: "Electronic problems and poor turning radius."

"This car is a blast to drive. It will keep up with high performance cars costing much more. It looks great, inside and out. My Ford Touch is, as always, a nightmare. It's hard to use and is unpredictable. The 911 assist on my car has failed several times, resulting in three unsuccessful repair attempts under warranty. The turning radius is shockingly poor and if you opt for the Recaro seats, understand that they don't fit all body types. Other than this, the car is great. It drives amazingly well and returns good fuel economy if you go easy on the throttle. If I can sort out the issues with this car, I will keep it for many years. If you get one, be sure to look into ST Octane Academy. It's free if you purchase the car new and is an amazing experience. I don't know what they spend putting the school on, but I would value it at a thousand dollars or more. It's that good."

Steady runner

By on Friday, June 13, 2014

"I've owned this car for a year - so far I had no mechanical problems and it's been a steady runner for highway trips. However, when it comes to comfort, and anything remotely "fancy" - this is not even slightly the car for you. Top issues that I've had with this car: - driving dynamics. this car has very low maneuverability! I'm not a race car driver, but when I'm trying to get out of a bad corner on the way from daycare in rush hour, I want to be confident this car can get up and go. It chokes first, then gradually speeds up. So, no short passes, quick maneuvers at all, period. - this car has the most uncomfortable passenger seat ever!! the glove box is where your knees are and there is no way you can move far enough to get comfy - regardless how tall/big/skinny you are. never mind the fact that the backseat size is really small (choose car seats wisely). Trunk size is good though. - sound system. okay, i know i was getting the base model but really?? really?? I have a $4 speaker at home that hooks up to my phone or laptop via bluetooth which sounds MUCH better than this system. $4!! - this car has only 2 cup holders for driver, no other accommodations. you also won't find an ash tray there. oh, and AUX is in the glovebox - look closely. I do like: - blind spot mirrors - safety release in the trunk - cheap parts if repair needed - so far, consistency and reliability. - LOVE gas mileage. The most I was able to get out of it was 37.5 (above manufacturer's ratings) - that was highway miles for a few days. Currently mix of city\highway - 31.1. Love it. - I do like that it blends in - sometimes it's just handy :)"

Great car...good for around town or short commutes

By on Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Pros: "Handles well, easy to park/drive"

Cons: "No power windows in back seat"

"Would be good car for college/HS student. I have really liked the car. I chose it over a Toyota. Even though it's better around town, it still holds its own on the highway...I have no complaints about it."

Fun to drive, great gas mileage

By on Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, great gas mileage"

Cons: "Would like to see a 2.3L 4 cyl. offered"

"Fun to drive, great gas mileage, good styling"

Just a very fun little car to drive...

By on Sunday, April 13, 2014

Pros: "w/FWD, handles well in sowy/icy weather."

Cons: "Moonroof inside cover comes just slightly open."

"Handles well. Excellent response. Takes a corner like it's on rails. The 2.0L engine is surprisingly quick w/good power. Really a sharp looking vehicle in Sterling Grey metallic w/the moon-roof & hatchback. 28 - 32 mpg. Just a very fun little car to drive."

Great, fun, well designed

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Pros: "good value, great handling, manual transmission"

Cons: "sync infotainment is mostly good, but has some bug"

"I have owned this vehicle for a couple of months now, and have really liked it thus far. I test drove both the automatic and manual transmissions, and found the manual transmission to be very easy and fun to drive. I have really come to like the manual transmission. The automatic transmission has had more mixed reviews, so I opted for the manual and am really glad I did. The car is very responsive, handles well and is quite fun to drive. No real issues thus far other than a reset that was required with the sync infotainment system. The interior and driver controls are very well thought out. Attention to details like the blind spot mirrors integrated into the side mirrors really make a noticeable difference in the overall driving experience of the car. The focus has plenty of power, yet gets really good gas mileage. I do all city driving going to and from work, and have been averaging 28 mpg."

I love it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By on Friday, March 14, 2014

Pros: "Great M.P.G, sporty, fun to drive, head turner."

Cons: "NONE, NONE, NONE, NONE, NONE, NONE, NONE, NONE"

"I bought a Titanium Sedan a week ago and love it. Granted I only put 200 miles on it so far but, I have no complaints. I laughed at all the reviews on here about the transmission. WELL if you would of read reviews on the car you'd know about the transmission. I noticed it shifts different then my 2002 Grand Prix BUT, hey they're different cars. I really don't see anything wrong with the shifting. It's a Focus not a Caddy or Jag. Do your homework people before you buy a car. I have 3 friends who own one too and they're not complaining about the transmission. Bought it in Performance Blue and it's a head turner, car has a lot of pep for a compact. seats are comfortable, everything is within easy reach, great gas mileage."

Great little fast car!

By on Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Pros: "Handling, Power, and looks."

Cons: "None."

"I have never owned a compact car before but wanted somthing that is good on fuel but also fun to drive. So, I bought a 2014 Ford Focus St. So far this car has not let me down. It is really fun to drive and gives me great gas mileage. I get an average of 25 mpg and that's with hard driving. This car just loves the curves. I really can't find anything wrong with this car at all."

Sporty car with great manual transmission

By on Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Pros: "quick, great transmission, flat handling"

Cons: "loud road noise, would like more torque"

"Bought this car as a commuter primarily but also to carry my family of 5 occasionally. Sport model for a nicer interior and rear disc brakes to go along with the 5spd manual for occasional autocross races. Very nice fit/finish but road noise is high and interferes with the bluetooth speakerphone. Driving dynamics are very good with a couple of exceptions - engine has very little torque at low rpm and seems to have a heavy flywheel which makes gearchanges a little weird. On the plus side high end horsepower is good and the transmission is great. In all an enjoyable car with good (34mpg) mileage that can be flexible when you need it to be."

great car, no problems, love added features

By on Monday, December 15, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, luxury as well as utility."

Cons: "Difficult for older person to enter and exit."

"One of the best vehicles I've owned, first-time Ford, loved all the added features. Great Navigation and high tech. Only problem was for me, the car was difficult to enter/exit; it would be most suited to a younger more able individual."

Annoying Transmission

By on Friday, November 14, 2014

Pros: "Tight handling, good 4 cyl power, great gas miles"

Cons: "Transmission noises, jerky under 20 mph"

"This car would have been a 9 out of 10 for the money but the transmission ruins the car for local driving. The automatic transmission is actually a semi automatic transmission so it sometimes shifts unsmoothly but only if you going under 20 mph. I have had this car for 1 year and 3 months and bought it brand new. The transmission makes rattle noises from the day I got it which Ford says is normal. I learned to accept that. The jerky shifting happens once in a while which is the most annoying. Once you are past 20 mph though it shifts really smooth. On the highway it's a fun car smooth ride. As annoying as the transmission feels part of me thinks it won't break. That is just the design they did to make it more gas efficient it seems. It handles really well and has nice power for a 4 cylinder. I give it a 10 for that. If I bought it used it wouldn't annoy me but a new car that makes noise and shifts awkward made me feel ripped off. I tell everyone I know to NEVER buy a Ford. If they are irresponsible on making a quiet smooth shifting transmission then there is plenty more they probably are screwing up on. Only buy this if you get a really good deal and am OK with the transmission sometimes shifting jerky under 20 mph speeds. If you do a lot of highway driving it won't annoy you as much. Note all my ratings would have been 9 or 10 but the transmission made me rate them lower."

power + grip + rally design + good MPG = awesome

By on Monday, August 25, 2014

Pros: "power, grip, rally car design, good MPG"

Cons: "price, options prices, SYNC"

"This is my daily commute car and I love it. I have been wanting a car this powerfull for many years now but could not aford it until now. I love the power that it brings when you put it to the test and the grip in curves. Being a rally race car fan myself, I love the way it looks and drives. It feels like I am in a race... yeah, I do step on it every time I drive it. Gas milage is good too. The car itself is a little pricy in my area, it would be great if the options were not so expensive. My only concern would be SYNC. It works great when it actually works, it just needs some tweeking that is all. Overall it meets expectations, but does not exceed expectations."

Great car

By on Thursday, May 22, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive,great on gas"

Cons: "Front console area a little tight"

"I bought my 2012focus with escape trade in.at first I didn't like the smaller cargo area,but now that I have adjusted from escape cargo,I love,love,it and the gas mileage is GREAT.the only draw back,is console area a little tight.this is a great car"

Disappointed

By on Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Cons: "Too many other better cars to chose from."

"Transmission problems at 19,000. Fuel injectors are loud. It reminds me of an old car with bad valves. Inefficient door locking system."

Sync with nav. excellent,better than uconnect .

By on Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Pros: "price could be lower."

Cons: "cup holders should be a little bigger."

"The transmission is a learning tranny. and works great. People do not seem to know hot to use the sync system It works great. It is a small car ride is fine. sports suspension works very well. I have the 2013 titanium hatchback."

POOR TRANSMISSION

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

Pros: "Interior, Exterior, Handling, MPG"

Cons: "TRANSMISSION"

"Ive only had this car two weeks, and I have put about 500 miles on it. I would love this car if Ford wouldn't have put a transmission in this car that isn't worth anything. The transmission already grinds and shudders on me like many other people.. Just Google "2014 Ford Focus automatic transmission problems" and you will see what I mean.. Save yourself the trouble, and possibly getting stranded and look it up.."

Really Poor Quality

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

Pros: "Good Style, Looks Fancy"

Cons: "HORRIBLE TRANSMISSION AND QUALITY"

"Ford really messed up with the transmission on this model year of the Focus. You literally feel like you are on a roller coaster. I have had a new clutch system and a brand new transmission put in (florida lemon law) and still have problems. If you want a smooth running, reliable car, don't get a 2012 Focus."

beautiful styling ,

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Pros: "nice pickup,nice body styling"

Cons: "plug outlet poorly designed ,transmission loud"

"liked the car initially ,beautiful styling, but the plug outlet is placed behind the cup holder and if you have a drink of soda pop and sloshes into the plug it will short it out , they will charge you $45 to replace the fuse. The transmission failed several times, wouldn't go in reverse and was loud when shifting. It didn't have Bluetooth, which should be mandatory for all cars. Body is low to the ground and no handle on the ceiling to help you out. a lot of space in the trunk , I carried a 55" flat screen tv without a problem."