2014 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $16,279 - $16,738.

10/7.0

7.3

Based on 324 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

7.5/10
    7.4/10
    7.6/10
    7.6/10

Fun and affordable

By on Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Pros: "fair price and a comfortable ride"

Cons: "sync can be difficult to use if no one shows you"

"I've had my focus for the last 7 months. I am a single guy and it has been a great car so far. Very comfortable, fun and affordable. I achieved 40 mpg on my way to San Fransico, with 3 other people in the car. They mentioned that they were comfortable as well and thats almost a 600 mile round-trip. Overall I am impressed with the quality, the quietness and efficiency of the vehicle."

Love it to the max.

By on Monday, October 28, 2013

Pros: "Handling, Smooth ride, quiet, Design, Quality"

Cons: "transmission is unique, and patience is needed."

"A very nimble road feel, but long wheelbase and suspension feels smooth and quiet on rough roads. Very fast pickup when needed, and 6 spd Automatic Transmission is great and smooth shifting. Easy/Fun to drive in all kinds of traffic. With only 2000 mi driven mine is getting MPG as advertised. Paint and trim quality very high, perfect. "Feels" as good as '98 Honda Prelude I once had. I am impressed with the Pricing, a great deal $ !"

Best car in its class

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

"The Good: I have owned the Focus for almost two years. Immediately after buying it, my girlfriend and I took it on a road trip from Ohio to California and back. The car is roomy enough, quiet, gets great gas mileage, is fun to drive, very direct steering and is loaded with features. I perform the regular maintenance myself and have had to do nothing but three oil changes, so my two year cost of ownership is a whopping $120. I average about 34.5 mpg with about 70%/30% city to highway which it well above the EPA estimates. The Bad: I have needed the clutch assembly to be replaced at 18,000 miles (its the auto) but Ford took care of it under warranty. No problems since and from what most are saying now the problem was fixed after seal replacements. Mine was on of the first years in a new revamp, so you have to expect difficulties especially on a new drivetrain. Overall: This has been a great car compared to my 2002 Corolla. It is unbeatable in its class for style, comfort and overall reliability. Do not be afraid of reviews on the automatics, most of the reviews are leftover from when the car was released and the ST stole the show. Take it for a test drive and you will be happy with making the decision of getting yourself one too."

Fun to drive & great mileage

By on Monday, October 07, 2013

Pros: "Very fun to drive. Relatively fast, great handling"

Cons: "Sync has a steep learning curve due to features"

"I swore off Ford in the 1990s, but this car changed my mind. I tested it against the Hyundai Elantra, Chevy Cruze and Mazda 3 (couldn't get past that freakish front-end smile on the 2013). Initial quality problems: zero. PROS: Very fun to drive. Relatively fast and great handling. Sync system (NOT the Touch system) seemed a bit gimmicky at first, but has fantastic, useful features that let you keep your eyes on the road. Voice and turn-by-turn instructions work VERY well. To date, I average over 36mpg highway and constantly 32+ in the city-with a heavy foot. The manual stick has a high-end feel. There are so many features that aren't usually mentioned in the press: auto lights, intermittent speed-based wipers, auto sound level based on speed, auto reverse wipers (on hatch) when backing, etc. Oil changes based on its oil quality measuring system, not mileage (up to 10,000). CONS: Sync has a steep learning curve because of all the features. Ford could definitely improve on its instructions. Steering is twitchy on long, flat interstate drives (but absolutely perfect in city and curves). Blind spots on rear, split mirrors help this."

A reliable, fun, peppy little car to drive.

By on Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Pros: "GREAT gas mileage. Lot`s of gadgets. Super radio."

Cons: "Rides a little rough, due to larger wheels."

"I`ve owned my Ford Focus Titanium hatchback for a year and a half now and I really love it. It has a sharp sporty look and it`s the first car I`ve owned, which several strangers have approached me and asked me how I liked it and told me how impressive it looks. The car started and performed well during our last seige of below zero weather, here in Michigan and it is very comfortable and elaborately outfitted in the cabin and really fun to drive and very easy to park."

Best Hot Hatch on the Market

By on Thursday, February 27, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, power, handling, reliable"

Cons: "fuel economy, SYNC"

"Even after 32000 miles, track days and a few autox's the car has been fantastic. No major issues, only minor glitch's with SYNC, though after the most recent update it's worked really well. As an overall car for under $30k it's hard to beat for a daily driver that you can still take to the track or autox on the weekends."

Amazing drivers car

By on Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Pros: "Power, Exterior Styling, Manual, Recaro Seats"

Cons: "Rear seat room, Cheap guages on dash, torque steer"

"When I first test drove this car I new I was going to buy it. The ST is probably the best hot hatchback currently available in its price range. The interior is decent but the exterior is whats best. This car has a lot of power for its size and is truly a pleasure to drive day in and day out. Now that I have a car that is a manual, I will likely never switch back to an automatic. This is a great car, and I thoroughly enjoy it every day. The only downside I can think of would be the cheap gauges on the dash (almost as if they were an afterthought) along with ridiculous torque steer."

Great car, great value, amazing mileage.

By on Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Pros: "lots of torque, fun to drive, comfortable seating."

Cons: "Larger people will leave the rear seats cramped"

"The car doesn't have quite the horsepower as the competitors but it puts the power where it needs it. The 0-60 times are close to the other cars in the category that have over 200hp. The focus does this while being able to get me 40 mpg on highways. Love the car and I have convinced a few friends to opt for the new focus as their next investment."

Fun to drive very sporty feel good gas milege

By on Thursday, September 19, 2013

Pros: "gas milege and acceleration many options on sel"

Cons: "transmission could be better"

"I have had this car for almost 2 years. No problems so far everything is smooth. This car is faster then i thought 0-60 in 7.5 seconds yet still averages 32 mpg. I am very happy i have the sel version with navigation."

It's been a great car

By on Sunday, September 08, 2013

Pros: "Fuel economy and handling is great !"

Cons: "Driver side door gasket does not hold up."

"Do a lot of driving for work mostly highway average 33.4 MPG. Has been very reliable in the 2.5 years I've owned it."