2014 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $16,402 - $16,845.

10/7.0

7.4

Based on 310 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

7.5/10
    7.6/10

THOUGHT I was getting a great car

By on Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Pros: "cute, fun to drive, good mileage, resonable price"

Cons: "numerous mechanical and electrical problems"

"I bought this car just 8 months ago, Cute, fun to drive, good mileage, resonable price and good reviews..,MSRP is 24000 andI got it for 21000.. it currently has 15000 miles and is already in the shop for numerous electronic clitches, transmission problems, etc, etc. Now I check the value (again the car is not even a year old) and obviously it does not retain any value what so ever!! It is only worth $14,000 trade in and $17,000 for a private sell. I still owe $16,000.00. Guess I shouldn't have dropped the GAP insurance. DO NOT BUY THIS CAR!!!!! IT IS JUNK!!!"

Great car, great price

By on Monday, September 15, 2014

Pros: "Fuel economy, handling, comfort, powertrain"

Cons: "Rear visibility"

"This sub-$20000 car handles like it should cost twice as much as it does. It hugs the road like no other small car and the DCT transmission is amazing, it's one of my favorite powertrains. Haven't seen any issues other than a couple of computer re flashes to perfect the performance of the transmission, which is to be expected of a newer technology. The only complaint I have with the car is rear visibility. I'm glad the refreshed 2015 model will come standard with a rear view camera."

Lemon?

By on Sunday, September 14, 2014

Pros: "Nice when it works"

Cons: "Totally unreliable."

"The battery on our Ford Focus EV has died repeatedly. This is an incredible inconvenience and for that reason I would steer consumers away from the car. At first, when the battery died at stop lights, we were told we needed a software update, which seemed to fix the problem for a few months. Now, the battery has died again and can't even be charge if we can get the car home. Also, the Sync system fails repeatedly. Loaner cars aren't a substitute because they do not have a car pool lane sticker. I now think the car is a lemon."

I love my car!!

By on Saturday, September 06, 2014

Pros: "Most all things"

Cons: "Kinda tight."

"First let me start by saying, I have a manual transmission. All the bad things that have been said about this car, have been for an automatic transmission. I drive pretty crazy and let my RPMs get pretty high and I am still getting 34.6 MPG, and climbing. It take 38 dollars to fill my tank and I get 440 miles until empty. The Sync is amazing! It sticks to the road very well. Great with turns and rain! I would recommend this car to all of my friends and complete strangers."

Nothing but Problems

By on Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Pros: "Good on Gas"

Cons: "The transmission, wiring harneses, stalls"

"My car is about 2.5 years old and I've owned if for 14 months. The transmision is awful, jerks and is very shakey. I had problems with the air conditioning leaking into the passenger side floor. The dealership told me it was a faulty part that Ford was designing and when it became available they'd call me back in to fix it. Never happened and magically the leaking stopped so I didn't even bother following up with Ford. Now I have electrical problems and the car stalls out when driving. Give the car gas and it just revs like it's in neutral. There's a "hill start assist unavailable" message that pops up and then the car stalls. The car is unsafe and frustrating to deal with. Never buying another Ford again."

Wish I never bought!

By on Tuesday, September 02, 2014

"I have had several issues with the transmission in this car! I had it fixed 1 month ago and it is leaking fluid again! I brought it to the dealer I bought it from several times and told them there was a problem with the vehicle, and was told there was nothing wrong with it, when I brought it to get an oil change they are the ones who have told me twice the transmission was leaking. No Ford dealer can take it in for one or two weeks because they are so backed up fixing transmissions! Just received a letter from Ford "not a recall" but there have been some issues so they are extending the warranty on the transmission. Does anyone have that much time to drive to the dealer to fix a newer car, and be in convinced to have the dealer take 10 days to fix it? Back interior below rear window has rotted out! Anyone want to fix that at Ford? Not really!"

Wwwwaaaayyyy better gas mileage than expected.

By on Monday, August 25, 2014

Pros: "Great gas mileage. Looks great. Tight steering."

Cons: "Audio display buttons are a little confusing."

"I was very surprised to see the gas mileage of our focus. I think the epa estimated it to be 26 city and 36 on the highway. we are getting more like 35 in the city and just the other day we got 49 mpg on a 6 hour trip to and from Phoenix. The trip before that was 45 or 46.I don't know how accurate the mpg estimator is on the car but I think the epa must have had a lead foot when they tested this one."

power + grip + rally design + good MPG = awesome

By on Monday, August 25, 2014

Pros: "power, grip, rally car design, good MPG"

Cons: "price, options prices, SYNC"

"This is my daily commute car and I love it. I have been wanting a car this powerfull for many years now but could not aford it until now. I love the power that it brings when you put it to the test and the grip in curves. Being a rally race car fan myself, I love the way it looks and drives. It feels like I am in a race... yeah, I do step on it every time I drive it. Gas milage is good too. The car itself is a little pricy in my area, it would be great if the options were not so expensive. My only concern would be SYNC. It works great when it actually works, it just needs some tweeking that is all. Overall it meets expectations, but does not exceed expectations."

Great sporty car for a small family! ST2 package

By on Saturday, August 23, 2014

"Bought this car back in the beginning of February, 2014 and absolutely love it! I did have an issue with the steering from day one, however. It had that twitchy/loose off center issue and it would overcorrect constantly. Quick trip to the dealership and they ordered a new steering rack and swapped it out, no more problems (all completed under warranty). I drive about 30 miles round trip for work and I average around 26-27mpg, even getting onto it a couple times everyday. The car isn't what I would call fast, but it is snappy and very quick in stock form, even more so when you add a tune to it! It handles like no other FWD car out there. It's a bizarre feeling to through this car into a corner and you can feel the back end kicking out as though it is a RWD car. All of which is very welcome when you're pushing it through mountain roads. I have two children, four and five years old, and they fit just fine in the car. We actually took the car on vacation earlier this year to Florida. Packed the hatch up, got a soft roof top cargo carrier and everything fit with some room to spare. We averaged 29mpg on the trip down and back, not too shabby with a loaded car and four people! The seats were fairly comfortable, thought after being in the car for six hours, we were a bit stiff. Overall this has been an excellent car, one of the best bang-for-your-buck vehicles out there IMHO. Unfortunately for the car, my wife just found out she is pregnant with our third, so this car just won't work anymore. I might have too look into the SHO, I'm hooked on these EcoBoost motors!"

Nice car, well equipped. Nice styling.

By on Monday, August 11, 2014

Pros: "Styling, Ride, Handling, fit and finish."

Cons: "Rear leg room, no rear floor mats."

"Leased this car to replace a leased 2012 Fusion SEL. OK this is less car than the Fusion which was one of the best cars I've ever had. The ride is a little more harsh, which was to be expected in a smaller lighter vehicle. But it is much better than the 2009 Honda Civic I traded last year for an Escape. The Civic was rough riding and very road noisy, This car handles nicely. Very sporty and not a lot of road noise. Only real complaints I have are the lack rear carpeted foor mats and the craftmanship of the leather seats was mediocre. All seat backs and cushions had varying degrees of wrinkles. I got the SE appearance package and the Winter package as I live in Michigan. Equipped with just those 2 packages I believe is the best value. I read all the complaints about Sync and MY FORD TOUCH. I haven't experienced those problems in either of my 2 Fords. Like all things electronic, reading the manuals and a little patience goes a long way."