2014 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $16,119 - $16,641.

10/7.0

7.3

Based on 424 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

7.5/10
    7.4/10
    7.6/10
    7.6/10

Really Poor Quality

By on Monday, April 07, 2014

Pros: "Good Style, Looks Fancy"

Cons: "HORRIBLE TRANSMISSION AND QUALITY"

"Ford really messed up with the transmission on this model year of the Focus. You literally feel like you are on a roller coaster. I have had a new clutch system and a brand new transmission put in (florida lemon law) and still have problems. If you want a smooth running, reliable car, don't get a 2012 Focus."

Fun to drive, great gas mileage

By on Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, great gas mileage"

Cons: "Would like to see a 2.3L 4 cyl. offered"

"Fun to drive, great gas mileage, good styling"

Just a very fun little car to drive...

By on Sunday, April 13, 2014

Pros: "w/FWD, handles well in sowy/icy weather."

Cons: "Moonroof inside cover comes just slightly open."

"Handles well. Excellent response. Takes a corner like it's on rails. The 2.0L engine is surprisingly quick w/good power. Really a sharp looking vehicle in Sterling Grey metallic w/the moon-roof & hatchback. 28 - 32 mpg. Just a very fun little car to drive."

Great little fast car!

By on Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Pros: "Handling, Power, and looks."

Cons: "None."

"I have never owned a compact car before but wanted somthing that is good on fuel but also fun to drive. So, I bought a 2014 Ford Focus St. So far this car has not let me down. It is really fun to drive and gives me great gas mileage. I get an average of 25 mpg and that's with hard driving. This car just loves the curves. I really can't find anything wrong with this car at all."

Very Nice Vehicle

By on Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Pros: "Great safety features and fun to drive."

"I purchased a 2014 Ford Focus FE and I have really enjoyed this car. This vehicle comes with many safety features. I was recently in an accident and not only did my airbags deploy, the motor shut itself off, the emergency blinkers were automatically engaged and the horn alarmed then the sync lady came over the speakers and said " I am attempting to call 911" This eased my mind in knowing that had I went over a mountain an no one seen me, they would have seen the blinking lights, heard the beeping horn and I would have know that 911 was being called even if I was unable to reach my phone. This is a very nice car and driving it is a pleasure. The gas mileage is awesome! I love my Ford Focus SE!"

power + grip + rally design + good MPG = awesome

By on Monday, August 25, 2014

Pros: "power, grip, rally car design, good MPG"

Cons: "price, options prices, SYNC"

"This is my daily commute car and I love it. I have been wanting a car this powerfull for many years now but could not aford it until now. I love the power that it brings when you put it to the test and the grip in curves. Being a rally race car fan myself, I love the way it looks and drives. It feels like I am in a race... yeah, I do step on it every time I drive it. Gas milage is good too. The car itself is a little pricy in my area, it would be great if the options were not so expensive. My only concern would be SYNC. It works great when it actually works, it just needs some tweeking that is all. Overall it meets expectations, but does not exceed expectations."

Great car

By on Thursday, May 22, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive,great on gas"

Cons: "Front console area a little tight"

"I bought my 2012focus with escape trade in.at first I didn't like the smaller cargo area,but now that I have adjusted from escape cargo,I love,love,it and the gas mileage is GREAT.the only draw back,is console area a little tight.this is a great car"

Sync with nav. excellent,better than uconnect .

By on Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Pros: "price could be lower."

Cons: "cup holders should be a little bigger."

"The transmission is a learning tranny. and works great. People do not seem to know hot to use the sync system It works great. It is a small car ride is fine. sports suspension works very well. I have the 2013 titanium hatchback."

handling that saved my life

By on Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Pros: "as it states great price and fun to drive"

Cons: "needs some place to keep my pens and phone #s."

"this car has never given me a problem. I have been into the dealership for all of the check ups. on time, that can save you money and your life. I was driving on 95 in an area of new construction. one of the large barriers was sticking out. my rear tire caught the protrusion and tossed the car up. I was able to control and pull to the side of the road. thank you ford"

Little red focus

By on Thursday, March 13, 2014

Pros: "Great mps fun to drive"

Cons: "Lots of funny noises and poping"

"I bought my 2012 ford focus used with 8000 miles on it. when I first got it there was a thumping in the front end after 3 trips to the dealership I got a new strut. Other than that I have had it hit 53 mpg on the highway. it is lots of fun to drive in the mountains or any where for that matter."

I love my ST2!

By on Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Pros: "Engine "pep" Tangerine Scream color. Recaro seats"

Cons: "Lower gas mileage than projected"

"I traded a V6 Mustang for my ST2. Very "peppy" turbocharged engine. Sync has worked well so far. Great on long drives. Gas mileage does not match what is projected on the window sticker."

Great car for the money

By on Saturday, January 19, 2013

Pros: "fuel milage, great ride for smaller car."

Cons: "None so far"

"Traded my 2006 Focus SE for this new Focus SE and so far it meeting all my expectations. Had to take someone to the Orlando airport which was 190 miles roundtrip and average 39.1 mpg."

My 3rd car ever (after driving 20 years)

By on Thursday, June 28, 2012

Pros: "Head turner, fun to drive, stylish, gas mileage"

"Sleek, stylish, very reactive and comfortable ride. Turns heads, and makes you love to drive again."

Loving it

By on Friday, July 15, 2011

Pros: "Quality interior, supportive leather seats, My Ford Touch, gas mileage, drives great"

Cons: "Could use one more small storage area up front"

"Finally a small car with excellent gas mileage that has both style and a quality interior. The 6-speed automatic manual transmission has been smooth and flawless and I especially like the Sport mode. The My Ford Touch (MFT) has also performed without error for me. The soft touch material, upscale materials in the Titanium, excellent supportive leather seating, along with driving performance have made the Ford Focus Titanium an successful alternative to pricier semi-luxury vehicles along with improved gas mileage. The hatch, while 7 inches shorter than the Sedan, provides the same interior room and much more versatility when it comes to storage space. I found everything I wanted option wise without having to give up gas mileage to get it and at a substantially lower price. I was initially worried that this car wouldn’t have enough power, but I’ve found the performance of the 160 horsepower engine to me more than adequate when it comes to power. I’m very pleased with my purchase."

Great car for commuting and for road trips!

By on Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Pros: "affordable, good mileage, big trunk, stylish, fun to drive"

Cons: "needs a little more room in the backseat, SYNC needs a hearing aid"

"I bought this car for commuting, then found I like to drive it on the weekends also. My wife likes to drive it and I've received many positive compliments from others who see it and admire it. I thought it would get good mileage and I was right. I has been averaging 34 MPG during some bad commute days - two hours each way every work day. It has nice features and a few little quirks. The transmission makes a little noise when shifting at low speeds, but no problems on the freeway. The interior is nice, but a little cramped for adults in the back seat. The trunk is HUGE. The styling is nice. SYNC needs a little work to understand commands - especially when there is road noise. Also, the turn-by-turn navigation just can't keep up when downtown or driving near high-rise buildings -- all minor stuff overall."

A very good car for commuters

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, good sound system, no cheap feel."

Cons: "Lack of storage, a little pricey for a compact car"

"I commute 45 miles each way to work. I needed a car that would get good mileage and be comfortable to sit in for extended periods. The Focus is both of these and much more. I am currently averaging 37 mpg (3 fill ups so far). The front seats are very comfortable, but the driver seat lacks an adjustable lumbar support (in the SE version I own). I use a small towel roll to make up the difference. The car has plenty of power, accelerating and shifting smoothly. The audio system (6 speaker with SIRIUS) is more than adequate for the average audiophile, reproducing wonderful sound. The hand controls on the steering wheel were confusing at first, but now are very convenient and intuitive. The only ammenity that I find lacking in this car is the absence of "cubbies." I have no real good place to put all of my... goodies. The glove box is very spacious. The center console is smallish. The cup holders in front are smallish. The door panels seem to have adequate space. But that is it. Can I live with this small flaw? Absolutely. It the car a blast to drive? You're darn tootin' it is. It handles corners like more expensive BMW's or VW's. It feels substancial and refined, yet nimble. Nothing about this car seems cheep or poorly made. The two words I can say: Buy one!"

Ford should have produced more of these babies!

By on Friday, July 22, 2011

Pros: "$tops on a dime and so quite the built in phone is easy blue tooth cool!"

Cons: "View of surrounding traffic hard to judge due to sleek styling, get used to using mirrors."

"You will need to rely on the mirrors...the view from the cockpit is limited to the rear but Ford did provide dual rear view mirrors to help. Interior appointments are more like the high end mid-sized although you will need to dish out more $ if you want electric seats. A pump style seat lever is all the SEL brings to the plate but how many times does one need to adjust the seating to gain mpg and styling the Focus SEL Hatchback is packing. I am stoked to have bought the only one within 500miles of Salt Lake or Tallahassee."

Used 2012 Focus SEL Sedan

By on Friday, December 28, 2012

Pros: "The Interior, Exterior, Radio and Exceleration."

Cons: "Nothing for 5,000 so far."

"I bought the car at the end of October. I got it used and acordding to car facts it was a rental car. I got the car at 32,400 miles and currently have 38,000. I drive 75 + miles a day 7 days a week at times and I honestly love this car. I had a 2006 Toyota Corolla prior to this car and I liked the Toyota but it always felt cramped and like I never had enough power to get on and off the highway. I have had the car for 2 months now with a lot of driving and having people in the back seat regularly. So far I have not had an issue with their not being enoughg room even though one of my friends is 6'3" and had plenty of head room. I love the SYNC system and learned it very qucikly. I do understand where people are coming from with the tranny. But I have not had any issues with it. It accelerates very nicely and has incredible brakes. I love this car and enjoy the leather seats, moon roof,SYNC and it looks like a sports car instead of a gas sipper. I plan to keep it for quite some time and I LOVE this car!!!"

Fun and affordable

By on Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Pros: "fair price and a comfortable ride"

Cons: "sync can be difficult to use if no one shows you"

"I've had my focus for the last 7 months. I am a single guy and it has been a great car so far. Very comfortable, fun and affordable. I achieved 40 mpg on my way to San Fransico, with 3 other people in the car. They mentioned that they were comfortable as well and thats almost a 600 mile round-trip. Overall I am impressed with the quality, the quietness and efficiency of the vehicle."

Overall, it's a Good Car, not what I want.

By on Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Pros: "Looks, SYNC ,MPG, Price, Handling, Interior is A++"

Cons: "Dual Clutch Auto, Comfort, Back Seat Foot Room"

"I owned a 2007 Ford Explorer 4x4 before I bought this, and the change has been drastic! It is a very nice car. I test drove a 2012 Honda Civic Coupe, as well as a 2013 Mazda3, and this performs better than both. The handling and steering is very impressive, with wide tires, it grips the corners very well. I feel very confident with the steering, however the Dual Clutch Automatic Transmission(DCAT) can be the best/worst thing for the Focus. It grinds, and throws you in to 2nd gear, unsuspectingly, at low speeds, and has a pretty hard time, stutering at sudden "stop and goes"(i.e california stops), it very well drives like a manual transmission(due to the dual cluth automatic), which like I said, can be a good and bad thing. I also should mention that due to the fact that there is not a torque converter- the Focus can roll backwards on an incline. The car will hold on the brake for 3-5 seconds after letting off the brake in such instances(until you accelerate) but if you don't accelerate, it will let off the brake and you will roll backwards. It doesn't always detect there is an incline(it's pretty good about it) but I've run into instances where I was worried I'd roll into the car behind me because he was too close). The hill mode is nice, esp when going down an incline, instead of braking, push this button, and the transmission will downshift when it detects the car is gaining speed down a a hill. The car looks awesome, and I constantly get complements! But I miss the height and comfort of my Explorer. I would trade back down to one if I wasn't so upside down on this purchase. The PRO's outweigh the CON's, but you will have to learn how to drive this car- Once you do it is a blast to drive. But if you pick this car apart, like I did the first six months of ownership, you will hate his car. It is a very affordable car, and with cheaper cars, you can't hold the same expectations as you would a Cadillac. It's not going to happen for under $25,000K in this class, but you can get a car with alot of gadgets and cool styling! I drove an Explorer before this, so I'm going to obviously rate the Comfort Low, but if your used to it, then you'll love it. Fords are very reliable with my experiences. And the Quality of the Focus is MUCH higher than that of it's competiters(Cruze, Dart, Corolla, Civic, Mazda3). On a side note, There are not alot of cup holders on this car. 2 on the console, and the doors have a space for a water bottle. And the Console is very small compared to the one I was used to."

Great with the manual transmission

By on Thursday, January 05, 2012

Pros: "great price, fun to drive, good fuel economy"

Cons: "rear leg room, folding of rear seats"

"We have the SE sports package sedan with 5 spd manual transmission. The stick shift is sweet. I have been driving manuals for 30 years and this is probably better than any. The car handles superbly! Fuel economy has been very good as we don't drive over 70 mph. 38 highway,34 mixed driving . We love the styling of the interior and exterior; however, improvements can be made for comfort. The rear seat room needs a couple of inches more. I am tall and though there is ample legroom for the driver, the center console juts in a little too much for right knee comfort. Also the rear headrests should fold in so that the rear seat can fold properly. Overall so far, we love this car. We think it was an excellent value!"

Good vehicle - good value - good gas mileage

By on Saturday, January 28, 2012

Pros: "good value, good gas mileage, good ride"

Cons: "back leg room, cup holders, dash storage"

"My wife and I bought the 4 dr sedan model without all the bells and whistles several months ago with just basic options. Paid extra for the more fuel efficient model. We also got the tan interior (still has some black and gray in it), we didn't want black and were tired of gray. We chose this car after looking at Toyotas, Nissans, Subarus, and Hyundais. This car was more reasonably priced except for the Hyundai Elantra which beat it. The Elantra beat out the Focus in my mind for value with more bells and whistles being standard, and a much better warranty but we do not have a Hyundai dealer close by (nearest is an hour away) so the Ford won out. So far we have been pleased with the car overall. The ride is smooth, it is much quieter inside than our last car which was in the same class. Pros: Smooth and quiet ride - trunk has good space - front and back seats are comfortable good leg room in the front radio/clock controls different but not hard to use - controls on the steering wheel for radio and digital information readout are convenient - price was less expensive than most other cars in this class - gas mileage around town has been great - 31.2 miles per gallon our highest so far (no trips on open highway miles yet to check that) - enjoyable to drive easy to see spot mirrows on the outside mirrors - body styling - less expensive 16 inch tires instead of the bigger more expensive tires found on other models - good interior and instrument lighting Cons: Not much leg room in the back seat - adio/clock controls take up so much space - standard radio okay but could be better soundwise - no storage space in middle of dash/console like other cars we've had - cup holders in front console too close together for large fast-food cups to fit without hitting each other - cup holders in back built into door - won't take anything but small cup - are awkward - automatic transmission is jerky at times when in low gear - when you start adding on options this car can be pretty expensive - no light for ignition switch We like this car but the cons I've listed make us wonder if we should have bought the Elantra instead. If Ford would improve the things I listed above and make some of the additional options standard and icreased the warranty this car could have taken the Car of the Year Award and would sell like hotcakes. Overall we would recomment this car if you are looking for one is this class."

My Touch makes life EASY

By on Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Pros: "Great technology. Fun to Drive. Great fuel economy."

Cons: "needs more storage nooks for devices in the front."

"A lot of people have made negative comments about the Ford My Touch system. After owning the system for 5,000 miles. I have a very different opinion. Every review I have read has missed the whole point of this system. The 8.5 inch touch screen is the SECONDARY way to control things. The PRIMARY way is to use your VOICE. With out taking your hands off of the wheel, you have complete control of the radio, climate control, your phone and nav if you have it. On a typical car, if you are listening to station 10 on Sirius and you want to switch to 117, you have to punch in the numbers or spin a knob. With My Touch, I just say, "117". While the back seat is tight, the front is not cramped at all. It feels like one of the widest cars in its class. My only quibble is that the dual clutch trans is clearly programmed biased toward fuel economy and can be slow to downshift sometimes."

Stay Away From This Car

By on Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Pros: "Styling is dead on, Lot's of features for price"

Cons: "Transmission has issues that Ford won't resolve."

"I purchased this 2012 Focus about 3 weeks ago and while it drove nice off the dealer lot after it warmed up and during city driving the car began to shudder when taking off from a stop. I took it to the dealer and they confirmed the shudder I was feeling, They contacted Ford and they stated it was normal. How many of you would care to purchase a car that shudders when taking off from a stop and then would you consider it normal? I talked to Ford Customer Service and that was just a waste of a phone call. In a time when we really have to pinch our pennies it just shock's me that a company such as Ford would not offer any assistance to the customer. There is also issues on some with the electronic power steering and people are finding they have to fight hard to get these vehicles fixed. As a new potential owner do you really want to take a chance and hope that you get a good one? Ford stated that thes issues are isloated incidents but yet they turn right around and say it is normal. How can something be a isloated incident and normal at the same time? Ford has lost my business and while this car is very nice in the looks and style department if you have issues after 2 days off the lot and they refuse to fix it I doubt it is really worth owning."

Ignore the negative reviews about this car!!!

By on Thursday, February 27, 2014

I want this car

Pros: "Ford didn't take a bailout"

Cons: "People who abuse kbb..lol"

"I was looking at all the negative comments about this car and there all from the same group of people who hate on Ford just look at the user names at the top. Hate Ford,GM and a few made up names all from somebody in North Carolina (nc) lol it took me a min to catch on hope this review helps. Ford rules because it didn't take bail out money."