2013 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $17,186 - $17,755.

10/7.1

7.4

Based on 312 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

7.4/10
    7.6/10

good milage but would not purchase again

By on Friday, September 19, 2014

Pros: "gas milage"

Cons: "6 speed auto transmission very quirky"

"six speed transmission is very noisy and jerky in low speeds,gas milage is great but would not buy this car again,poor resale value."

Not recommeded

By on Friday, September 19, 2014

"I disposed of my 2013 Ford Focus on 9-15-14 at a loss. I experienced all of the transmission issues already mentioned jerking, accelerating, nearly stalling and almost getting struck when entering an intersection and the transmission simply stopped giving forward movement. I was always told it is suppose to run like that. At a 35000 mile oil change I was told a seal between the transmission and engine had failed and oil had leaked from the engine. It was repaired and I was then told about a surprise extended warranty on the part and associated parts from Ford only Ford did not say anything until a week after the repair. All of the shuddering eventually started back up again and on 9-14-14 I noticed a burnt rubber smell from the car. I realized it had always been burning rubber but I always convinced myself it was another vehicle next to mine. Mine was new and it couldn't be mine. I strongly recommend against buying a Ford Focus."

THOUGHT I was getting a great car

By on Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Pros: "cute, fun to drive, good mileage, resonable price"

Cons: "numerous mechanical and electrical problems"

"I bought this car just 8 months ago, Cute, fun to drive, good mileage, resonable price and good reviews..,MSRP is 24000 andI got it for 21000.. it currently has 15000 miles and is already in the shop for numerous electronic clitches, transmission problems, etc, etc. Now I check the value (again the car is not even a year old) and obviously it does not retain any value what so ever!! It is only worth $14,000 trade in and $17,000 for a private sell. I still owe $16,000.00. Guess I shouldn't have dropped the GAP insurance. DO NOT BUY THIS CAR!!!!! IT IS JUNK!!!"

Great car, great price

By on Monday, September 15, 2014

Pros: "Fuel economy, handling, comfort, powertrain"

Cons: "Rear visibility"

"This sub-$20000 car handles like it should cost twice as much as it does. It hugs the road like no other small car and the DCT transmission is amazing, it's one of my favorite powertrains. Haven't seen any issues other than a couple of computer re flashes to perfect the performance of the transmission, which is to be expected of a newer technology. The only complaint I have with the car is rear visibility. I'm glad the refreshed 2015 model will come standard with a rear view camera."

Lemon?

By on Sunday, September 14, 2014

Pros: "Nice when it works"

Cons: "Totally unreliable."

"The battery on our Ford Focus EV has died repeatedly. This is an incredible inconvenience and for that reason I would steer consumers away from the car. At first, when the battery died at stop lights, we were told we needed a software update, which seemed to fix the problem for a few months. Now, the battery has died again and can't even be charge if we can get the car home. Also, the Sync system fails repeatedly. Loaner cars aren't a substitute because they do not have a car pool lane sticker. I now think the car is a lemon."