• 2014 Compact Car Buyer's Guide

2013 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $17,899 - $18,458.

10/7.1

7.4

Based on 302 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

7.6/10
    7.5/10
    7.6/10
Previous | 1 ... 58 59 60 61 | Next

Junk.

By on Wednesday, October 26, 2011

I don't own this car

"Got to drive one of these the other day. Boy, is it junk. Transmission shakin' and shutterin' all the time. It was also EXTREMELY underpowered. You'd think a Company as old as Ford would have it right by now...Guess not. Salesman asked me what was wrong and said this car was "best in class"....LOL SURE!!! I couldn't stop laughing after he said that."

Solid car with great styling and handling

By on Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pros: "handling, styling, mpg"

Cons: "noisy engine, transmission roughness, A/C, vents"

"Really like the handling and styling of the vehicle. Great driving position and allows good visibility of the road. Back seat is small for adults but hatchback provides decent luggage/grocery space. Transmission/engine is a little noisy at low speeds and when starting out. Air conditioning struggles to cool the vehicle at anything but max A/C and adjustability of vents is lacking, but both minor issues. Fun to drive and for a small car I don't think you could expect much more from the interior/exterior styling. The mechanical parts of the vehicle are real close to being great but could use a little tweeking."

Great car for commuting and for road trips!

By on Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Pros: "affordable, good mileage, big trunk, stylish, fun to drive"

Cons: "needs a little more room in the backseat, SYNC needs a hearing aid"

"I bought this car for commuting, then found I like to drive it on the weekends also. My wife likes to drive it and I've received many positive compliments from others who see it and admire it. I thought it would get good mileage and I was right. I has been averaging 34 MPG during some bad commute days - two hours each way every work day. It has nice features and a few little quirks. The transmission makes a little noise when shifting at low speeds, but no problems on the freeway. The interior is nice, but a little cramped for adults in the back seat. The trunk is HUGE. The styling is nice. SYNC needs a little work to understand commands - especially when there is road noise. Also, the turn-by-turn navigation just can't keep up when downtown or driving near high-rise buildings -- all minor stuff overall."

best bang for the buck

By on Sunday, September 11, 2011

Pros: "quality,value,performance gas mileage"

Cons: "no manual option on titanium model"

"Have bought almost 20 new cars in my life,for the money this is one of my favorites,wanted to buy american so traded in my 07 civic si no regrets the ford quality and refinement continues to surprise me,don't believe the hype about ford my touch its awsome and works well,if ur tech savvy its a breeze to learn. Gas mileage is awesome 40 highway,,ps I recomend titanium edition has all the bells and whistles"

Stay Away From This Car

By on Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Pros: "Styling is dead on, Lot's of features for price"

Cons: "Transmission has issues that Ford won't resolve."

"I purchased this 2012 Focus about 3 weeks ago and while it drove nice off the dealer lot after it warmed up and during city driving the car began to shudder when taking off from a stop. I took it to the dealer and they confirmed the shudder I was feeling, They contacted Ford and they stated it was normal. How many of you would care to purchase a car that shudders when taking off from a stop and then would you consider it normal? I talked to Ford Customer Service and that was just a waste of a phone call. In a time when we really have to pinch our pennies it just shock's me that a company such as Ford would not offer any assistance to the customer. There is also issues on some with the electronic power steering and people are finding they have to fight hard to get these vehicles fixed. As a new potential owner do you really want to take a chance and hope that you get a good one? Ford stated that thes issues are isloated incidents but yet they turn right around and say it is normal. How can something be a isloated incident and normal at the same time? Ford has lost my business and while this car is very nice in the looks and style department if you have issues after 2 days off the lot and they refuse to fix it I doubt it is really worth owning."

Previous | 1 ... 58 59 60 61 | Next