2013 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $17,888 - $18,469.

10/7.1

7.4

Based on 307 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

7.5/10

Worst car

By on Saturday, September 01, 2012

Pros: "Computer screen is large."

Cons: "Transmission is absolutely terrible. Price high."

"We owned a 2007 Focus and it was loaded. Very nice car. We just bought 2012 Focus SEL manufacture date 11/11. Transmission is terrible. Engine revved to 2000 rpm before the car would even move. Tends to fish tail when you can get it up to speed. Seats seem a little firm. Transmission problem was supposed to have been fixed by TSB 11-10-2 in the Focus 2012 but seems they have done a poor job. I test drove an SE model at another dealership base model seemed very tight inside. I didn't notice the problem with the transmission. At present I agree with John CA. If you do purchase this car make sure you test drive the one you are purchasing. I also owned a plum Taurus at one time 1990. That year had transmission issues but I never had any problem with mine. I drove it until it was just too expensive to repair, really liked that car."

Focus spelled correctly: L E M O N

By on Saturday, September 01, 2012

Reason: Lemon, Ford settled and bought back

Pros: "Looked pretty sitting in driveway"

Cons: "Was a complete nightmare"

"Was fun to drive and looked awesome: WHEN IT WAS WORKING! 7 months of my life gone (arbitration hearings, phone calls, trips to the shop, etc etc) and thousands of dollars spent on legal representation, and now I'm finally out of the car. Had a vibration at speeds of 45 to 60 mph, was mind-numbing. Wheel bearings replaced twice, front axle shaft replaced, two sets of tires, and a power steering failure to boot. Ford lost a loyal customer here. Good riddance! Would have rated a 0 overall if I could have."

Horrible car!!!

By on Saturday, August 25, 2012

"It may sound funny but i have not seen all the complaints until the last couple of weeks. I wish I did before buying this car. I've owned many small ford sedans before, but this has been by far the worst because of its transmission. It's almost embarrassing to drive this car in town. I've had so many problems with the car shuddering and not wanting roll. Strange sounds of clattering and clunking from what sounds like the clutches and heat issues with the transmission. I've made so many complaints and have had many updated and repairs made on this car. I just wish I had bought something different now."

Manual + No MFT = Inexpensive Fun

By on Monday, August 20, 2012

Pros: "Price, handling, fun factor, interior comfort"

Cons: "Interior room, so-so radio"

"The base SE hatch, which comes with a manual transmission and without MyFord Touch, delivers 35+ combined mpg, quick and light handling, and fun styling inside and out for a very reasonable price (ours was less than $17,000 with discounts and bargaining). The manual transmission is smooth, and the engine packs plenty of power. It's not a sports car, but still lots of fun to drive. The stock 16" wheels combine with a well-tuned suspension to provide plenty of grip and stability; the Focus corners better than our new Impreza, which also handles quite well. On the interior: dashboard and steering wheel controls are logical and easy to learn, and the information available spans a broad range. We could sync a smartphone if we had one; we don't miss the navigation, voice commands, and other tech of MFT. We're very happy with the comfortable seats and their durable cloth covers. Cabin is a bit cozy but nicely styled. Only drawbacks: base radio sound lacks depth, and the globe box connection for iPod/iPhone is clunky. Oh, and the visibility is not as good as in the Impreza, especially to the rear. But overall, we love this car for darting in and around town and for medium-length trips (up to 4 hours). If it was also a good snow car, it would be close to perfect."

Love the car!

By on Sunday, August 19, 2012

Pros: "Good price, smooth ride, great clutch"

Cons: "none I've found yet"

"After driving a '06 Cobalt for well over a year, this car is a complete breath of fresh air! One of very few cars I was able to find in a manual transmission, it shifts very smooth, gets great mileage and overall is an amazing car. Absolutely in love with it, and would recommend it to friends and family."