• 2014 Compact Car Buyer's Guide

2013 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $17,902 - $18,455.

10/7.1

7.4

Based on 302 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

7.6/10
    7.5/10
    7.6/10

It's been a great car

By on Sunday, September 08, 2013

Pros: "Fuel economy and handling is great !"

Cons: "Driver side door gasket does not hold up."

"Do a lot of driving for work mostly highway average 33.4 MPG. Has been very reliable in the 2.5 years I've owned it."

Great Value

By on Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Pros: "Luxury options at an economy price"

Cons: "160 HP is a little light for my driving style."

"Fun car to drive, with as advertised fuel mileage and real eye appeal. Car enthusiasts are constantly giving positive, unsolicited comments. The only mods done are cosmetic. A waist line pin stripe and red caliper paint to offset the beautiful black paint job from the factory. The leather seats are comfortable even on an all-day drive. The controls are well placed and the Ford Sync is an interesting toy. The backup camera should always be part of the hatchback package, it works well even in the dark. The extra pass from the wipers when cleaning is genius."

Best vehicle ever

By on Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Pros: "i love every thing!!"

"Its been 28000 miles on the road and about a year and i love this car it is really reliable. I have test drive the dart, cruze, civic, and the mazda but the focus wins hands down"

Great sporty car for a small family! ST2 package

By on Saturday, August 23, 2014

"Bought this car back in the beginning of February, 2014 and absolutely love it! I did have an issue with the steering from day one, however. It had that twitchy/loose off center issue and it would overcorrect constantly. Quick trip to the dealership and they ordered a new steering rack and swapped it out, no more problems (all completed under warranty). I drive about 30 miles round trip for work and I average around 26-27mpg, even getting onto it a couple times everyday. The car isn't what I would call fast, but it is snappy and very quick in stock form, even more so when you add a tune to it! It handles like no other FWD car out there. It's a bizarre feeling to through this car into a corner and you can feel the back end kicking out as though it is a RWD car. All of which is very welcome when you're pushing it through mountain roads. I have two children, four and five years old, and they fit just fine in the car. We actually took the car on vacation earlier this year to Florida. Packed the hatch up, got a soft roof top cargo carrier and everything fit with some room to spare. We averaged 29mpg on the trip down and back, not too shabby with a loaded car and four people! The seats were fairly comfortable, thought after being in the car for six hours, we were a bit stiff. Overall this has been an excellent car, one of the best bang-for-your-buck vehicles out there IMHO. Unfortunately for the car, my wife just found out she is pregnant with our third, so this car just won't work anymore. I might have too look into the SHO, I'm hooked on these EcoBoost motors!"

Steady runner

By on Friday, June 13, 2014

"I've owned this car for a year - so far I had no mechanical problems and it's been a steady runner for highway trips. However, when it comes to comfort, and anything remotely "fancy" - this is not even slightly the car for you. Top issues that I've had with this car: - driving dynamics. this car has very low maneuverability! I'm not a race car driver, but when I'm trying to get out of a bad corner on the way from daycare in rush hour, I want to be confident this car can get up and go. It chokes first, then gradually speeds up. So, no short passes, quick maneuvers at all, period. - this car has the most uncomfortable passenger seat ever!! the glove box is where your knees are and there is no way you can move far enough to get comfy - regardless how tall/big/skinny you are. never mind the fact that the backseat size is really small (choose car seats wisely). Trunk size is good though. - sound system. okay, i know i was getting the base model but really?? really?? I have a $4 speaker at home that hooks up to my phone or laptop via bluetooth which sounds MUCH better than this system. $4!! - this car has only 2 cup holders for driver, no other accommodations. you also won't find an ash tray there. oh, and AUX is in the glovebox - look closely. I do like: - blind spot mirrors - safety release in the trunk - cheap parts if repair needed - so far, consistency and reliability. - LOVE gas mileage. The most I was able to get out of it was 37.5 (above manufacturer's ratings) - that was highway miles for a few days. Currently mix of city\highway - 31.1. Love it. - I do like that it blends in - sometimes it's just handy :)"

Great car...good for around town or short commutes

By on Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Pros: "Handles well, easy to park/drive"

Cons: "No power windows in back seat"

"Would be good car for college/HS student. I have really liked the car. I chose it over a Toyota. Even though it's better around town, it still holds its own on the highway...I have no complaints about it."

Fun to drive, great gas mileage

By on Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, great gas mileage"

Cons: "Would like to see a 2.3L 4 cyl. offered"

"Fun to drive, great gas mileage, good styling"

Just a very fun little car to drive...

By on Sunday, April 13, 2014

Pros: "w/FWD, handles well in sowy/icy weather."

Cons: "Moonroof inside cover comes just slightly open."

"Handles well. Excellent response. Takes a corner like it's on rails. The 2.0L engine is surprisingly quick w/good power. Really a sharp looking vehicle in Sterling Grey metallic w/the moon-roof & hatchback. 28 - 32 mpg. Just a very fun little car to drive."

Great, fun, well designed

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Pros: "good value, great handling, manual transmission"

Cons: "sync infotainment is mostly good, but has some bug"

"I have owned this vehicle for a couple of months now, and have really liked it thus far. I test drove both the automatic and manual transmissions, and found the manual transmission to be very easy and fun to drive. I have really come to like the manual transmission. The automatic transmission has had more mixed reviews, so I opted for the manual and am really glad I did. The car is very responsive, handles well and is quite fun to drive. No real issues thus far other than a reset that was required with the sync infotainment system. The interior and driver controls are very well thought out. Attention to details like the blind spot mirrors integrated into the side mirrors really make a noticeable difference in the overall driving experience of the car. The focus has plenty of power, yet gets really good gas mileage. I do all city driving going to and from work, and have been averaging 28 mpg."

I love it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By on Friday, March 14, 2014

Pros: "Great M.P.G, sporty, fun to drive, head turner."

Cons: "NONE, NONE, NONE, NONE, NONE, NONE, NONE, NONE"

"I bought a Titanium Sedan a week ago and love it. Granted I only put 200 miles on it so far but, I have no complaints. I laughed at all the reviews on here about the transmission. WELL if you would of read reviews on the car you'd know about the transmission. I noticed it shifts different then my 2002 Grand Prix BUT, hey they're different cars. I really don't see anything wrong with the shifting. It's a Focus not a Caddy or Jag. Do your homework people before you buy a car. I have 3 friends who own one too and they're not complaining about the transmission. Bought it in Performance Blue and it's a head turner, car has a lot of pep for a compact. seats are comfortable, everything is within easy reach, great gas mileage."