2013 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $17,935 - $18,554.

10/7.1

7.3

Based on 324 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

7.5/10
    7.4/10
    7.6/10
    7.6/10
Previous | 1 ... 10 11 12 13 | Next

More to come!

By on Sunday, July 29, 2012

Pros: "Looks fun and sporty and good gas mileage"

Cons: "We will see:)"

"I really wanted a Detroit made car. I’ve never owned a new Ford so i want to give it a try. The Focus SE looks cool (got the metallic black) and good gas mileage which I need for my daily commute. I am exited about it. I came very close to walking out on the deal due to the transmission felt "weird" but hey..a discount and 0% financing was hard to turn down. I have commuted >100 miles a day for 20 years and I have only been left on the road 2X because of car failure. I will use that as baseline on the Focus SE. I really want this car to work for me. I just bought it yesterday. Will I be disappointed? I will come back to the site and give an honest update in 1K miles."

Would NOT recommend this car to ANYONE!

By on Saturday, July 28, 2012

Pros: "look"

Cons: "transmission"

"I purchased the 2012 ford focus in june of 2011. When I first bought my car, I couldnt be more happier; however, my opinion has since changed. Firstly, the transmission is awful,it constantly feels like it's slipping and is very jerky. If you want a smooth ride, DO NOT GET THIS CAR. Also, the focus shutters whenever your foot is on the break and you release and begin to press the gas. There was already a recall for the transmission module among other things. I have taken my car to the ford dealer for shutter problem five times and they still have yet to fix the problem. The car is not worth the money."

Such a lemon

By on Friday, July 27, 2012

Pros: "It looks good, visibility is good, and seats."

Cons: "Over priced, unreliable, transmission."

"We bought our Ford Focus 4 months ago thinking it was a good idea because of gas prices. Turns out it was the worst idea. The first month we had it, it was great! But then a month later the air kept cutting in and out. We took it to the dealership and they said it was probably the sensor and told us to come back when the air wasn't working. A few weeks later went to put it in drive but it didn't go into drive. Sat there for a few mins shifting it from park to drive a few times and finally worked. Turns out it had a bad clutch. They also found that it had bad struts since it was causing clattering noises whenever we turned. Took them a few days and they replaced the clutch and the struts. 2 days after that the air when't out and it overheated. Took it back again and it was a plug that was not latched in. So far we have had the struts and the clutch replaced. the air went out and overheated because of a plug. and as I am writing this it is in the shop again because everytime you accelerate it makes a grinding noise and when you brake it makes a poping noise. Asked ford to swap it out because of the lemon law and ford said they would not do anything about it. Now talking to a lemon law lawyer. Sad that ford does not want to back there product."

College Student

By on Sunday, July 22, 2012

Pros: "techy, firm, sporty"

Cons: "small back seat, few storage areas"

"I am a college student and my Ford Focus now has 1000 miles. What can I say, I absolutely love my car. I am a car enthusiast and come from a family who has owned Fords since the 1980s. The transmission takes getting used to but once you know how it performs the ride is good. I got my Focus in silver and let me tell you it is a head-turner. Learn how the transmission shifts and you will see the power and economy work."

The price is excellent

By on Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Pros: "I was able to purchase the car for under 15,000."

Cons: "listed in the review."

"11/01 I purchased a ford focus and the car lasted until 7/12. I purchased the car for $12,000. This car served me well, although I must admit in 2006 I had to replace the transmission after a car accident, when someone rammed me in the back. Based on the car's history, I was eager to purchase another ford focus for 2012. Unfortunately, this car is horrible. Firstly, there is very little trunk space. Secondly, there is absolutely, no leg room in the back, but perhaps what is most important is that the transmission is awful. I live in N.C. which is very hilly and this car has problems when climbing hills and accelerating into merging traffic, which is important in this state, since the merge lanes are short and abrupt. There is more that I can say that is wrong w/this car, but those are my most important issues. I must admit that I was rather surprised that they did not offer the car in navy blue, which is a standard color. I know this is a minor issue."

Good ride, quiet, lots of gadgets, nice looking

By on Saturday, July 14, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, smooth engine, good handling, cool"

Cons: "None so far."

"1k miles, nice, get used to the trans it is different, once you know how it performs you work your way into it. rides nice, no problems, sync and nav work as expected, lots to learn, look at it all. got the candy red, get lots of looks, handles nice, turns are great at higher speeds, engine is quiet but has enough power, get a loaded one for all the bells SEL,leather, nav and winter package. rides and handles as nice as my 2010 nissan altima sedan and is quieter than it and a honda accord sedan. leather seats are nice, a little small in back seat. quality is there, the fit and finish were good. learn how the trans shifts and you will see the power and economy work well. city driving so far is about 27mpg. sport mode makes it fun to shift."

A very good car for commuters

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, good sound system, no cheap feel."

Cons: "Lack of storage, a little pricey for a compact car"

"I commute 45 miles each way to work. I needed a car that would get good mileage and be comfortable to sit in for extended periods. The Focus is both of these and much more. I am currently averaging 37 mpg (3 fill ups so far). The front seats are very comfortable, but the driver seat lacks an adjustable lumbar support (in the SE version I own). I use a small towel roll to make up the difference. The car has plenty of power, accelerating and shifting smoothly. The audio system (6 speaker with SIRIUS) is more than adequate for the average audiophile, reproducing wonderful sound. The hand controls on the steering wheel were confusing at first, but now are very convenient and intuitive. The only ammenity that I find lacking in this car is the absence of "cubbies." I have no real good place to put all of my... goodies. The glove box is very spacious. The center console is smallish. The cup holders in front are smallish. The door panels seem to have adequate space. But that is it. Can I live with this small flaw? Absolutely. It the car a blast to drive? You're darn tootin' it is. It handles corners like more expensive BMW's or VW's. It feels substancial and refined, yet nimble. Nothing about this car seems cheep or poorly made. The two words I can say: Buy one!"

Ford Focus problems!

By on Thursday, July 05, 2012

"Too many problems with my car. Rack and pinion was defective right from the factory, I've been having all the transmissions issues that all Focus owners have been complaining about. I don't understand why Ford has yet to fix this problem. I've been to the service department for the 6th time with a mix of complaints, recalls and for failed repairs. Nothing works! Now...Just yesterday, my instrument cluster (speedometer and RPM gauge) all stopped working. A month early, my A/C started having problems keeping cold with summer just getting started! It's back to the dealer I go. As someone that had never owned a Ford before, I REALLY wanted to like this car."

Excellent Car!

By on Tuesday, July 03, 2012

I want this car

Pros: "Tons of Room, Hatchback or Civic, Tons of Tech!"

Cons: "Rear Park Assist Requires MyFord Touch..."

"Test drove this car a week ago and really love how it drives. Excellent room even for a 6'1" person. Hatchback SEL offers tons of great features and looks great. Will be test driving again to really see how it drives (missed a couple of things...) and will try the SEL version (dealer only had SE version at the time :/)."

terrible transmission

By on Sunday, July 01, 2012

Pros: "none"

Cons: "bad transmission"

"the worst car i have purchased in 30 years, the transmission ruins it,"

Worst vehicle I have ever owned!

By on Friday, June 29, 2012

"I have never had great luck with a ford but wanted to give the focus a shot. Never again! I have had transmission problems from day 1 and even the recent recall on the transmission made it worse. It doesn't want to drive up a small hill must less a big one. It also has an odor to the car and from other reviews I have read this is a common problem with the interior. I have also had some electrical issues (ex. my radio turing itself up and down on its own)."

My 3rd car ever (after driving 20 years)

By on Thursday, June 28, 2012

Pros: "Head turner, fun to drive, stylish, gas mileage"

"Sleek, stylish, very reactive and comfortable ride. Turns heads, and makes you love to drive again."

What a pile of garabge MFT is.

By on Tuesday, June 26, 2012

"I've been holding back on reviewing this car becuase I wanted to give Ford some time to iron out bugs with their newsest Focus...Well, I've given Ford too much time! If anyone is looking for a small car, you have many better made cars being sold by the Koreans, Japanese and even with VW by the Germans. Ford's Myford Touch and their twin cltuch Powershift tranmission completely ruin this car. I have an attourney working to have Ford buy this thing back. I've become desperate to see this thing go."

I love everything about it.

By on Monday, June 25, 2012

Pros: "Impressive features and is very fun to drive."

"This car looks great and is sooo fun to drive. The features/equipment is impressive and not expected of a car at this price. The transmission took about 800mi to break in, was jerky and noisy at first...especially on steep hills but I read a bunch of reviews and advice and drove it at all speeds, did a lot of starting and stopping, pushed it on hills and it learned how to shift and got broke in. Was actually fun to see how the shifting improved each day. Now it shifts smooth and quiet and I have no more issues with it. This car handles great and is quiet and comfortable."

first ford I purchased since 1983 boy was I sorry

By on Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Reason: couldn't stand the dual automatic transmission

Pros: "great looking "pretty" car"

Cons: "transmission ,transmission ,transmission"

"I fell in love with the style, however the dual automatic transmission was where the love stopped.The car was great on the highway but in stop and go local traffic the transmission was terrible. It jerked,shuttered and on hills I thought it was going to roll backwards into the car behind me.I was avoiding all hills.When I complained to my salesman he told me it had to be broken in and if still having problem bring in for service after 1000or so miles.When I took to dealer I was told by service department that there was nothing wrong with it.I never would have bought this car if I knew this was the proper way this transmission worked.I purchased an automatic car not a manual.After I traded in my car I did receive a letter from Ford to bring the car to the dealer about the transmission problems.Whether the dealer is able to rectify the problem I'm not sure but for all the people that have a 2012 Automatic focus I certainly hope so."

Great car

By on Tuesday, June 19, 2012

"This is a great car. It gets 40 miles a gal.it drives great.However the trans.was sliping, jerking on take off,when i would stop it would slip out of gear and roll back when on a hill.However ford had a recall reset the computer.Now the trans. is working fine. I just want to say thanks to ford for makeing such a great car."

Exceeded my Expectations.

By on Monday, June 11, 2012

Pros: "Fuel efficient and fun to drive"

Cons: "Lack of a trunk relase other than the key button."

"I replaced a 1206 Mustang 6 with this car and haven't looked back. I have the SE with manual Tranny, Sport and Convenience Packages, but no other whistle and bells. The mileage is constantly between 36 and 40 Mpg, it handles as well as the Mustang at reasonable speeds and is a darn sight more comfortable. I'm 6'2 and have plenty of leg and headroom, the adjustable seat and steering wheel ensure any size driver should be accommodated. As for the engine, the little beauty loves to rev and maintaining the Freeway speeds seems effortless and quiet. Simply stated, I love this car."

BIG mistake!

By on Friday, June 08, 2012

Pros: "MPG"

Cons: "Transmission"

"Should have paid more attention to consumer reviews rather than the experts. Nothing but headaches with this automatic transmission. Dealer tranny tech says internal clutch is bad but also said Ford won't touch it until the car has 2000 miles on it to allow for a break in period. Wanted to give American auto maker a chance, bad idea. I will unload this mistake as soon as I am able and it's back to Honda or Toyota for me."

Love it!

By on Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Pros: "Price, Fun, economical and design"

Cons: "maybe a little more back leg room"

"Downsized from the Mercury Mountaineer to the 2012 Focus Hatchback, standard 1 year ago. After adjusting to the space difference, I love the vehicle. I don't hesitate to go places anymore as the fuel economy is so perfect. I have the Candy blue which gets more compliments. The car is fun to drive, I can still fit a ton of stuff in it and the Ford Sync is an awesome safety feature. I only wish it had cruise control. Thought that would be standard with all the other options we received. We are waiting for the after market cruise to become available."

One more Focus lemon

By on Thursday, May 24, 2012

"I have nothing to add to what the people complaining about this car have said. This car's junk. Ford's had too many chances to fix MyFord Touch bugs and all the other problems with the Focus. It's really sad because I can name many positives about this car. I've received many compliments on this car from people that don't own one, but little do they know about the many problems this car's had."

Solid with sporty look

By on Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Pros: "Best in class performance and handling w/ high MPG"

Cons: "Minor, not worth mentioning"

"I was looking for great MPG car with good price, handling and style. I looked at nearly all cars in this class and the Focus was the clear winner. It has BMW like feel with great sticker price and MPG. I got the 5 door for added utility. The SEL provides best value. There are some negative reviews on 6 speed dual clutch auto; however, it adds to MPG and ease of driving and I quickly got used to minor shifting lag, don't notice anymore. May be that I am used to it, but could be improvement with break-in as others have suggested. Minor nits on interior include rear seat that hits front seat when folding down and limited storage upfront."

awesomw

By on Friday, May 04, 2012

"Great car ,"

This is just not a good car.

By on Wednesday, May 02, 2012

"I've had all the problems with the transmission and MyFord Touch before the updates. The car's transmission performance upgrades aren't perfect, but the issues have mostly been resolved. I can live with the transmission, but the MFT is still a headache. The newest MFT upgrade cleared up some glitches and replaced them with others. This system is just hopeless. I've made numerous complaints about brake problems with this car, but the dealer can't seem to fix them. The interior materials are all facade to hide how poorly made the interiors is. This car squeaks and rattles more than any other car I've ever owned. The latest problem I'm having is was with electronics and gauges inexplicably not wanting to work. I don't know what to do with this car anymore."

Great little car!

By on Monday, April 30, 2012

Pros: "Gas milage, fun to drive, rides like a bigger car"

Cons: "needs more leg room in the rear seats"

"I came down from the Fusion Sport, so the gas milage in this little guy is awesome! It could use some more rear leg room and the cup holders are a bit awkward, but overall everything about this car is great. Well worth the extra money for the upgrades. The Ford Touch is cool!"

4DR SEL Sedan automatic - Great for the money

By on Saturday, April 14, 2012

Pros: "great price, mpg, sync, features"

Cons: "some road noise"

"I have owned my focus for 3 months and have 9,000 miles. I commute 130 miles per day. At 74mph I average 36.5mpg hwy and in the city I have never gotten less than 33mpg. I traded in a 2008 Lincoln MKZ and gained 12 mpg without losing any toys! I was already a fan of the sync system and couldn't imagine living without, even though sometimes it has issues connecting to my phone. There is some road noise but for the size better than expected. The leather seats are very comfortable with just enough support to make my long trips (350 miles) bearable. All in all I am very pleased with the focus, love the styling and the feel when driving. The steering is tight and I have not had any issues with the transmission. I would recommend this car to anyone looking for and inexpensive, nicely equiped stylish car."

Previous | 1 ... 10 11 12 13 | Next