2013 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $15,398 - $15,905.

10/7.1

7.3

Based on 317 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

7.5/10
    7.4/10
    7.6/10
    7.6/10

Good Looks but terrible Transmission

By on Thursday, September 25, 2014

Pros: "Good Looks"

Cons: "Transmission, cheap interior"

"The looks of this Vehicle are sharp but the Semi auto transmission is the worst I have ever driven, It chatters, jurks and clanks when changing gears and Ford says this is normal, NOT IN MY BOOK it's not. The interior is good looking but made of cheap plastic that scuffs and damages easily and road noise is bad, even for a compact. Ford really needs to recall this car and replace the transmission with something dependable."

Transmission problems

By on Monday, September 22, 2014

Pros: "Nice looks and good handling."

Cons: "Really bad Transmission"

"Own it for nine months, in the shop for 45 days and counting. We loved it at the car show, but disappointed with the car overall."

Run Away As Fast As You Can!

By on Monday, September 22, 2014

Pros: "the sound system still works for now"

Cons: "everything but the sound system"

"I bought this car brand new Nov. 2012 with 35 miles on it. It is now Sep. 2014, this car has been in the shop for transmission issues (still having them), spare tire was defective from factory so I had to have it towed in to have my flat tire replaced which turned into all 4 being replaced because they were wearing wrong at less than 10k miles, blend-door actuator has been replaced once and is still acting up, chrome plating was peeling off the steering wheel and was extremely sharp, and the engine idles very rough. This was my first brand new car, and I was really looking forward to it. I will NEVER buy another new car especially if it is a Ford! First impressions are important and this car has disappointed me in every way possible. I quit taking care of the car because personally it is not worth my time. If I had the money to pay it off I would, then I would drive it straight to the junk yard around the corner from me and pay them to crush it right then and there. This car is junk!"

WORST CAR EVER

By on Monday, September 22, 2014

Pros: "cute, compact, ok gas mileage"

Cons: "transmission, automatic computer shifting, clutch"

"have had this car for 2 years, the first 12000 miles was fine. smooth driving, no problems. within the last year i have taken it to the dealership 5 times for the same problem. the car is jerking/jolting from 1-2 and 2-3 gear. shakes and has just started making a grinding noise right after takeoff. i have been told by the service center that the car does it because of my driving! i have also been told by the service manager that if i were to get in an accident due to this problem it would not be a severe enough accident to hurt my family, it would probably just total the car ad that i should not worry. in that same meeting i was told ford is aware of the issues with these cars, they just do not know how to fix the problem and because the computers cannot duplicate the problem when they test it for 9 miles... there is nothing they can do to try to fix it. i was also told that because i have had the car for so long that i should know its qwerks and how to drive it to where i can avoid the shaking, jerking and grinding....worst car ever purchased!"

Great Hot Hatch

By on Monday, September 22, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, Fuel economy, sporty look"

Cons: "seats are tighter then expected and want all wheel"

"This is my first turbo charged 4 cylinder and it does not disappoint. I had a 2013 mustang and at times it was overwhelming as a daily commuter. I decided to get this car and I have enjoyed it to the fullest. Shifting is easy and plenty of passing power. Good fuel economy and nice handling. The seats take some getting used to and the ride is not the best through the city, but most sports cars ride rough through the city no matter what. On the Highway this car glides easy and if you dont lead foot the gas, you get great mileage. I never have gotten 32 mpg, I got 27 and 28 a few times, but expect 22-25. Overall great car and will probably give to my son as his first car."