2013 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $15,430 - $15,957.

10/7.1

7.4

Based on 292 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

7.5/10

Such a lemon

By on Friday, July 27, 2012

Pros: "It looks good, visibility is good, and seats."

Cons: "Over priced, unreliable, transmission."

"We bought our Ford Focus 4 months ago thinking it was a good idea because of gas prices. Turns out it was the worst idea. The first month we had it, it was great! But then a month later the air kept cutting in and out. We took it to the dealership and they said it was probably the sensor and told us to come back when the air wasn't working. A few weeks later went to put it in drive but it didn't go into drive. Sat there for a few mins shifting it from park to drive a few times and finally worked. Turns out it had a bad clutch. They also found that it had bad struts since it was causing clattering noises whenever we turned. Took them a few days and they replaced the clutch and the struts. 2 days after that the air when't out and it overheated. Took it back again and it was a plug that was not latched in. So far we have had the struts and the clutch replaced. the air went out and overheated because of a plug. and as I am writing this it is in the shop again because everytime you accelerate it makes a grinding noise and when you brake it makes a poping noise. Asked ford to swap it out because of the lemon law and ford said they would not do anything about it. Now talking to a lemon law lawyer. Sad that ford does not want to back there product."

College Student

By on Sunday, July 22, 2012

Pros: "techy, firm, sporty"

Cons: "small back seat, few storage areas"

"I am a college student and my Ford Focus now has 1000 miles. What can I say, I absolutely love my car. I am a car enthusiast and come from a family who has owned Fords since the 1980s. The transmission takes getting used to but once you know how it performs the ride is good. I got my Focus in silver and let me tell you it is a head-turner. Learn how the transmission shifts and you will see the power and economy work."

The price is excellent

By on Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Pros: "I was able to purchase the car for under 15,000."

Cons: "listed in the review."

"11/01 I purchased a ford focus and the car lasted until 7/12. I purchased the car for $12,000. This car served me well, although I must admit in 2006 I had to replace the transmission after a car accident, when someone rammed me in the back. Based on the car's history, I was eager to purchase another ford focus for 2012. Unfortunately, this car is horrible. Firstly, there is very little trunk space. Secondly, there is absolutely, no leg room in the back, but perhaps what is most important is that the transmission is awful. I live in N.C. which is very hilly and this car has problems when climbing hills and accelerating into merging traffic, which is important in this state, since the merge lanes are short and abrupt. There is more that I can say that is wrong w/this car, but those are my most important issues. I must admit that I was rather surprised that they did not offer the car in navy blue, which is a standard color. I know this is a minor issue."

Good ride, quiet, lots of gadgets, nice looking

By on Saturday, July 14, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive, smooth engine, good handling, cool"

Cons: "None so far."

"1k miles, nice, get used to the trans it is different, once you know how it performs you work your way into it. rides nice, no problems, sync and nav work as expected, lots to learn, look at it all. got the candy red, get lots of looks, handles nice, turns are great at higher speeds, engine is quiet but has enough power, get a loaded one for all the bells SEL,leather, nav and winter package. rides and handles as nice as my 2010 nissan altima sedan and is quieter than it and a honda accord sedan. leather seats are nice, a little small in back seat. quality is there, the fit and finish were good. learn how the trans shifts and you will see the power and economy work well. city driving so far is about 27mpg. sport mode makes it fun to shift."

A very good car for commuters

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, good sound system, no cheap feel."

Cons: "Lack of storage, a little pricey for a compact car"

"I commute 45 miles each way to work. I needed a car that would get good mileage and be comfortable to sit in for extended periods. The Focus is both of these and much more. I am currently averaging 37 mpg (3 fill ups so far). The front seats are very comfortable, but the driver seat lacks an adjustable lumbar support (in the SE version I own). I use a small towel roll to make up the difference. The car has plenty of power, accelerating and shifting smoothly. The audio system (6 speaker with SIRIUS) is more than adequate for the average audiophile, reproducing wonderful sound. The hand controls on the steering wheel were confusing at first, but now are very convenient and intuitive. The only ammenity that I find lacking in this car is the absence of "cubbies." I have no real good place to put all of my... goodies. The glove box is very spacious. The center console is smallish. The cup holders in front are smallish. The door panels seem to have adequate space. But that is it. Can I live with this small flaw? Absolutely. It the car a blast to drive? You're darn tootin' it is. It handles corners like more expensive BMW's or VW's. It feels substancial and refined, yet nimble. Nothing about this car seems cheep or poorly made. The two words I can say: Buy one!"

See if you qualify for