2013 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $15,415 - $15,936.

10/7.1

7.3

Based on 323 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

7.5/10
    7.4/10
    7.6/10
    7.6/10

I hate this car

By on Sunday, December 30, 2012

Pros: "Body style, hatchback, sound system, sunroof"

Cons: "No acceleration, engine shifts rough"

"I bought it new. I have had it for 18 months, 12,000 miles. I have had it back to the dealership. The update they put in this summer helped a lot, but it still doesn't drive right. It has no acceleration and the gas mileage isn't great. Combined hwy/city is 28-30mpg. There are features I like: the sound system, sunroof, style of the car, hatchback, and color. I think the car is over-priced considering how poorly it drives. It drives rough, shifts rough, and stalls when it turns left (not all of the time). I don't think I should have to pay extra for My Touch. I will change this review if the dealership can solve some of these issues."

Used 2012 Focus SEL Sedan

By on Friday, December 28, 2012

Pros: "The Interior, Exterior, Radio and Exceleration."

Cons: "Nothing for 5,000 so far."

"I bought the car at the end of October. I got it used and acordding to car facts it was a rental car. I got the car at 32,400 miles and currently have 38,000. I drive 75 + miles a day 7 days a week at times and I honestly love this car. I had a 2006 Toyota Corolla prior to this car and I liked the Toyota but it always felt cramped and like I never had enough power to get on and off the highway. I have had the car for 2 months now with a lot of driving and having people in the back seat regularly. So far I have not had an issue with their not being enoughg room even though one of my friends is 6'3" and had plenty of head room. I love the SYNC system and learned it very qucikly. I do understand where people are coming from with the tranny. But I have not had any issues with it. It accelerates very nicely and has incredible brakes. I love this car and enjoy the leather seats, moon roof,SYNC and it looks like a sports car instead of a gas sipper. I plan to keep it for quite some time and I LOVE this car!!!"

Squeaks. rattles and an annoying trasnmisssion.

By on Saturday, December 15, 2012

"I've owned my Focus now for about a year and half. I've not liked the dual clutch transmission at all. Ford's made many updates that have improved the way the transmission drives in some ways, but it's still not good enough. You really can't do much to improve a transmission that was just bad from the start. If Ford redesigns the Focus, they should just dump the DCT completely. It's basically the unwanted shifting and complexity you don't want in an automatic + plus all the roughness of a manual. Why would you want anything like that? I've not had any more major mechanical complaints about the car, but I am a bit disappointed in the interior comfort and quality. The Focus isn't very roomy and the interior is poorly made. It has so many squeaks, rattles and creaks. It is so bad that I actually try to avoid letting people ride in my car..."

Great looks and mileage with cool features. Luv it

By on Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Pros: "Great ride. Very quiet. Cool looks. Great MPG!!"

Cons: "No interior trunk release...its on the key fobs."

At dealership before windows were tinted. Coolest one there!

"My family leases a 2012 Titanium Sedan, loaded and we love it. It drives very well and is quiet and smooth even at 80+ MPH! Very nice interior and our Sync system has performed as expected. Some reviews knock the automatic transmission...I cannot say ours has ANY bad or balky shifts. We get complements from people all the time about how cool it looks...we got the Yellow Blaze Metallic paint with Black 17" wheels. Our kids are under 10 yrs old so back legroom has been no concern. I love this car and will buy it when the lease is over."

At dealership before windows were tinted. Coolest one there!

sporty look, cool interiors!!!

By on Thursday, December 06, 2012

Pros: "great looks and awsome interiors...."

Cons: "you'll need to learn how to drive it!"

"Transmission problems? NOT! The dual clutch trans works just fine, the thing with this trans... is that you have to learn how to drive this car. The trick is to drive the car like it was manual, you have to give it a little more gas(rev)thru all the gears and that's the trick. Puerto Rico's roads and traffic are a challenge to save gas, the most I can squeeze out of it is 24 mpg but still Im a proud owner of a 2012 ford focus se. bought it on oct.2012"