2013 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $15,412 - $15,891.

10/7.1

7.4

Based on 304 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

7.6/10
    7.5/10
    7.6/10

Great sporty car for a small family! ST2 package

By on Saturday, August 23, 2014

"Bought this car back in the beginning of February, 2014 and absolutely love it! I did have an issue with the steering from day one, however. It had that twitchy/loose off center issue and it would overcorrect constantly. Quick trip to the dealership and they ordered a new steering rack and swapped it out, no more problems (all completed under warranty). I drive about 30 miles round trip for work and I average around 26-27mpg, even getting onto it a couple times everyday. The car isn't what I would call fast, but it is snappy and very quick in stock form, even more so when you add a tune to it! It handles like no other FWD car out there. It's a bizarre feeling to through this car into a corner and you can feel the back end kicking out as though it is a RWD car. All of which is very welcome when you're pushing it through mountain roads. I have two children, four and five years old, and they fit just fine in the car. We actually took the car on vacation earlier this year to Florida. Packed the hatch up, got a soft roof top cargo carrier and everything fit with some room to spare. We averaged 29mpg on the trip down and back, not too shabby with a loaded car and four people! The seats were fairly comfortable, thought after being in the car for six hours, we were a bit stiff. Overall this has been an excellent car, one of the best bang-for-your-buck vehicles out there IMHO. Unfortunately for the car, my wife just found out she is pregnant with our third, so this car just won't work anymore. I might have too look into the SHO, I'm hooked on these EcoBoost motors!"

Not a good vehicle

By on Sunday, March 23, 2014

"Horrible transmission always clunking. Wind noises. Also has a rattle in the dash that the dealer cant find despite hearing it. On the good side, gas mileage is good."

Trans is horrible!

By on Friday, March 15, 2013

I don't own this car

Pros: "Nice interior"

Cons: "Bad tranny, Hard seats, Bad sound system, Stearing"

"I had to rent this car out for 3 weeks while mine (2012 Mazda 2 Sport Manual) was in the shop. first off the interior is very nice for the price. There is a ton of fun gadgets inside. but what I absolutely hated was the tranny. It would double shift and then miss shifts. Yes I am used to my manual tranny but that does not make up for the lack of response I got from acceleration. and the steering is very stiff and not as responsive as I would like. Second was the sound system. I am an Audio Engineer. I love a good sound system and this this was so muddy and just overall just not what I would expect from a car with such impressive interior. And my last real complaint is the uncomfortable seats. they are as hard as a rock. definitely not what I was used too."

Worst vehicle I have ever owned!

By on Friday, June 29, 2012

"I have never had great luck with a ford but wanted to give the focus a shot. Never again! I have had transmission problems from day 1 and even the recent recall on the transmission made it worse. It doesn't want to drive up a small hill must less a big one. It also has an odor to the car and from other reviews I have read this is a common problem with the interior. I have also had some electrical issues (ex. my radio turing itself up and down on its own)."

By on Tuesday, May 11, 2010

"In 2003 my car got burn in a fire. We need a car so I told my wife to go out and buy one. She came back with a 2004 Focus. I thought she would buy a Foreign one. It has been a excellent car. It has 78,000 plus milage on it and besides regular oil changes, the only thing I have replace is a set of tires and front brake pads twice. Next time the rotors. I have purchase another one for my a 2009. love the milage. I was going to buy a Preus Hyd but I would have to drive it for 8 years at $5.00 a gallon just to brake even"