2013 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $15,415 - $15,888.

10/7.1

7.4

Based on 302 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

7.6/10
    7.5/10
    7.6/10

Not a good vehicle

By on Sunday, March 23, 2014

"Horrible transmission always clunking. Wind noises. Also has a rattle in the dash that the dealer cant find despite hearing it. On the good side, gas mileage is good."

Trans is horrible!

By on Friday, March 15, 2013

I don't own this car

Pros: "Nice interior"

Cons: "Bad tranny, Hard seats, Bad sound system, Stearing"

"I had to rent this car out for 3 weeks while mine (2012 Mazda 2 Sport Manual) was in the shop. first off the interior is very nice for the price. There is a ton of fun gadgets inside. but what I absolutely hated was the tranny. It would double shift and then miss shifts. Yes I am used to my manual tranny but that does not make up for the lack of response I got from acceleration. and the steering is very stiff and not as responsive as I would like. Second was the sound system. I am an Audio Engineer. I love a good sound system and this this was so muddy and just overall just not what I would expect from a car with such impressive interior. And my last real complaint is the uncomfortable seats. they are as hard as a rock. definitely not what I was used too."

Worst vehicle I have ever owned!

By on Friday, June 29, 2012

"I have never had great luck with a ford but wanted to give the focus a shot. Never again! I have had transmission problems from day 1 and even the recent recall on the transmission made it worse. It doesn't want to drive up a small hill must less a big one. It also has an odor to the car and from other reviews I have read this is a common problem with the interior. I have also had some electrical issues (ex. my radio turing itself up and down on its own)."

By on Tuesday, May 11, 2010

"In 2003 my car got burn in a fire. We need a car so I told my wife to go out and buy one. She came back with a 2004 Focus. I thought she would buy a Foreign one. It has been a excellent car. It has 78,000 plus milage on it and besides regular oil changes, the only thing I have replace is a set of tires and front brake pads twice. Next time the rotors. I have purchase another one for my a 2009. love the milage. I was going to buy a Preus Hyd but I would have to drive it for 8 years at $5.00 a gallon just to brake even"

Problems with new Focus

By on Monday, October 22, 2012

Pros: "Sporty, Looks really nice, No MFT in my car"

"Steering system started having trouble after 100 miles of driving the car. The steering would become stiff at freeway speed. It gets so tight, that you can't make small adjustment to keep the car going in a straight line. My A/C was defective right from the start. It just would blow warm air. Transmission is annoying, shudders and makes strange grinding sounds, but I don't have the horror story that some other owners have to tell. If you're going to buy a small car, I'm not sure what to tell you about the Focus. I had read the problems, but listened to people that had said they all but been fixed for 2013 MY Focus. I'm going to hope the car won't have more problems, but I think it's inexcusable that Ford is still having any issues with the Focus."