2013 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $15,431 - $15,956.

10/7.1

7.4

Based on 289 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

7.5/10
    7.6/10

GREAT CAR!!! (If its working.)

By on Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Pros: "Handling, fun to drive."

Cons: "Reliability."

"Got an 8 year old focus. Its a great drive but I got to have money in reserve when I'm driving it just in case something suddenly breaks. If you intend to keep a car more than 4 years, don't buy a focus."

First New Car

By on Thursday, September 27, 2012

Pros: "Great price, tons of power, great style"

"This is my first new car purchase, and, let me tell you, it is a great choice. One would be hard-pressed to find a car with this kind of power getting the gas mileage it does. It is just a thrill to drive. I find myself wishing I were driving rather than sitting at work now ha. You will not be disappointed with this purchase if you choose to buy. GO FOR IT!"

Power steering problems!

By on Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Cons: "Very poorly made car! This car is horrible!!!!"

"The Focus I own has been a nightmare from day one because of its annoying transmission. Everybody that rides in my car asks me if somethings wrong it. Well, that's not the worst of it. A couple of weeks ago My power steering went dead after I had made a slow speed turn. The car terrifies me now because this nearly sent my car into opposing traffic that was going 40+ mph. I've read that this has become a common problem with this car and other new Fords. Well, that is on top of all the other problems they've been having. I'm done with this car. It's just unreliable and unsafe!!! I don't want to sell it because I know I owe more than what the car's worth. I wasn't planing to sell this car this soon. If Ford can just give me back the money I've wasted, that would be great. I think Ford should just buy back every single one of these cars!"

very happy

By on Thursday, September 20, 2012

Pros: "blast to drive, quality interior and exterior"

"I have had this car for about 2 months. I have put almost 3000 miles on it so far. I purchased the hatchback, auto/6 speed/spots package/se. It has many of the sel features like the 6 speaker audio, fancy 17in black painted sports tires, candy apple paint job and fancy sports seats. Radio sounds awsome and came with 6 months of free satilite. To be honest I have not tried out ford sync yet.The car does not have ford touch. I drove a ford 150 prior to this. I purchased this to get away from the $100 fillups. Gave the 150 to hubby for a farm truck. I love the way this car is finnished inside and out. So well done and looks and feels quality in every way. I looked at the elantra and cruse and I felt the quality of the focus was superior. This car is so much more fun to drive than other cars in its class. I it drives like a much more expencive car. The suspention hugs the road and is solid. Steering incredibly responsive and love the leather covered sports steering wheel. This car is zippy, zippy zippy! Yes the trans does take time to get use to and break in but to get that kind of performance and gas miliage Ill take it! All of the fuel efficient cars drive that way and have some small quirks. I do not think people realise that to get the good miliage there might be some sacrafices if that is even the right word to use. I have driven a prius before and had experienced much more hesitation from a stoped position then in the focus. When driving the elantra I just found it very unexciting with cheap looking interior even when moving up to leather-and the car just had no power. In short I love this car and the powerful trans! Dont think you can do better for the money."

great except for the automatic transmission

By on Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Pros: "sporty, quick, great mileage"

Cons: "automatic is clunky at low speeds, lugs & clatters"

"Great mileage, sporty and quick BUT the automatic is clunky and hesitant at low speeds despite two reflashes and a recall. The dealer consulted ford engineers and I called the home office customer service. They both said all focus 2012 automatics do this, no fix available at this time. When it does this, it can clatter under the hood, your passengers will ask whats wrong, this trulymars what is otherwise a great car. Consumer reports has mentioned this in current and past magazines, plus you can find it in owner reviews everywhere on the internet."

See if you qualify for