2013 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $15,415 - $15,888.

10/7.1

7.4

Based on 301 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

7.6/10
    7.5/10
    7.6/10

College Student

By on Sunday, July 22, 2012

Pros: "techy, firm, sporty"

Cons: "small back seat, few storage areas"

"I am a college student and my Ford Focus now has 1000 miles. What can I say, I absolutely love my car. I am a car enthusiast and come from a family who has owned Fords since the 1980s. The transmission takes getting used to but once you know how it performs the ride is good. I got my Focus in silver and let me tell you it is a head-turner. Learn how the transmission shifts and you will see the power and economy work."

Frustrating car

By on Thursday, November 01, 2012

Pros: "Handling, Styling"

Cons: "Very annoying Transmission with repeat problems."

"The Ford Focus feels very upscale and modern, but the annoying, unreliable dual clutch transmission takes the joy of driving it away. The car usually just sits in my driveway because I hate driving the thing."

Nice car, well equipped. Nice styling.

By on Monday, August 11, 2014

Pros: "Styling, Ride, Handling, fit and finish."

Cons: "Rear leg room, no rear floor mats."

"Leased this car to replace a leased 2012 Fusion SEL. OK this is less car than the Fusion which was one of the best cars I've ever had. The ride is a little more harsh, which was to be expected in a smaller lighter vehicle. But it is much better than the 2009 Honda Civic I traded last year for an Escape. The Civic was rough riding and very road noisy, This car handles nicely. Very sporty and not a lot of road noise. Only real complaints I have are the lack rear carpeted foor mats and the craftmanship of the leather seats was mediocre. All seat backs and cushions had varying degrees of wrinkles. I got the SE appearance package and the Winter package as I live in Michigan. Equipped with just those 2 packages I believe is the best value. I read all the complaints about Sync and MY FORD TOUCH. I haven't experienced those problems in either of my 2 Fords. Like all things electronic, reading the manuals and a little patience goes a long way."

Be aware

By on Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Pros: "Price, beautiful engine, hi quality finish, ride"

Cons: "Cant Heel & Toe downshift"

"I bought this after Pontiac stopped making the Solstice. Very similar in power, but the rear wheel drive solstice corners so much better, not to say the focus doesn't but... As to everything else its a brilliant little fun car, but well built, comfortable for my lard backside and 6' height, on all but 8 hour + trips To those who complain about snow driving, this is a "sports car" sold with summer tires, either change you tires or get a snow car. Fuel consumption: in Houston traffic even with my lead foot 25 on a regular basis on the highway, keep it around the legal 85 in Texas and you'll see 35. My only & I mean only gripe, the brake/accelerator pedals are not set up for heel & toe downshifts, such a great pity. Bottom line, as my summary says, Be aware, this is no limmo, nor is it intended to be, it is no snow car , and to be honest putting salt on the excellent paintwork is criminal. it is a fun hard driving euro hatchback and will match any of them. It is not a dragster but on sweeping bendy country roads it will take on anything."

Not a good vehicle

By on Sunday, March 23, 2014

"Horrible transmission always clunking. Wind noises. Also has a rattle in the dash that the dealer cant find despite hearing it. On the good side, gas mileage is good."