2013 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $15,405 - $15,928.

10/7.1

7.3

Based on 339 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

7.4/10
    7.3/10
    7.5/10
    7.6/10

Great sporty car for a small family! ST2 package

By on Saturday, August 23, 2014

"Bought this car back in the beginning of February, 2014 and absolutely love it! I did have an issue with the steering from day one, however. It had that twitchy/loose off center issue and it would overcorrect constantly. Quick trip to the dealership and they ordered a new steering rack and swapped it out, no more problems (all completed under warranty). I drive about 30 miles round trip for work and I average around 26-27mpg, even getting onto it a couple times everyday. The car isn't what I would call fast, but it is snappy and very quick in stock form, even more so when you add a tune to it! It handles like no other FWD car out there. It's a bizarre feeling to through this car into a corner and you can feel the back end kicking out as though it is a RWD car. All of which is very welcome when you're pushing it through mountain roads. I have two children, four and five years old, and they fit just fine in the car. We actually took the car on vacation earlier this year to Florida. Packed the hatch up, got a soft roof top cargo carrier and everything fit with some room to spare. We averaged 29mpg on the trip down and back, not too shabby with a loaded car and four people! The seats were fairly comfortable, thought after being in the car for six hours, we were a bit stiff. Overall this has been an excellent car, one of the best bang-for-your-buck vehicles out there IMHO. Unfortunately for the car, my wife just found out she is pregnant with our third, so this car just won't work anymore. I might have too look into the SHO, I'm hooked on these EcoBoost motors!"

Sportiest Sedan Exterior Meets Economy

By on Friday, May 16, 2014

Pros: "Economy, Sportiness, Powertrain, Purchase Price"

Cons: "Interior Compartments, Capless Gas Tank"

"The best thing I can say about the Ford Focus S 4-door Sedan 5-speed manual has to be the economy. Having just completed a 1700-mile round trip from Texas, through the Rockies of Utah and back, I averaged 39 mpg. The fuel cost never exceeded $30 per fuel-up with the factory recommended 87 octane, and nearly 400 miles per refuel made for a quick ride. And to top it off, the new Focus sedan body style looked tight as it maintained speeds through mountain and country terrain. Finally, at $400 cheaper than the smaller Ford Fiesta "Automatic" SE, the Ford Focus S 5-speed sedan is a sweet deal. The cons would have to be that none of the interior compartments seem to be practical, for anything. Additionally, a couple times in the past year I was unable to insert the fuel pump into the capless gas tank; some type of design flaw that is not detailed how to counteract within the user manual."

Zippy, Stylish, Very Economical, 100% Dependable

By on Saturday, March 22, 2014

Pros: "As per above"

Cons: "Some blinds spots-I'm really picky"

"I cannot say enough good things about the Focus. After owning several Escort Sports, and missing them, I'd say Ford has done it again. I expect to own this super stylish and completely dependable Focus for the next 15+ years, just as I did with my last Escort - not a single mechanical hiccup until the day a text-and-driving person ran a stop light and totaled it. Gas economy is fabulous, I love the navigation panel, satalite radio, bluetooth features, and I LOVED the price I paid to drive this car off the lot. Great family car; it seats five. Fantastic safety ratings. Airbags everywhere. This car is also fun to drive!"

Hottest performance hatch value out there

By on Saturday, August 03, 2013

Pros: "Blast to drive & comfortable too."

Cons: "Would like an anhracite wheel option."

"Great performance, style, and creature comforts. The leather Recaro seats hold you in place, the controls are very logical and natural in placement and performance. I have the ST3 with moonroof and it's equipped perfectly for my taste."

Exceeded my Expectations.

By on Monday, June 11, 2012

Pros: "Fuel efficient and fun to drive"

Cons: "Lack of a trunk relase other than the key button."

"I replaced a 1206 Mustang 6 with this car and haven't looked back. I have the SE with manual Tranny, Sport and Convenience Packages, but no other whistle and bells. The mileage is constantly between 36 and 40 Mpg, it handles as well as the Mustang at reasonable speeds and is a darn sight more comfortable. I'm 6'2 and have plenty of leg and headroom, the adjustable seat and steering wheel ensure any size driver should be accommodated. As for the engine, the little beauty loves to rev and maintaining the Freeway speeds seems effortless and quiet. Simply stated, I love this car."