2013 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $15,405 - $15,928.

10/7.1

7.3

Based on 339 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

7.4/10
    7.3/10
    7.5/10
    7.6/10

Do not buy!!

By on Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Pros: "very pretty, quiet windshiel wipers"

Cons: "Too many to list. description"

"focus has a manual transmission that shifts automatically. It actually drives like someone just learning to drive a manual transmission. Very jerky ride. Rolls back bad when you stop on a hill. It feels like it is going to stall when you take off and the engine is cold, you cannot trust it to pull into traffic until the engine is warm. The trunk is too low to be able to put a cooler in it, in fact the trunk while looking big is very awkward, groceries do not fit well. Be careful about syncing it with your phone, it eats text messages-I don't try to read them while driving and they are not in my phone when I get out of the car. You won't find all the problems at test drive, they just keep showing up the longer you have it. Dealer won't take it back!! The only thing Ford is willing to do is give me a maintenance package. Great, I don't pay for anything while I pray it gets totaled, the only way I can get out of it."

First & ABSOLUTELY LAST Ford!

By on Friday, January 11, 2013

Pros: "It looks nice."

Cons: "TOO MANY TO LIST!!"

"This is our second 2012 Ford Focus. The first had transmission issues. The second has trans issues that the wonderful experts at Ford can't find. Additionally the second Focus loses power at highway speeds, rough engine idle, power windows don't work below freezing temps and the engine ticks. And of course those wonderful folks at Ford just can't seem to find or fix anything. Stay away from this car, these are just a few of our problems. Ford, well they just say keep brining it in. Ford has been NO, let me repeat, NO, let me repeat, NO help whatsoever! We will never buy another Ford, NEVER. One more thing, the car still looks new, we've tried to trade it in but it has depreciated by 45%. Our opinion, the Focus is absolute junk!!!!"

One more Focus lemon

By on Thursday, May 24, 2012

"I have nothing to add to what the people complaining about this car have said. This car's junk. Ford's had too many chances to fix MyFord Touch bugs and all the other problems with the Focus. It's really sad because I can name many positives about this car. I've received many compliments on this car from people that don't own one, but little do they know about the many problems this car's had."

More to come!

By on Sunday, July 29, 2012

Pros: "Looks fun and sporty and good gas mileage"

Cons: "We will see:)"

"I really wanted a Detroit made car. I’ve never owned a new Ford so i want to give it a try. The Focus SE looks cool (got the metallic black) and good gas mileage which I need for my daily commute. I am exited about it. I came very close to walking out on the deal due to the transmission felt "weird" but hey..a discount and 0% financing was hard to turn down. I have commuted >100 miles a day for 20 years and I have only been left on the road 2X because of car failure. I will use that as baseline on the Focus SE. I really want this car to work for me. I just bought it yesterday. Will I be disappointed? I will come back to the site and give an honest update in 1K miles."

great except for the automatic transmission

By on Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Pros: "sporty, quick, great mileage"

Cons: "automatic is clunky at low speeds, lugs & clatters"

"Great mileage, sporty and quick BUT the automatic is clunky and hesitant at low speeds despite two reflashes and a recall. The dealer consulted ford engineers and I called the home office customer service. They both said all focus 2012 automatics do this, no fix available at this time. When it does this, it can clatter under the hood, your passengers will ask whats wrong, this trulymars what is otherwise a great car. Consumer reports has mentioned this in current and past magazines, plus you can find it in owner reviews everywhere on the internet."

Would NOT recommend this car to ANYONE!

By on Saturday, July 28, 2012

Pros: "look"

Cons: "transmission"

"I purchased the 2012 ford focus in june of 2011. When I first bought my car, I couldnt be more happier; however, my opinion has since changed. Firstly, the transmission is awful,it constantly feels like it's slipping and is very jerky. If you want a smooth ride, DO NOT GET THIS CAR. Also, the focus shutters whenever your foot is on the break and you release and begin to press the gas. There was already a recall for the transmission module among other things. I have taken my car to the ford dealer for shutter problem five times and they still have yet to fix the problem. The car is not worth the money."

Spirited Hatch

By on Thursday, October 09, 2014

Pros: "Comfortable, Fast"

Cons: "fuel economy"

"Car is extremely fun to drive, Recaro seats are amazing. Fuel economy is mediocre as 25mpg is about the max combined economy while highway edges up toward 30, what else is to be expected from a turbocharged 250+ horsepower 5-door hatchback. Overall I am pleased with performance and handling characteristics I am left wanting a little more from the economy, but, again that's not what this little hot hatch is about."

Great Hot Hatch

By on Monday, September 22, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, Fuel economy, sporty look"

Cons: "seats are tighter then expected and want all wheel"

"This is my first turbo charged 4 cylinder and it does not disappoint. I had a 2013 mustang and at times it was overwhelming as a daily commuter. I decided to get this car and I have enjoyed it to the fullest. Shifting is easy and plenty of passing power. Good fuel economy and nice handling. The seats take some getting used to and the ride is not the best through the city, but most sports cars ride rough through the city no matter what. On the Highway this car glides easy and if you dont lead foot the gas, you get great mileage. I never have gotten 32 mpg, I got 27 and 28 a few times, but expect 22-25. Overall great car and will probably give to my son as his first car."

Fun rating = 10+

By on Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Pros: "Great performance for the money."

Cons: "Too tempting to ignore speed limits."

"Definitely a driver's car. Not recommended for teenagers."

Huge mistake! Avoid the Ford Focus Electric car

By on Friday, May 10, 2013

Cons: "Absolutely unreliable and very poor service"

"This review applies to the Ford Focus Electric car. This is, or was, my commute car. For the first three months, I was very satisfied with it. Then, without warning, the car came to a dead stop in a high traffic area. All of the electrical systems were on. In fact, I could not shut any of them off. The battery was nearly at a full charge. The car simply would not move. We were fortunate to be rescued before someone smashed into the back of us. There were some close calls! The dealership has no idea how to repair my car. I've been told the onboard diagnostics showing 30 different trouble codes. When they check each one individually, no problem is found. However, the car shuts down if they attempt to drive it. The dealership is waiting for Ford to send an engineer because they have no idea what to do. That's encouraging! I don't want this car back. I have 2 years, 9 months left on a 3-year lease but that car is too dangerous to drive again. I know a few Nissan Leaf owners who love their cars, but I picked the Ford. HUGE MISTAKE!!!"