2013 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $15,405 - $15,928.

10/7.1

7.3

Based on 339 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

7.4/10
    7.3/10
    7.5/10
    7.6/10

Transmission problems

By on Monday, September 22, 2014

Pros: "Nice looks and good handling."

Cons: "Really bad Transmission"

"Own it for nine months, in the shop for 45 days and counting. We loved it at the car show, but disappointed with the car overall."

Problems with new Focus

By on Monday, October 22, 2012

Pros: "Sporty, Looks really nice, No MFT in my car"

"Steering system started having trouble after 100 miles of driving the car. The steering would become stiff at freeway speed. It gets so tight, that you can't make small adjustment to keep the car going in a straight line. My A/C was defective right from the start. It just would blow warm air. Transmission is annoying, shudders and makes strange grinding sounds, but I don't have the horror story that some other owners have to tell. If you're going to buy a small car, I'm not sure what to tell you about the Focus. I had read the problems, but listened to people that had said they all but been fixed for 2013 MY Focus. I'm going to hope the car won't have more problems, but I think it's inexcusable that Ford is still having any issues with the Focus."

Quality small car

By on Saturday, August 17, 2013

Pros: "All around solid, fun, stylish little car"

Cons: "Back seat a bit cramped for adults."

"Ford has hit the mark with the new Focus. Interior quality and materials are excellent for a small car. Quiet inside, soft plastics fit/finish is very good. Driving is a blast with the sport shift option in the automatic. I own a 2012 SE hatch with sport pkg, winter pkg, and convience package, moonroof. solid car. so far I am averaging 33.9MPG per the computer."

Very Dissappointed with fuel efficiency

By on Thursday, May 16, 2013

Pros: "Nice, sporty design"

Cons: "poor fuel efficiency, transmition vibrates"

"This car was advertized as a very fuel efficient car with over 30 miles per gallon on highway and that was the only reason why we bought it. Nothing so far to be true!. A combined average of 23 is what we usually get with a hardly 25 per gallon on highway (in winter with no A/C), a total disappointment. Besides that, the automatic transmission is not as smooth as you might think for a new car and after taking the car twice to the dealer the only answer we got was that everything was ok but I dare you to try the car and you will notice what I am talking about. (when different people in the passenger seat mention the strange vibration on the transmission, that means something...)"

Lemon law

By on Sunday, October 20, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, great handling. Looks."

Cons: "Sync, trans, fit finish, fuel economy, and FORD"

"I have had this car for about a year and half,I started having issues at about 9k. Long story short it's been to the dealer 9 times, had a Ford field engineer come and take a look at it and now Ford is being forced to buy it back by the BBB. Issues: Sync system( horrible), transmission, fit and finish(interior), electrical and poor fuel economy( 23mpg average) If i can save just one person from making the same mistake I did my job is done."

2013 Focus Hatchback SE Appearence Package

By on Monday, August 12, 2013

Pros: "Price, Mileage, Sporty"

Cons: "How the rear seats fold down."

"I sell Fords; I decided to give the Focus a shot myself going from a much larger Ford Five Hundred and much to my surprise it is nicer inside my new Focus than my last car. Heated Leather Seats, Sunroof, Sporty Feel 5 Speed Manual, it hugs the road and takes off well with it's 160hp. After my break in period I am very pleased with my fuel economy, mine is rated 26-36 and I do city only so I was expecting 26 but I am getting right at 32. Everything from automatic headlights to the SYNC system that with my iPhone plugged in to the USB I can litterally verbally tell the car through the SYNC system what song or artist to play from my phone. I would reccommend this car to anyone, I bought one, I sold one to my girlfriend's brother and to many customers. If you are looking at other makes take the time to drive this one it just feels more solid than the competition."

Cute, Solid, Economical

By on Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Pros: "ratings, reliability, technology and safety"

Cons: "2.0 L without zip, underpowered AC, SYNC issues"

"First new car I have ever bought; first car at all I have owned in 13 years. My 2013 Focus is sturdy, solid, cute design, comes with all the features you could want. Pros: review ratings, Ford reliability (I am 42 and thought I might never put those 2 words together), technology and safety... Cons: Sync and Android not so great; AC seems underpowered; auto trans is sluggish and even with the 2.0 L, doesn't do much if you "punch it." However, I drive 900 miles a month in the city and on immediate expressways. I feel safe and reliably transported.Its just the depersonalized *ccord of the twenty teens."

BIG mistake!

By on Friday, June 08, 2012

Pros: "MPG"

Cons: "Transmission"

"Should have paid more attention to consumer reviews rather than the experts. Nothing but headaches with this automatic transmission. Dealer tranny tech says internal clutch is bad but also said Ford won't touch it until the car has 2000 miles on it to allow for a break in period. Wanted to give American auto maker a chance, bad idea. I will unload this mistake as soon as I am able and it's back to Honda or Toyota for me."

great car

By on Thursday, July 31, 2014

Cons: "gas"

"I love this car. The great gas milage is my favorite aspect of it. I bought it in 2012 with 21,000 miles on it. It now has 59000 and I haven't needed to put money into it besides regular maintenance."

Nice car, well equipped. Nice styling.

By on Monday, August 11, 2014

Pros: "Styling, Ride, Handling, fit and finish."

Cons: "Rear leg room, no rear floor mats."

"Leased this car to replace a leased 2012 Fusion SEL. OK this is less car than the Fusion which was one of the best cars I've ever had. The ride is a little more harsh, which was to be expected in a smaller lighter vehicle. But it is much better than the 2009 Honda Civic I traded last year for an Escape. The Civic was rough riding and very road noisy, This car handles nicely. Very sporty and not a lot of road noise. Only real complaints I have are the lack rear carpeted foor mats and the craftmanship of the leather seats was mediocre. All seat backs and cushions had varying degrees of wrinkles. I got the SE appearance package and the Winter package as I live in Michigan. Equipped with just those 2 packages I believe is the best value. I read all the complaints about Sync and MY FORD TOUCH. I haven't experienced those problems in either of my 2 Fords. Like all things electronic, reading the manuals and a little patience goes a long way."