2013 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $15,421 - $15,882.

10/7.1

7.4

Based on 301 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

7.6/10
    7.5/10
    7.6/10

College Student

By on Sunday, July 22, 2012

Pros: "techy, firm, sporty"

Cons: "small back seat, few storage areas"

"I am a college student and my Ford Focus now has 1000 miles. What can I say, I absolutely love my car. I am a car enthusiast and come from a family who has owned Fords since the 1980s. The transmission takes getting used to but once you know how it performs the ride is good. I got my Focus in silver and let me tell you it is a head-turner. Learn how the transmission shifts and you will see the power and economy work."

Frustrating car

By on Thursday, November 01, 2012

Pros: "Handling, Styling"

Cons: "Very annoying Transmission with repeat problems."

"The Ford Focus feels very upscale and modern, but the annoying, unreliable dual clutch transmission takes the joy of driving it away. The car usually just sits in my driveway because I hate driving the thing."

Be aware

By on Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Pros: "Price, beautiful engine, hi quality finish, ride"

Cons: "Cant Heel & Toe downshift"

"I bought this after Pontiac stopped making the Solstice. Very similar in power, but the rear wheel drive solstice corners so much better, not to say the focus doesn't but... As to everything else its a brilliant little fun car, but well built, comfortable for my lard backside and 6' height, on all but 8 hour + trips To those who complain about snow driving, this is a "sports car" sold with summer tires, either change you tires or get a snow car. Fuel consumption: in Houston traffic even with my lead foot 25 on a regular basis on the highway, keep it around the legal 85 in Texas and you'll see 35. My only & I mean only gripe, the brake/accelerator pedals are not set up for heel & toe downshifts, such a great pity. Bottom line, as my summary says, Be aware, this is no limmo, nor is it intended to be, it is no snow car , and to be honest putting salt on the excellent paintwork is criminal. it is a fun hard driving euro hatchback and will match any of them. It is not a dragster but on sweeping bendy country roads it will take on anything."

Not a good vehicle

By on Sunday, March 23, 2014

"Horrible transmission always clunking. Wind noises. Also has a rattle in the dash that the dealer cant find despite hearing it. On the good side, gas mileage is good."

Trans is horrible!

By on Friday, March 15, 2013

I don't own this car

Pros: "Nice interior"

Cons: "Bad tranny, Hard seats, Bad sound system, Stearing"

"I had to rent this car out for 3 weeks while mine (2012 Mazda 2 Sport Manual) was in the shop. first off the interior is very nice for the price. There is a ton of fun gadgets inside. but what I absolutely hated was the tranny. It would double shift and then miss shifts. Yes I am used to my manual tranny but that does not make up for the lack of response I got from acceleration. and the steering is very stiff and not as responsive as I would like. Second was the sound system. I am an Audio Engineer. I love a good sound system and this this was so muddy and just overall just not what I would expect from a car with such impressive interior. And my last real complaint is the uncomfortable seats. they are as hard as a rock. definitely not what I was used too."

Worst vehicle I have ever owned!

By on Friday, June 29, 2012

"I have never had great luck with a ford but wanted to give the focus a shot. Never again! I have had transmission problems from day 1 and even the recent recall on the transmission made it worse. It doesn't want to drive up a small hill must less a big one. It also has an odor to the car and from other reviews I have read this is a common problem with the interior. I have also had some electrical issues (ex. my radio turing itself up and down on its own)."

Nice car, well equipped. Nice styling.

By on Monday, August 11, 2014

Pros: "Styling, Ride, Handling, fit and finish."

Cons: "Rear leg room, no rear floor mats."

"Leased this car to replace a leased 2012 Fusion SEL. OK this is less car than the Fusion which was one of the best cars I've ever had. The ride is a little more harsh, which was to be expected in a smaller lighter vehicle. But it is much better than the 2009 Honda Civic I traded last year for an Escape. The Civic was rough riding and very road noisy, This car handles nicely. Very sporty and not a lot of road noise. Only real complaints I have are the lack rear carpeted foor mats and the craftmanship of the leather seats was mediocre. All seat backs and cushions had varying degrees of wrinkles. I got the SE appearance package and the Winter package as I live in Michigan. Equipped with just those 2 packages I believe is the best value. I read all the complaints about Sync and MY FORD TOUCH. I haven't experienced those problems in either of my 2 Fords. Like all things electronic, reading the manuals and a little patience goes a long way."

Not thrilled but could be worse

By on Sunday, August 03, 2014

Pros: "good mileage"

Cons: "cheap stereo, foggy windows"

"Old car needed work fast and thought better to buy now then put all the money into the other. Stereo system is very cheap compared to my Aveo. I transfer my books on cd onto one mp3 cd or flash drive so I don't have to change cd's while driving. The system won't play them because it can't handle that many tracks. No problem on my cheapy Aveo. More wind noise than I would like and windows will fog inside very quickly if I don't have the defrost on. So bad that I can't see out the windows at all until I put the defrost on! Dealer said this is very common for this model. Mileage is good for the 32 miles round trip I take for work. Handles well, but I can hear the transmission grinding from a slow start. If I press harder on the gas it goes away. Again the dealer says this is just common for the car."

By on Tuesday, May 11, 2010

"In 2003 my car got burn in a fire. We need a car so I told my wife to go out and buy one. She came back with a 2004 Focus. I thought she would buy a Foreign one. It has been a excellent car. It has 78,000 plus milage on it and besides regular oil changes, the only thing I have replace is a set of tires and front brake pads twice. Next time the rotors. I have purchase another one for my a 2009. love the milage. I was going to buy a Preus Hyd but I would have to drive it for 8 years at $5.00 a gallon just to brake even"

OK Car, but not well designed in the little areas

By on Monday, June 02, 2014

Pros: "Nice looking, electronics are great"

Cons: "Back small, balky engine, no garage door opener"

"I was amazed that I could not store a set of clubs in the car without putting down one of the seats - Fail for me. Also, I didn't check (my bad), but this car, top of the line does not have a built in garage door opener (fail). The engine balks when I take off whether it is cold or warm. I've owned honda, acura, and toyota. Now, I remember why I made the switch to Japanese cars. Final note: Mileage was very disappointing for a car this small."