2013 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $15,406 - $15,897.

10/7.1

7.4

Based on 295 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

7.5/10
    7.6/10

Great car! 33 miles per gallon.

By on Friday, June 27, 2014

Pros: "Great mileage, fun to drive"

Cons: "Built too low to the ground"

"Bought the car because wife travels a lot for business. She loves every aspect of the car. A little small for my 300 lb. body, but still very adequate for all our needs. 64000 miles and has only been in the garage for routine maintenance. Got 49000 miles on the original tires. Great little car!"

Its Okay

By on Saturday, June 21, 2014

Pros: "Good gas mileage, cute, nice mesh seats"

Cons: "Bad transmissions,"

"I was thrilled when I first bought my focus. Thought it was the best car on the road because I got 35MPG even in town, and I had the convenience of the SYNC system and Sirius radio. Then about three months after buying my car brand new I began having transmission issues. No dealership or even Ford corporate would listen. But I know there is something wrong with the transmissions of the new Focuses. The transmission slips, it seems to skip gears, and it revs too high during acceleration even when Im not "gunning it" or "racing to the speed limit". I would not personally ever buy another Focus."

excellent - looks/drives nice, very fuel efficient

By on Friday, June 20, 2014

Pros: "Stylish/Fun to drive. Great price."

"Love this car. My son & I fight over driving it. Now buying one just for me. This car handles and drives very nice with very good acceleration. It gets better than advertised gas mileage. Get around 39mpg highway. Even when I drive it up the mountain for skiing (4,000ft vertical gain) I average 36.5 mpg for the trip. It has great power for getting up the mountain. It has good tires but recommend snow tires for skiing trips/snow. Love the convenience of the sync voice activated Bluetooth. Runs very solid. My car is the 2012 focus sedan SE, I have 35,000 miles on it."

Surpising

By on Monday, June 16, 2014

Pros: "Price, gas milage, fun to drive, well made."

Cons: "Could use 6spd manual, farther reaching headlights"

"Noticed this car when Ford began redesigning their cars in order not to have to take TARP money during the economic downturn. Thought it would be too small for me, I'd gotten used to more mid-sized cars, so, never drove one. Drove one, liked it. got one. Great deal. Getting 39mpg going back and forth to work 15 miles one way, on back roads, curvy, hilly. Manual shifter. Up shift when lighted arrow tells me to. Hit 5th gear by 35mph. Could use a sixth gear on highway. Also, headlights don't reach out real far, low, or high beams. But the price, and styling, gas milage, and other features make this car enjoyable to drive, and own. I got $2,500 off in Ford rebates, dealer knocked $795 off as sale price, Ford knocked $490 off sticker, "Synch and sound discount", dealer overvalued my trade by $1,000, and I'll get $2,200 back from unused extended warrantee, and GAP protection on my trade. Great stereo. The business of the center console I saw from outside the vehicle is not the same as what I experience inside the cabin, and driving it. Similarly the dash. I had a 2013 Fusion S, which I liked, and then a Kia Sportage LX FWD in between. This car surprises me. It is a small car, but one of my favorite cars of all time was a 1996 Honda Civic DX Coupe 5spd manual that I put 273,000 miles on before trading it on a 2004 Chevy Impala."

Loving this car

By on Saturday, June 14, 2014

Pros: "Fun drive, sporty, great gas milage."

Cons: "no armrests, children in boosters little leg room."

"Love the power this little car has along with the stylish body. I traded a 2004 Toyota Matrix and made the right choice. Better gas mileage, speed, power, comfort. I work 20 miles away from home and a full tank gets me almost two weeks plus my weekends. I purchased used with 50,000 miles for just under $14,000 and the insurance is very affordable. Great ride on long distances. One complaint from kids was their feet were either squished due to the height of booster seat or their feet are on the back of seats getting them dirty."

Steady runner

By on Friday, June 13, 2014

"I've owned this car for a year - so far I had no mechanical problems and it's been a steady runner for highway trips. However, when it comes to comfort, and anything remotely "fancy" - this is not even slightly the car for you. Top issues that I've had with this car: - driving dynamics. this car has very low maneuverability! I'm not a race car driver, but when I'm trying to get out of a bad corner on the way from daycare in rush hour, I want to be confident this car can get up and go. It chokes first, then gradually speeds up. So, no short passes, quick maneuvers at all, period. - this car has the most uncomfortable passenger seat ever!! the glove box is where your knees are and there is no way you can move far enough to get comfy - regardless how tall/big/skinny you are. never mind the fact that the backseat size is really small (choose car seats wisely). Trunk size is good though. - sound system. okay, i know i was getting the base model but really?? really?? I have a $4 speaker at home that hooks up to my phone or laptop via bluetooth which sounds MUCH better than this system. $4!! - this car has only 2 cup holders for driver, no other accommodations. you also won't find an ash tray there. oh, and AUX is in the glovebox - look closely. I do like: - blind spot mirrors - safety release in the trunk - cheap parts if repair needed - so far, consistency and reliability. - LOVE gas mileage. The most I was able to get out of it was 37.5 (above manufacturer's ratings) - that was highway miles for a few days. Currently mix of city\highway - 31.1. Love it. - I do like that it blends in - sometimes it's just handy :)"

Great car, fun to drive, great mileage and looks

By on Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Pros: "Price, mileage, looks, comfortable"

Cons: "Front wheel drive torque is hard to get used to."

"I have owned this for a few months and so I can't really talk about reliability, but so far so good, great mileage, when sticking to 68 with cruise control, the mileage indicator reads 42.5 mpg, drops to about 38 mpg at 72, which is pretty much what people drive at here in so cal on the fwy. It handles really good for a stock setup and when tires get replaced and i put on some better shocks, this thing will undoubtedly be a real hoot!. My only complaint is this lag time I get sometime if I really stomp on it, I've read that its the electronics not having time to make the motor respond quickly enough? Double clutch transmission, shifts so smoothly you really don't notice it going thru the 6 speeds. Overall for the money and the just plain cool looking car, not to mention rebates FORD offers with this car, I find it hard to get a better car for the $$, All of this is of course my opinion, but I have been a professional driver for 35 years, so I know whats what. Cheers!!"

This car is so much fun to drive!

By on Monday, June 09, 2014

Pros: "The turbo is very smooth and easy to drive."

Cons: "If it was all wheel drive it would be perfect."

"This car handles very well and is surprisingly fast. I love to drive and I like challenging other drivers in their expensive cars. I did embarrass a BMW owner on a local curvy road."

Good little car

By on Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Pros: "Good looking, great gas mileage"

Cons: "Transmission problems"

Can't deny it, she's a real looker.

"I really loved my 2012 Focus. For the most part, it is a nice little car. It's good looking and gets great gas mileage. The only thing I don't care for is how it feels like the transmission is slipping when taking off from a stop. I took it back to the dealership right after I got it thinking something was wrong with it. They said they drove it and didn't feel anything out of the ordinary. Isn't that how it always goes? Your car never does what you want it to do when you take to the mechanic. That's when I got online and found out there are a lot of other people complaining about the same problem. The new power shift duel clutch transmission is garbage. I just hope the seals in mine don't start leaking like they have in other people's. Right now I owe more than it's worth but if I didn't, I would trade it in for something else. Very worried."

Can't deny it, she's a real looker.

OK Car, but not well designed in the little areas

By on Monday, June 02, 2014

Pros: "Nice looking, electronics are great"

Cons: "Back small, balky engine, no garage door opener"

"I was amazed that I could not store a set of clubs in the car without putting down one of the seats - Fail for me. Also, I didn't check (my bad), but this car, top of the line does not have a built in garage door opener (fail). The engine balks when I take off whether it is cold or warm. I've owned honda, acura, and toyota. Now, I remember why I made the switch to Japanese cars. Final note: Mileage was very disappointing for a car this small."