2013 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $15,415 - $15,888.

10/7.1

7.4

Based on 302 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

7.6/10
    7.5/10
    7.6/10
Previous | 1 ... 10 11 12 13 | Next

Okay, not great.

By on Saturday, December 24, 2011

"Car gets great mileage and is a blast to drive, but the dual clutch isn't that great. Its quirks are pretty annoying at lower speeds and gearing is awful. I'm just surprised by how erratic the trans actually is. Other Ford owners have said that it's just the way a DCT works. The problem with that is that I've driven VW's DSG and did experience the same problems. Other problems have been creaks and rattles. The interior looks well made, but it really isn't."

FORD IS AWESOME!! I WANT TO KEEP THIS CAR FOREVER!

By on Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Pros: "EVERYTHING"

Cons: "Getting used to the transmission."

"The new 2012 Ford Focus is PHENOMENAL!! That words solely describes everything about this vehicle. I just traded in my red 2011 Ford Focus SES that I only bought 14 months ago for a new blue candy metallic 2012 Ford Focus Titanium Sedan. I LOVE the hatchback too, but I also make frequent use of my moon roof, which I also had in my 2011 Focus, and I just couldn't live without it, so I bought the sedan that had it over the Hatchback that didn't. I admit I am totally crazy for buying a new car only 14 months after buying one, but I cannot express enough that I am SO GLAD I did! I was absolutely in love with my 2011 Ford Focus SES (the sporty model w/ nice wheels and sport suspension), but the 2012 is just that much better. I have the 18-inch alloy wheels w/ sport suspension and Michelin tires came with it. This car handles impeccably, taking even the most extreme curves nicely. I have leather seats, and they are the most comfortable seats. The car feels like it's smaller, but it's actually bigger; the front dash is nice and broad, and there seems to be more head room. The premium sound system by Sony is ridiculous, especially for that size car! My sound system could easily be matched up with luxury cars!! People tend to complain about the transmission, but it responds as you want it to - if I punch it, it takes off (actually surprisingly fast). The MyFordTouch does just about everything you want it to do, and it works really well. I noticed a huge improvement in how it syncs up with my Ipod and Iphone compared to my 2011 model; the voice commands even work :-). I highly recommend this car or any car made by Ford to anyone!!"

Got to keep it for the weekend

By on Thursday, November 24, 2011

I don't own this car

Pros: "Fun to drive."

Cons: "I think there are better cars for the money."

"Pros: Good mileage, looks great, handles well and the interior feels well made for the price. Cons: Very expensive for a small car (Almost $30k for a fully loaded Titanium!), everything is more complicated than it has to be, the MyFord Touch is pointless and just makes simple things a distraction, back seat was pretty small, and the the Dual Clutch trans is terrible. The DCT in very erratic, rough and it really doesn't shift that much better than a regular transmission. If I were to buy this car, it wouldn't be with the DCT or the MFT system."

what a geat car to own and fun to drive.

By on Sunday, November 20, 2011

Pros: "Plenty of driver leg room, My Ford Touch, Handling"

"This car is really fun to drive, it handles wonderful and corners exceptional. The car is comfortable and has extreamly handsome looks. This car has everything I could ask for, front leg room is plentyfull when driving with no limitations. Usually in a smaller car your left leg feels cramped against the drivers side door but with this car my left leg has all the room I could ask for. The My Ford Touch is outstanding with all the information I could ask for. There are so much information that this system provides that I could want and more. I enjoy the ride on the highway which is very important to me. I would certainly recommend this vehicle to anyone who is interested in buying one. Ford keep up the good work."

Excellent gas mileage at 33mpg so far

By on Friday, November 18, 2011

Pros: "Great in all aspects as far as I am concerned!"

Cons: "None!"

"I have not owned a Ford automobile since 1966. This met my needs perfectly. The engine is amazingly quiet at idle, comfortable interior, smooth riding, excellent handling and best of all it gets good gas mileage exceeding the EPA estimated. I expect that highway gas mileage will meet or exceed the EPA estimated too. The quality of the car both exterior and interior is excellent. In short I love this car!"

Could not be happier

By on Sunday, November 13, 2011

Pros: "Well balanced: design, performance, quality"

Cons: "Needs a center arm rest for the back seat."

"This car is top of its class. I drove several others to include the Civic, and found this to be the best value. High quality materials, both in and out, crisp engineering, and advanced technology puts this car years ahead of others in its class. I read the negatives that KBB evaluators wrote, and I like the whole SYNC set up. Takes a few moments to get to know, but since this is the technology age, it is targeted at a larger customer group. I also noticed the back seat provided the most room for my kids booster seats."

Hands-down best car in the compact segment

By on Sunday, November 13, 2011

Pros: "Gas mileage,looks, driving dynamics,features,price"

Cons: "No rear cup-holders without leather package"

One great looking little Car.

"Forget everything you know about American cars, forget the cheap reputation Fords of the past had, this new Focus is outstanding. From the first second you sit down in this car you get the impression its made of quality materials; that feeling is heightened once you take it for a drive. The suspension is perfectly balanced, striking the right notes between comfort and control. You can feel the tires beneath you gripping the pavement as you make sharp cornering maneuvers, yet you don't feel every gap in the road while on the freeway. The 6 speed duel clutch transmission takes some getting used to as it behaves more like a manual, but once you drive it for a few weeks you'll never look back. Shifts are fast and smooth, never lurching the car between gears like many other automatics. During a pedal to the metal merge the transmission really snaps to life, evoking a throaty roar from the engine as you get to sixty miles an hour in just over seven seconds; over a second faster than most cars in its class. (Looking at you Civic) I average 29 miles around town and I frequently get over 42 on the highway, so yes, the Focus really does live up to its eco-minded claims. Interior materials are soft to the touch where it counts, and well textured where you hands may never go. It feels much fancier than similar cars in its segment. As far as reliability goes, stay far away from MyFord touch. This is the single biggest complaint with the car, and you'll save money by sticking with just the voice controlled 6-speaker radio.(Which by itself is class leading) The engine in the car is rock solid, and on the whole the transmissions are fine; the people who have problems are the most likely to write reviews after-all."

One great looking little Car.

I love my new focus! Great gas mileage!

By on Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive and sporty."

"I had been driving a Mazda I bought 16 years ago brand new. Decided it was time for a new vehicle. I love the look of the new Focus 5 door. It is roomy and comfortable. Perfect for my family of 4."

Very Good small car

By on Saturday, November 05, 2011

Pros: "Fun to toss around, great mileage and looks"

Cons: "expensive to get into,"

"I purchased 2nd car in my area. I am pleased with the vehicle It actually corners better than my '09 mustang gt. The transmission does need some tweaking and I understand that a reprogram is available at the dealer that fixes the stuttering and false shifting. I have seen 37 mpg on trips and 29.5 around town."

Problems with instrument cluster going out.

By on Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Pros: "Price, gas milage"

Cons: "Instrument panel malfunctioning"

"Instrument cluster will go out when temp is below 45 degrees. Odometer, Tachometer, all guages and LED screen will all quit working. First dealer worked on problem four days. Ford regional customer specialist suggested I go to another dealer. They have had the car four days so far. They can replicate the problem, but have no idea how to fix it. It's a shame because it could be a good car, but I would not recommend it due to these unresolved issues."

Junk.

By on Wednesday, October 26, 2011

I don't own this car

"Got to drive one of these the other day. Boy, is it junk. Transmission shakin' and shutterin' all the time. It was also EXTREMELY underpowered. You'd think a Company as old as Ford would have it right by now...Guess not. Salesman asked me what was wrong and said this car was "best in class"....LOL SURE!!! I couldn't stop laughing after he said that."

Solid car with great styling and handling

By on Thursday, October 20, 2011

Pros: "handling, styling, mpg"

Cons: "noisy engine, transmission roughness, A/C, vents"

"Really like the handling and styling of the vehicle. Great driving position and allows good visibility of the road. Back seat is small for adults but hatchback provides decent luggage/grocery space. Transmission/engine is a little noisy at low speeds and when starting out. Air conditioning struggles to cool the vehicle at anything but max A/C and adjustability of vents is lacking, but both minor issues. Fun to drive and for a small car I don't think you could expect much more from the interior/exterior styling. The mechanical parts of the vehicle are real close to being great but could use a little tweeking."

Great car for commuting and for road trips!

By on Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Pros: "affordable, good mileage, big trunk, stylish, fun to drive"

Cons: "needs a little more room in the backseat, SYNC needs a hearing aid"

"I bought this car for commuting, then found I like to drive it on the weekends also. My wife likes to drive it and I've received many positive compliments from others who see it and admire it. I thought it would get good mileage and I was right. I has been averaging 34 MPG during some bad commute days - two hours each way every work day. It has nice features and a few little quirks. The transmission makes a little noise when shifting at low speeds, but no problems on the freeway. The interior is nice, but a little cramped for adults in the back seat. The trunk is HUGE. The styling is nice. SYNC needs a little work to understand commands - especially when there is road noise. Also, the turn-by-turn navigation just can't keep up when downtown or driving near high-rise buildings -- all minor stuff overall."

best bang for the buck

By on Sunday, September 11, 2011

Pros: "quality,value,performance gas mileage"

Cons: "no manual option on titanium model"

"Have bought almost 20 new cars in my life,for the money this is one of my favorites,wanted to buy american so traded in my 07 civic si no regrets the ford quality and refinement continues to surprise me,don't believe the hype about ford my touch its awsome and works well,if ur tech savvy its a breeze to learn. Gas mileage is awesome 40 highway,,ps I recomend titanium edition has all the bells and whistles"

Stay Away From This Car

By on Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Pros: "Styling is dead on, Lot's of features for price"

Cons: "Transmission has issues that Ford won't resolve."

"I purchased this 2012 Focus about 3 weeks ago and while it drove nice off the dealer lot after it warmed up and during city driving the car began to shudder when taking off from a stop. I took it to the dealer and they confirmed the shudder I was feeling, They contacted Ford and they stated it was normal. How many of you would care to purchase a car that shudders when taking off from a stop and then would you consider it normal? I talked to Ford Customer Service and that was just a waste of a phone call. In a time when we really have to pinch our pennies it just shock's me that a company such as Ford would not offer any assistance to the customer. There is also issues on some with the electronic power steering and people are finding they have to fight hard to get these vehicles fixed. As a new potential owner do you really want to take a chance and hope that you get a good one? Ford stated that thes issues are isloated incidents but yet they turn right around and say it is normal. How can something be a isloated incident and normal at the same time? Ford has lost my business and while this car is very nice in the looks and style department if you have issues after 2 days off the lot and they refuse to fix it I doubt it is really worth owning."

My Touch makes life EASY

By on Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Pros: "Great technology. Fun to Drive. Great fuel economy."

Cons: "needs more storage nooks for devices in the front."

"A lot of people have made negative comments about the Ford My Touch system. After owning the system for 5,000 miles. I have a very different opinion. Every review I have read has missed the whole point of this system. The 8.5 inch touch screen is the SECONDARY way to control things. The PRIMARY way is to use your VOICE. With out taking your hands off of the wheel, you have complete control of the radio, climate control, your phone and nav if you have it. On a typical car, if you are listening to station 10 on Sirius and you want to switch to 117, you have to punch in the numbers or spin a knob. With My Touch, I just say, "117". While the back seat is tight, the front is not cramped at all. It feels like one of the widest cars in its class. My only quibble is that the dual clutch trans is clearly programmed biased toward fuel economy and can be slow to downshift sometimes."

Ford should have produced more of these babies!

By on Friday, July 22, 2011

Pros: "$tops on a dime and so quite the built in phone is easy blue tooth cool!"

Cons: "View of surrounding traffic hard to judge due to sleek styling, get used to using mirrors."

"You will need to rely on the mirrors...the view from the cockpit is limited to the rear but Ford did provide dual rear view mirrors to help. Interior appointments are more like the high end mid-sized although you will need to dish out more $ if you want electric seats. A pump style seat lever is all the SEL brings to the plate but how many times does one need to adjust the seating to gain mpg and styling the Focus SEL Hatchback is packing. I am stoked to have bought the only one within 500miles of Salt Lake or Tallahassee."

Loving it

By on Friday, July 15, 2011

Pros: "Quality interior, supportive leather seats, My Ford Touch, gas mileage, drives great"

Cons: "Could use one more small storage area up front"

"Finally a small car with excellent gas mileage that has both style and a quality interior. The 6-speed automatic manual transmission has been smooth and flawless and I especially like the Sport mode. The My Ford Touch (MFT) has also performed without error for me. The soft touch material, upscale materials in the Titanium, excellent supportive leather seating, along with driving performance have made the Ford Focus Titanium an successful alternative to pricier semi-luxury vehicles along with improved gas mileage. The hatch, while 7 inches shorter than the Sedan, provides the same interior room and much more versatility when it comes to storage space. I found everything I wanted option wise without having to give up gas mileage to get it and at a substantially lower price. I was initially worried that this car wouldn’t have enough power, but I’ve found the performance of the 160 horsepower engine to me more than adequate when it comes to power. I’m very pleased with my purchase."

Wow !! Great Car

By on Saturday, July 09, 2011

Pros: "So Impressed with this new car !"

Cons: "None so far"

"To anyone looking for a Compact Car, this is the one you want. Mine is SE with Sport Pkg, heated seats, etc. Everything is 1st Class, especailly the ride and handling. I did a quyick trip on freeway got over 38 MPG, on avery hot day !! One of the best things about the Car is it's looks, it is a grabber, even people in BMW's give a second look, propably because it looks like a European Car, mainly an Audi A-3."

Excellent CAR!!

By on Thursday, July 07, 2011

Pros: "fuel efficent, very comfortable, back up camera"

Cons: "not a lot of storage areas especially for cell phones"

"I have really enjoyed my new 2012 Focus SEL. The redesign has really made this car. I do wish they had made a place for cell phones on the dash but this is really only compliant and/or a few more storage areas. LOVE the back up camera!! Great fuel mileage around 35mpg so far."

Awesome Titanium!

By on Friday, July 01, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, tons of features, great price, quiet and comfortable."

Cons: "No trunk release, small trunk."

"I bought my titanium about a week ago and got to say I LOVE it! I went from a 2006 focus to this one and got to say they have made some serious improvements. The ride is very smooth and quiet. Only notice the ride on the worst of roads. The seat is very comfortable and I like having all the controls on the steering wheel. Get the titanium package to get all the tricks...power seat, leather seats etc. The sound system is incredible and I love the docking station for my ipod. I haven't had any problems with the transmision that everyone is complaining about. Works great for my uses. All the gripping about the back seat...look everyone it's a compact, what do you expect? I don't need leg room in the back. The wipers take some getting use to. My only real complaint has to deal with the trunk, a inside release would be nice. My 2006 had a button right behid the steering wheel. Since I have keyless ignition I have to fumble around looking for the key fob. And the trunk does seem smaller. But other then that love it. Everyone hates the my ford touch...I don't mind it. There are some things you are not supposed to do whil driving, like browsing station listings, or ipod contents. Use my ford sync to do that. All you have to do is tell it to play song or station or album and it will do it for you. No need to take the eyes off the road."

Great car

By on Tuesday, May 11, 2010

"This car is an amazing value for its price its fun to drive and looks beautiful i love mine."

By on Tuesday, May 11, 2010

"In 2003 my car got burn in a fire. We need a car so I told my wife to go out and buy one. She came back with a 2004 Focus. I thought she would buy a Foreign one. It has been a excellent car. It has 78,000 plus milage on it and besides regular oil changes, the only thing I have replace is a set of tires and front brake pads twice. Next time the rotors. I have purchase another one for my a 2009. love the milage. I was going to buy a Preus Hyd but I would have to drive it for 8 years at $5.00 a gallon just to brake even"

Love the car

By on Friday, January 08, 2010

"At 192,000 our 2001 got passed down to kids (after engine overhaul) and we purchased a 2010. On a recent trip we got 39.1 mpg, driving in Vegas 33.6, and am averaging 36.6 now. We have 4,500 miles on the car and it has been great. Lots of pick up, really quiet (no road noise like the 2001). Also, 2001 had reduced 22 mpg if you drive over 52 mph. The road trip was cruise set at 70 mph and still great gas mileage. Love the car!"

Great Value

By on Sunday, January 03, 2010

"First Ford Focus and pleasantly surprised by the value. Great pep in its step."

Previous | 1 ... 10 11 12 13 | Next