2013 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $15,508 - $15,989.

10/7.1

7.3

Based on 259 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

7.5/10
    7.4/10
    7.5/10
    7.6/10
Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Worth it

By on Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pros: "Great gas, fun to drive"

Cons: "hard to get in and out if you not skinny and young"

"I drive 114 miles to and from work gas was hitting 4.00 a gallon. This is what motvated me to buy the Focus. I have a 2006 Ford Escape love it. The Focus is fun to drive and great on gas. But, the Focus is not built for older people or large people to get in and out of. I have never had a small car like this but the first time I drove it in the rain and it stuck to the road like there was glue on the tires I was happy, happy, happy! I would buy another one."

Fun and affordable

By on Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Pros: "fair price and a comfortable ride"

Cons: "sync can be difficult to use if no one shows you"

"I've had my focus for the last 7 months. I am a single guy and it has been a great car so far. Very comfortable, fun and affordable. I achieved 40 mpg on my way to San Fransico, with 3 other people in the car. They mentioned that they were comfortable as well and thats almost a 600 mile round-trip. Overall I am impressed with the quality, the quietness and efficiency of the vehicle."

Love my Focus Titanium

By on Monday, November 11, 2013

Pros: "Great fun and value."

Cons: "ahhh. not really anything wrong"

"I received my Focus Titanium hatchback last December after ordering the model I wanted. The candy blue paint really pops in the sun. The steering is tight, the seats hold you in. I love the dual clutch transmission and the way the engine really wakes up above 3k RPM. I can hit 40 MPG if I'm gentle on speed, but normally the car wants to go, so i'm closer to 36 or 37 mpg. I love the balance of the car. The great stereo. The only negative I've seen on the car is I notice a piece of trim on the door isn't perfectly aligned. The car is tight but could be a little stiffer in hard corners, but I like stiff. The car is quiet at speed. I haven't had to do anything except change the oil (note there is a cover under the car to improve aerodynamics and deaden sound that needs to come off to change oil). I'm driving a rental Escape with the 2.0 turbo so i'm wondering if I should have bought the ST. overall the focus has been bullet proof, sips gas and goess like a demon when pushed."

Love it to the max.

By on Monday, October 28, 2013

Pros: "Handling, Smooth ride, quiet, Design, Quality"

Cons: "transmission is unique, and patience is needed."

"A very nimble road feel, but long wheelbase and suspension feels smooth and quiet on rough roads. Very fast pickup when needed, and 6 spd Automatic Transmission is great and smooth shifting. Easy/Fun to drive in all kinds of traffic. With only 2000 mi driven mine is getting MPG as advertised. Paint and trim quality very high, perfect. "Feels" as good as '98 Honda Prelude I once had. I am impressed with the Pricing, a great deal $ !"

My first Ford Focus

By on Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Pros: "gas mileage, sync, safety ratings"

Cons: "nothing"

"I grew up in a household that only bought other makes and models (chevy,japanese). I love my Ford! I am extremely happy that I choose the Focus over the Corolla and Civic. I believe that Ford has been doing their 100%!! If you are interested in a Ford, GO DRIVE ONE! They drive great! Oh, and by the way its GREAT in the snow!"

Fun to drive & great mileage

By on Monday, October 07, 2013

Pros: "Very fun to drive. Relatively fast, great handling"

Cons: "Sync has a steep learning curve due to features"

"I swore off Ford in the 1990s, but this car changed my mind. I tested it against the Hyundai Elantra, Chevy Cruze and Mazda 3 (couldn't get past that freakish front-end smile on the 2013). Initial quality problems: zero. PROS: Very fun to drive. Relatively fast and great handling. Sync system (NOT the Touch system) seemed a bit gimmicky at first, but has fantastic, useful features that let you keep your eyes on the road. Voice and turn-by-turn instructions work VERY well. To date, I average over 36mpg highway and constantly 32+ in the city-with a heavy foot. The manual stick has a high-end feel. There are so many features that aren't usually mentioned in the press: auto lights, intermittent speed-based wipers, auto sound level based on speed, auto reverse wipers (on hatch) when backing, etc. Oil changes based on its oil quality measuring system, not mileage (up to 10,000). CONS: Sync has a steep learning curve because of all the features. Ford could definitely improve on its instructions. Steering is twitchy on long, flat interstate drives (but absolutely perfect in city and curves). Blind spots on rear, split mirrors help this."

Best Hot Hatch on the Market

By on Thursday, February 27, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, power, handling, reliable"

Cons: "fuel economy, SYNC"

"Even after 32000 miles, track days and a few autox's the car has been fantastic. No major issues, only minor glitch's with SYNC, though after the most recent update it's worked really well. As an overall car for under $30k it's hard to beat for a daily driver that you can still take to the track or autox on the weekends."

Amazing drivers car

By on Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Pros: "Power, Exterior Styling, Manual, Recaro Seats"

Cons: "Rear seat room, Cheap guages on dash, torque steer"

"When I first test drove this car I new I was going to buy it. The ST is probably the best hot hatchback currently available in its price range. The interior is decent but the exterior is whats best. This car has a lot of power for its size and is truly a pleasure to drive day in and day out. Now that I have a car that is a manual, I will likely never switch back to an automatic. This is a great car, and I thoroughly enjoy it every day. The only downside I can think of would be the cheap gauges on the dash (almost as if they were an afterthought) along with ridiculous torque steer."

Great car, great value, amazing mileage.

By on Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Pros: "lots of torque, fun to drive, comfortable seating."

Cons: "Larger people will leave the rear seats cramped"

"The car doesn't have quite the horsepower as the competitors but it puts the power where it needs it. The 0-60 times are close to the other cars in the category that have over 200hp. The focus does this while being able to get me 40 mpg on highways. Love the car and I have convinced a few friends to opt for the new focus as their next investment."

Fun to drive very sporty feel good gas milege

By on Thursday, September 19, 2013

Pros: "gas milege and acceleration many options on sel"

Cons: "transmission could be better"

"I have had this car for almost 2 years. No problems so far everything is smooth. This car is faster then i thought 0-60 in 7.5 seconds yet still averages 32 mpg. I am very happy i have the sel version with navigation."

It's been a great car

By on Sunday, September 08, 2013

Pros: "Fuel economy and handling is great !"

Cons: "Driver side door gasket does not hold up."

"Do a lot of driving for work mostly highway average 33.4 MPG. Has been very reliable in the 2.5 years I've owned it."

Great Value

By on Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Pros: "Luxury options at an economy price"

Cons: "160 HP is a little light for my driving style."

"Fun car to drive, with as advertised fuel mileage and real eye appeal. Car enthusiasts are constantly giving positive, unsolicited comments. The only mods done are cosmetic. A waist line pin stripe and red caliper paint to offset the beautiful black paint job from the factory. The leather seats are comfortable even on an all-day drive. The controls are well placed and the Ford Sync is an interesting toy. The backup camera should always be part of the hatchback package, it works well even in the dark. The extra pass from the wipers when cleaning is genius."

Best vehicle ever

By on Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Pros: "i love every thing!!"

"Its been 28000 miles on the road and about a year and i love this car it is really reliable. I have test drive the dart, cruze, civic, and the mazda but the focus wins hands down"

Great, fun, well designed

By on Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Pros: "good value, great handling, manual transmission"

Cons: "sync infotainment is mostly good, but has some bug"

"I have owned this vehicle for a couple of months now, and have really liked it thus far. I test drove both the automatic and manual transmissions, and found the manual transmission to be very easy and fun to drive. I have really come to like the manual transmission. The automatic transmission has had more mixed reviews, so I opted for the manual and am really glad I did. The car is very responsive, handles well and is quite fun to drive. No real issues thus far other than a reset that was required with the sync infotainment system. The interior and driver controls are very well thought out. Attention to details like the blind spot mirrors integrated into the side mirrors really make a noticeable difference in the overall driving experience of the car. The focus has plenty of power, yet gets really good gas mileage. I do all city driving going to and from work, and have been averaging 28 mpg."

I love it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By on Friday, March 14, 2014

Pros: "Great M.P.G, sporty, fun to drive, head turner."

Cons: "NONE, NONE, NONE, NONE, NONE, NONE, NONE, NONE"

"I bought a Titanium Sedan a week ago and love it. Granted I only put 200 miles on it so far but, I have no complaints. I laughed at all the reviews on here about the transmission. WELL if you would of read reviews on the car you'd know about the transmission. I noticed it shifts different then my 2002 Grand Prix BUT, hey they're different cars. I really don't see anything wrong with the shifting. It's a Focus not a Caddy or Jag. Do your homework people before you buy a car. I have 3 friends who own one too and they're not complaining about the transmission. Bought it in Performance Blue and it's a head turner, car has a lot of pep for a compact. seats are comfortable, everything is within easy reach, great gas mileage."

Great little fast car!

By on Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Pros: "Handling, Power, and looks."

Cons: "None."

"I have never owned a compact car before but wanted somthing that is good on fuel but also fun to drive. So, I bought a 2014 Ford Focus St. So far this car has not let me down. It is really fun to drive and gives me great gas mileage. I get an average of 25 mpg and that's with hard driving. This car just loves the curves. I really can't find anything wrong with this car at all."

Disappointed

By on Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Cons: "Too many other better cars to chose from."

"Transmission problems at 19,000. Fuel injectors are loud. It reminds me of an old car with bad valves. Inefficient door locking system."

Just a very fun little car to drive...

By on Sunday, April 13, 2014

Pros: "w/FWD, handles well in sowy/icy weather."

Cons: "Moonroof inside cover comes just slightly open."

"Handles well. Excellent response. Takes a corner like it's on rails. The 2.0L engine is surprisingly quick w/good power. Really a sharp looking vehicle in Sterling Grey metallic w/the moon-roof & hatchback. 28 - 32 mpg. Just a very fun little car to drive."

beautiful styling ,

By on Friday, March 21, 2014

Pros: "nice pickup,nice body styling"

Cons: "plug outlet poorly designed ,transmission loud"

"liked the car initially ,beautiful styling, but the plug outlet is placed behind the cup holder and if you have a drink of soda pop and sloshes into the plug it will short it out , they will charge you $45 to replace the fuse. The transmission failed several times, wouldn't go in reverse and was loud when shifting. It didn't have Bluetooth, which should be mandatory for all cars. Body is low to the ground and no handle on the ceiling to help you out. a lot of space in the trunk , I carried a 55" flat screen tv without a problem."

handling that saved my life

By on Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Pros: "as it states great price and fun to drive"

Cons: "needs some place to keep my pens and phone #s."

"this car has never given me a problem. I have been into the dealership for all of the check ups. on time, that can save you money and your life. I was driving on 95 in an area of new construction. one of the large barriers was sticking out. my rear tire caught the protrusion and tossed the car up. I was able to control and pull to the side of the road. thank you ford"

Little red focus

By on Thursday, March 13, 2014

Pros: "Great mps fun to drive"

Cons: "Lots of funny noises and poping"

"I bought my 2012 ford focus used with 8000 miles on it. when I first got it there was a thumping in the front end after 3 trips to the dealership I got a new strut. Other than that I have had it hit 53 mpg on the highway. it is lots of fun to drive in the mountains or any where for that matter."

transmission unpredictable and undependable

By on Thursday, February 13, 2014

Pros: "fuel efficiency"

Cons: "transmission fails between 50-60,000 miles."

"We have five of the 2012 models in our fleet. Three of them have had total transmission overhauls. One at 60,900 miles where Ford denied any assistance. One at 55,000 miles under warranty, then AGAIN AT 61,000 miles. The car is much smaller than previous models, costs more, and is not the quality of what we come to expect from Ford Focuses. We have run as many as 15 Focuses at a time in our fleet. Not now. We had 6, now down to five and soon to be at NONE. They messed up a great car."

I love my ST2!

By on Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Pros: "Engine "pep" Tangerine Scream color. Recaro seats"

Cons: "Lower gas mileage than projected"

"I traded a V6 Mustang for my ST2. Very "peppy" turbocharged engine. Sync has worked well so far. Great on long drives. Gas mileage does not match what is projected on the window sticker."

Great car for the money

By on Saturday, January 19, 2013

Pros: "fuel milage, great ride for smaller car."

Cons: "None so far"

"Traded my 2006 Focus SE for this new Focus SE and so far it meeting all my expectations. Had to take someone to the Orlando airport which was 190 miles roundtrip and average 39.1 mpg."

My 3rd car ever (after driving 20 years)

By on Thursday, June 28, 2012

Pros: "Head turner, fun to drive, stylish, gas mileage"

"Sleek, stylish, very reactive and comfortable ride. Turns heads, and makes you love to drive again."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25