2013 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $15,508 - $15,989.

10/7.1

7.3

Based on 259 Ratings for the 2012 - 2014 models.

7.5/10
    7.4/10
    7.5/10
    7.6/10
Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

Worth it

By on Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Pros: "Great gas, fun to drive"

Cons: "hard to get in and out if you not skinny and young"

"I drive 114 miles to and from work gas was hitting 4.00 a gallon. This is what motvated me to buy the Focus. I have a 2006 Ford Escape love it. The Focus is fun to drive and great on gas. But, the Focus is not built for older people or large people to get in and out of. I have never had a small car like this but the first time I drove it in the rain and it stuck to the road like there was glue on the tires I was happy, happy, happy! I would buy another one."

Fun and affordable

By on Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Pros: "fair price and a comfortable ride"

Cons: "sync can be difficult to use if no one shows you"

"I've had my focus for the last 7 months. I am a single guy and it has been a great car so far. Very comfortable, fun and affordable. I achieved 40 mpg on my way to San Fransico, with 3 other people in the car. They mentioned that they were comfortable as well and thats almost a 600 mile round-trip. Overall I am impressed with the quality, the quietness and efficiency of the vehicle."

Love my Focus Titanium

By on Monday, November 11, 2013

Pros: "Great fun and value."

Cons: "ahhh. not really anything wrong"

"I received my Focus Titanium hatchback last December after ordering the model I wanted. The candy blue paint really pops in the sun. The steering is tight, the seats hold you in. I love the dual clutch transmission and the way the engine really wakes up above 3k RPM. I can hit 40 MPG if I'm gentle on speed, but normally the car wants to go, so i'm closer to 36 or 37 mpg. I love the balance of the car. The great stereo. The only negative I've seen on the car is I notice a piece of trim on the door isn't perfectly aligned. The car is tight but could be a little stiffer in hard corners, but I like stiff. The car is quiet at speed. I haven't had to do anything except change the oil (note there is a cover under the car to improve aerodynamics and deaden sound that needs to come off to change oil). I'm driving a rental Escape with the 2.0 turbo so i'm wondering if I should have bought the ST. overall the focus has been bullet proof, sips gas and goess like a demon when pushed."

Love it to the max.

By on Monday, October 28, 2013

Pros: "Handling, Smooth ride, quiet, Design, Quality"

Cons: "transmission is unique, and patience is needed."

"A very nimble road feel, but long wheelbase and suspension feels smooth and quiet on rough roads. Very fast pickup when needed, and 6 spd Automatic Transmission is great and smooth shifting. Easy/Fun to drive in all kinds of traffic. With only 2000 mi driven mine is getting MPG as advertised. Paint and trim quality very high, perfect. "Feels" as good as '98 Honda Prelude I once had. I am impressed with the Pricing, a great deal $ !"

My first Ford Focus

By on Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Pros: "gas mileage, sync, safety ratings"

Cons: "nothing"

"I grew up in a household that only bought other makes and models (chevy,japanese). I love my Ford! I am extremely happy that I choose the Focus over the Corolla and Civic. I believe that Ford has been doing their 100%!! If you are interested in a Ford, GO DRIVE ONE! They drive great! Oh, and by the way its GREAT in the snow!"

Fun to drive & great mileage

By on Monday, October 07, 2013

Pros: "Very fun to drive. Relatively fast, great handling"

Cons: "Sync has a steep learning curve due to features"

"I swore off Ford in the 1990s, but this car changed my mind. I tested it against the Hyundai Elantra, Chevy Cruze and Mazda 3 (couldn't get past that freakish front-end smile on the 2013). Initial quality problems: zero. PROS: Very fun to drive. Relatively fast and great handling. Sync system (NOT the Touch system) seemed a bit gimmicky at first, but has fantastic, useful features that let you keep your eyes on the road. Voice and turn-by-turn instructions work VERY well. To date, I average over 36mpg highway and constantly 32+ in the city-with a heavy foot. The manual stick has a high-end feel. There are so many features that aren't usually mentioned in the press: auto lights, intermittent speed-based wipers, auto sound level based on speed, auto reverse wipers (on hatch) when backing, etc. Oil changes based on its oil quality measuring system, not mileage (up to 10,000). CONS: Sync has a steep learning curve because of all the features. Ford could definitely improve on its instructions. Steering is twitchy on long, flat interstate drives (but absolutely perfect in city and curves). Blind spots on rear, split mirrors help this."

Best Hot Hatch on the Market

By on Thursday, February 27, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive, power, handling, reliable"

Cons: "fuel economy, SYNC"

"Even after 32000 miles, track days and a few autox's the car has been fantastic. No major issues, only minor glitch's with SYNC, though after the most recent update it's worked really well. As an overall car for under $30k it's hard to beat for a daily driver that you can still take to the track or autox on the weekends."

Amazing drivers car

By on Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Pros: "Power, Exterior Styling, Manual, Recaro Seats"

Cons: "Rear seat room, Cheap guages on dash, torque steer"

"When I first test drove this car I new I was going to buy it. The ST is probably the best hot hatchback currently available in its price range. The interior is decent but the exterior is whats best. This car has a lot of power for its size and is truly a pleasure to drive day in and day out. Now that I have a car that is a manual, I will likely never switch back to an automatic. This is a great car, and I thoroughly enjoy it every day. The only downside I can think of would be the cheap gauges on the dash (almost as if they were an afterthought) along with ridiculous torque steer."

Great car, great value, amazing mileage.

By on Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Pros: "lots of torque, fun to drive, comfortable seating."

Cons: "Larger people will leave the rear seats cramped"

"The car doesn't have quite the horsepower as the competitors but it puts the power where it needs it. The 0-60 times are close to the other cars in the category that have over 200hp. The focus does this while being able to get me 40 mpg on highways. Love the car and I have convinced a few friends to opt for the new focus as their next investment."

Fun to drive very sporty feel good gas milege

By on Thursday, September 19, 2013

Pros: "gas milege and acceleration many options on sel"

Cons: "transmission could be better"

"I have had this car for almost 2 years. No problems so far everything is smooth. This car is faster then i thought 0-60 in 7.5 seconds yet still averages 32 mpg. I am very happy i have the sel version with navigation."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25