2012 Ford Focus

7.1

Based on 508 Ratings for the 2012 - 2016 models.

7.4/10
    7.2/10
    7.4/10
    7.5/10
    7.6/10

Nice car but not much value after a 1 1/2 years

By on Sunday, August 21, 2016

Pros: "GREAT GAS MILAGE"

Cons: "FORD SYNC NEEDS WORK CAR DOESN'T HOLD VALUE AT ALL"

"We love our focus but it does not hold it's value. This is our second focus. You would have thought after the first one, we would have learned our lesson. This one is perfect and was kept in the garage all winter, never saw a snow flake, took out when the weather was nice. Only problem with the Ford Sync system is when you use voice control and you are upset or raise your voice it doesn't like it and won't work at all or makes up all kinds of things and just makes you more upset when driving in bad traffic like down town Washington, DC. Ford needs to work on this. GREAT GAS MILAGE!!!!"

Excellent engineering feat by Ford.

By on Saturday, August 20, 2016

Pros: "A drivers car with utility added."

Cons: "Brake dust is a problem on the wheels."

"I have owned and raced some very expensive cars, Porches to be exact, and this Focus ST is very close to producing the same excitement as my Carrera! The hatchback gives you utility while the overall car gives you a real driving experience. Even without the boost the car is powerful but add the duel scroll turbo and 20 PSI to the 252 hp and you can appreciate the suspension and seats! The 6 speed transmission is one of the smoothest I have ever driven. The only thing I have added is cross drilled and slotted rotors with carbon ceramic pads, the OEM rotors and pads are very good but produce to much brake dust and at the speeds this car can attain I feel more comfortable with my modest upgrade."

My first Ford Focus

By on Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Pros: "gas mileage, sync, safety ratings"

Cons: "nothing"

"I grew up in a household that only bought other makes and models (chevy,japanese). I love my Ford! I am extremely happy that I choose the Focus over the Corolla and Civic. I believe that Ford has been doing their 100%!! If you are interested in a Ford, GO DRIVE ONE! They drive great! Oh, and by the way its GREAT in the snow!"

Love it to the max.

By on Monday, October 28, 2013

Pros: "Handling, Smooth ride, quiet, Design, Quality"

Cons: "transmission is unique, and patience is needed."

"A very nimble road feel, but long wheelbase and suspension feels smooth and quiet on rough roads. Very fast pickup when needed, and 6 spd Automatic Transmission is great and smooth shifting. Easy/Fun to drive in all kinds of traffic. With only 2000 mi driven mine is getting MPG as advertised. Paint and trim quality very high, perfect. "Feels" as good as '98 Honda Prelude I once had. I am impressed with the Pricing, a great deal $ !"

'12 Focus SEL Sedan w/Auto...in love with this car

By on Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Pros: "Appearance, options, seats, high-quality interior"

Cons: "Learning curve on auto-tranny but love it now"

"Brought my 2009 Focus (75,000 miles) into local dealer for scheduled maintenance at end of February, decided to poke around the lot. Found a black (new & unsold) 2012 model SEL sedan with almost every conceivable option short of keyless ignition and rain-sensing wipers. Otherwise had it all: leather, MyTouch, Sync, moonroof, 6-spd auto w/toggle shift, 17" magnesium lookalikes, rearview camera, prox sensors, mood lighting, top-end Sony audio w/subwoofer, fogs, auto-park. Sticker asked $25,680(honestly worthwhile for all the equipment), left with the car after having paid a shade over $18,000...including extended bumper-to-bumper (i drive a LOT). Only concern I had in first few days was the transmission when in "D", which seemed "creaky", as if it couldn't make up it's mind on what to do next. But as I spent more time in it, I learned the nuances. It wants to be as fuel efficient as possible, requiring a rethinking of sorts about the way you would normally drive an automatic. Becomes second nature rather quickly, and it's kinda cool considering all of that technology at play. Want to have fun? Throw it into the sport mode and hang on. Superb handling, crisp shifts. A good time in every drive, and it looks terrific."