2012 Ford Focus

7.1

Based on 508 Ratings for the 2012 - 2016 models.

7.4/10
    7.2/10
    7.4/10
    7.5/10
    7.6/10

Excellent engineering feat by Ford.

By on Saturday, August 20, 2016

Pros: "A drivers car with utility added."

Cons: "Brake dust is a problem on the wheels."

"I have owned and raced some very expensive cars, Porches to be exact, and this Focus ST is very close to producing the same excitement as my Carrera! The hatchback gives you utility while the overall car gives you a real driving experience. Even without the boost the car is powerful but add the duel scroll turbo and 20 PSI to the 252 hp and you can appreciate the suspension and seats! The 6 speed transmission is one of the smoothest I have ever driven. The only thing I have added is cross drilled and slotted rotors with carbon ceramic pads, the OEM rotors and pads are very good but produce to much brake dust and at the speeds this car can attain I feel more comfortable with my modest upgrade."

My first Ford Focus

By on Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Pros: "gas mileage, sync, safety ratings"

Cons: "nothing"

"I grew up in a household that only bought other makes and models (chevy,japanese). I love my Ford! I am extremely happy that I choose the Focus over the Corolla and Civic. I believe that Ford has been doing their 100%!! If you are interested in a Ford, GO DRIVE ONE! They drive great! Oh, and by the way its GREAT in the snow!"

Love it to the max.

By on Monday, October 28, 2013

Pros: "Handling, Smooth ride, quiet, Design, Quality"

Cons: "transmission is unique, and patience is needed."

"A very nimble road feel, but long wheelbase and suspension feels smooth and quiet on rough roads. Very fast pickup when needed, and 6 spd Automatic Transmission is great and smooth shifting. Easy/Fun to drive in all kinds of traffic. With only 2000 mi driven mine is getting MPG as advertised. Paint and trim quality very high, perfect. "Feels" as good as '98 Honda Prelude I once had. I am impressed with the Pricing, a great deal $ !"

'12 Focus SEL Sedan w/Auto...in love with this car

By on Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Pros: "Appearance, options, seats, high-quality interior"

Cons: "Learning curve on auto-tranny but love it now"

"Brought my 2009 Focus (75,000 miles) into local dealer for scheduled maintenance at end of February, decided to poke around the lot. Found a black (new & unsold) 2012 model SEL sedan with almost every conceivable option short of keyless ignition and rain-sensing wipers. Otherwise had it all: leather, MyTouch, Sync, moonroof, 6-spd auto w/toggle shift, 17" magnesium lookalikes, rearview camera, prox sensors, mood lighting, top-end Sony audio w/subwoofer, fogs, auto-park. Sticker asked $25,680(honestly worthwhile for all the equipment), left with the car after having paid a shade over $18,000...including extended bumper-to-bumper (i drive a LOT). Only concern I had in first few days was the transmission when in "D", which seemed "creaky", as if it couldn't make up it's mind on what to do next. But as I spent more time in it, I learned the nuances. It wants to be as fuel efficient as possible, requiring a rethinking of sorts about the way you would normally drive an automatic. Becomes second nature rather quickly, and it's kinda cool considering all of that technology at play. Want to have fun? Throw it into the sport mode and hang on. Superb handling, crisp shifts. A good time in every drive, and it looks terrific."

Love it

By on Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Pros: "Great handling, great looks, SYNC, Sport seats"

Cons: "Rear space, A-pillar blind spots"

"Have had this car about 6 months now. I'm leasing it for 2 years. The reason I bought this car vs. another competitor is because of the way it drives. It is much more fun than its compact car competitors. I'd recommend getting SYNC. One feature I love is I can hit a button on the steering wheel, say "Call Wife" and the car will automatically dial my wife (confirm if it didn't understand), and I'm talking to my wife through the car. All the while, both of my hands were on the steering wheel (or shifter). I would not recommend the sedan if you need to carry a lot of cargo. The trunk is roomy enough for most trips, but bulky items will not fit well. Go for the hatch if you need more room. I chose not to because I like the sedan's lines better. I would not recommend the Focus if you often need to use the backseat for adults. It is plenty big for children and the occasional passengers, but rear legroom is bottom tier for the compact segment."

Wow !! Great Car

By on Saturday, July 9, 2011

Pros: "So Impressed with this new car !"

Cons: "None so far"

"To anyone looking for a Compact Car, this is the one you want. Mine is SE with Sport Pkg, heated seats, etc. Everything is 1st Class, especailly the ride and handling. I did a quyick trip on freeway got over 38 MPG, on avery hot day !! One of the best things about the Car is it's looks, it is a grabber, even people in BMW's give a second look, propably because it looks like a European Car, mainly an Audi A-3."

Great little fast car!

By on Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Pros: "Handling, Power, and looks."

Cons: "None."

"I have never owned a compact car before but wanted somthing that is good on fuel but also fun to drive. So, I bought a 2014 Ford Focus St. So far this car has not let me down. It is really fun to drive and gives me great gas mileage. I get an average of 25 mpg and that's with hard driving. This car just loves the curves. I really can't find anything wrong with this car at all."

A very good car for commuters

By on Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, good sound system, no cheap feel."

Cons: "Lack of storage, a little pricey for a compact car"

"I commute 45 miles each way to work. I needed a car that would get good mileage and be comfortable to sit in for extended periods. The Focus is both of these and much more. I am currently averaging 37 mpg (3 fill ups so far). The front seats are very comfortable, but the driver seat lacks an adjustable lumbar support (in the SE version I own). I use a small towel roll to make up the difference. The car has plenty of power, accelerating and shifting smoothly. The audio system (6 speaker with SIRIUS) is more than adequate for the average audiophile, reproducing wonderful sound. The hand controls on the steering wheel were confusing at first, but now are very convenient and intuitive. The only ammenity that I find lacking in this car is the absence of "cubbies." I have no real good place to put all of my... goodies. The glove box is very spacious. The center console is smallish. The cup holders in front are smallish. The door panels seem to have adequate space. But that is it. Can I live with this small flaw? Absolutely. It the car a blast to drive? You're darn tootin' it is. It handles corners like more expensive BMW's or VW's. It feels substancial and refined, yet nimble. Nothing about this car seems cheep or poorly made. The two words I can say: Buy one!"

Used 2012 Focus SEL Sedan

By on Friday, December 28, 2012

Pros: "The Interior, Exterior, Radio and Exceleration."

Cons: "Nothing for 5,000 so far."

"I bought the car at the end of October. I got it used and acordding to car facts it was a rental car. I got the car at 32,400 miles and currently have 38,000. I drive 75 + miles a day 7 days a week at times and I honestly love this car. I had a 2006 Toyota Corolla prior to this car and I liked the Toyota but it always felt cramped and like I never had enough power to get on and off the highway. I have had the car for 2 months now with a lot of driving and having people in the back seat regularly. So far I have not had an issue with their not being enoughg room even though one of my friends is 6'3" and had plenty of head room. I love the SYNC system and learned it very qucikly. I do understand where people are coming from with the tranny. But I have not had any issues with it. It accelerates very nicely and has incredible brakes. I love this car and enjoy the leather seats, moon roof,SYNC and it looks like a sports car instead of a gas sipper. I plan to keep it for quite some time and I LOVE this car!!!"

Fun and affordable

By on Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Pros: "fair price and a comfortable ride"

Cons: "sync can be difficult to use if no one shows you"

"I've had my focus for the last 7 months. I am a single guy and it has been a great car so far. Very comfortable, fun and affordable. I achieved 40 mpg on my way to San Fransico, with 3 other people in the car. They mentioned that they were comfortable as well and thats almost a 600 mile round-trip. Overall I am impressed with the quality, the quietness and efficiency of the vehicle."