2012 Ford Focus

7.1

Based on 515 Ratings for the 2012 - 2016 models.

7.4/10
    7.2/10
    7.4/10
    7.5/10
    7.6/10

worst vehicle I've ever had

By on Friday, September 16, 2016

I don't own this car

Pros: "nice convenience features (but we paid for them)"

Cons: "transmission issues that can't be fixed"

"This vehicle has transmission issues that Ford is aware of and has lowered the bar on what is an acceptable performance level to avoid responsibility. It shudders when starting from a stop and the problem gets more noticeable the longer the vehicle is driven. It has been in for service four times with the initial response being to reset the clutch adaptive learning module, to no effect. The last two service visits haven't even produced an attempt to fix the problem, just a notification that the vehicle performs to Fords specifications. This response is despite the fact that the service rep knows exactly what our complaint is when we tell him what the vehicle is. Thus far, the closest they can come to assuming responsibility is to extend the drive train warranty to 10 years, which accomplishes nothing since they are unable or unwilling to do anything about the vehicles issues. In conclusion, this has been the most unsatisfactory vehicle experience I've ever had (and I had a Pontiac Fiero back in the 70's) and I'm stuck driving a defective vehicle or taking a beating on getting out of the lease. It's probably not appropriate to condemn an entire make of cars based on one terrible experience, but if this is Fords idea of customer service, I wouldn't take the risk of dealing with their next problem that's too big to deal with."

Best Small Car I Ever Drove

By on Friday, August 19, 2016

Pros: "Drives like a Full Size Car, oustanding driving"

Cons: "You won't believe the car has high mileage"

"I have not had a single problem with vehicle. I change oil & lube on schedule. Had one flat. Tires excellent ,body extra clean, No dents or scratches, Glass all clear & clean. Rides & drives like a big size automobile. Cruise Control, Extra Clean. Driven only by me the owner(87 yrs. old)"

Great car except for automatic transmission

By on Thursday, January 8, 2015

Pros: "Good size, great fuel mileage, good looks/design"

Cons: "Automatic transmission- would be perfect w/manual"

"Overall the Focus is a great little car, I just wish I bought the manual transmission. I ended up buying an automatic because that's the only thing the dealers in my area had in stock, and I couldn't get any discounts/incentives if I special ordered one. After driving it for a couple years I really regret that - I should have held out for a manual transmission as the automatic is the only major negative. Like most everyone else, my Focus SE with the automatic also suffers from shudders and quirky/noisy shifting particularly at low speeds. However during more "spirited" acceleration it cleans up a lot and the shifting is much crisper. But still, the automatic's shifting pattern is clearly tuned for fuel mileage and it keeps the RPM's pretty low all the time. The push-button sequential shifting feature is also completely useless - it is awkward to use, and there is a long delay (1 second or more) between pushing the button and the actual shift. That being said, although the transmission is annoying, it has been reliable for me. Haven't had any mechanical issues since buying it new (~2.5 years, 30k miles, averaging 35.5 mpg)."

Love it

By on Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Pros: "Great handling, great looks, SYNC, Sport seats"

Cons: "Rear space, A-pillar blind spots"

"Have had this car about 6 months now. I'm leasing it for 2 years. The reason I bought this car vs. another competitor is because of the way it drives. It is much more fun than its compact car competitors. I'd recommend getting SYNC. One feature I love is I can hit a button on the steering wheel, say "Call Wife" and the car will automatically dial my wife (confirm if it didn't understand), and I'm talking to my wife through the car. All the while, both of my hands were on the steering wheel (or shifter). I would not recommend the sedan if you need to carry a lot of cargo. The trunk is roomy enough for most trips, but bulky items will not fit well. Go for the hatch if you need more room. I chose not to because I like the sedan's lines better. I would not recommend the Focus if you often need to use the backseat for adults. It is plenty big for children and the occasional passengers, but rear legroom is bottom tier for the compact segment."

Wow !! Great Car

By on Saturday, July 9, 2011

Pros: "So Impressed with this new car !"

Cons: "None so far"

"To anyone looking for a Compact Car, this is the one you want. Mine is SE with Sport Pkg, heated seats, etc. Everything is 1st Class, especailly the ride and handling. I did a quyick trip on freeway got over 38 MPG, on avery hot day !! One of the best things about the Car is it's looks, it is a grabber, even people in BMW's give a second look, propably because it looks like a European Car, mainly an Audi A-3."