2012 Ford Focus

7.3

Based on 339 Ratings for the 2012 - 2015 models.

7.4/10
    7.3/10
    7.5/10
    7.6/10

not impressed with vehicle

By on Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Pros: "good gas mileage"

Cons: "poor fabric on seats transmission problems"

"had to have transmission parts replaced twice under warranty and also right front axle replaced"

Need a time machine

By on Monday, November 17, 2014

Pros: "flat dry surface handling"

Cons: "no storage,control & cupholder placement"

"So that I can turn back the clock and not buy this car. Poor placement of controls behind steering wheel so they're not visible without doing contortions requiring taking your eyes off the road. Console designed so that you have to reach over them to use the climate controls, shift, or set the ebrake. No storage, folding the back seats down flat takes 10 minutes. The hard cover for the cargo area is stored in my barn, it just gets in the way, should be a retractable. Traction control causes car to hesitate when accelerating from a stop, feels like it stalls, on the slightest wet road so I have to disable it whenever it rains or snows. Kind of defeats the purpose. On the plus side on flat dry roads the car handles well. Unfortunately this is Oregon, neither of those are in abundance here. I'll trade this as soon as the $6K loss, paid $22k six weeks ago - KBB now $16k, is covered."

Best Ford I've ever owned.

By on Saturday, November 15, 2014

"Best wishes"

GOOD CARS FLAWS IN TRANNY FORD NEEDS TO FIX

By on Friday, November 14, 2014

Pros: "stylish fun to drive fuel efficient"

Cons: "transmission awful"

"Fun and stylish car if you can look past transmission. It's horrible to say the least. Feels like car wants to stall when you move from stoplights."

Annoying Transmission

By on Friday, November 14, 2014

Pros: "Tight handling, good 4 cyl power, great gas miles"

Cons: "Transmission noises, jerky under 20 mph"

"This car would have been a 9 out of 10 for the money but the transmission ruins the car for local driving. The automatic transmission is actually a semi automatic transmission so it sometimes shifts unsmoothly but only if you going under 20 mph. I have had this car for 1 year and 3 months and bought it brand new. The transmission makes rattle noises from the day I got it which Ford says is normal. I learned to accept that. The jerky shifting happens once in a while which is the most annoying. Once you are past 20 mph though it shifts really smooth. On the highway it's a fun car smooth ride. As annoying as the transmission feels part of me thinks it won't break. That is just the design they did to make it more gas efficient it seems. It handles really well and has nice power for a 4 cylinder. I give it a 10 for that. If I bought it used it wouldn't annoy me but a new car that makes noise and shifts awkward made me feel ripped off. I tell everyone I know to NEVER buy a Ford. If they are irresponsible on making a quiet smooth shifting transmission then there is plenty more they probably are screwing up on. Only buy this if you get a really good deal and am OK with the transmission sometimes shifting jerky under 20 mph speeds. If you do a lot of highway driving it won't annoy you as much. Note all my ratings would have been 9 or 10 but the transmission made me rate them lower."